Playoff Update (Merged)

If a team drops out of the top 8 and the Kings get in, I actually expect it to be the Hornets and not the Lakers. They're the only team in the top 8 to have a negative point differential. They're young and rely on a rookie. They kind of remind me of the Cavs of last year.

Sorry to spoil the fun... we are not making the playoffs.

Well the only way is one of the teams above us completely colapse. We wont catch them based on road our play.

6th said:
Kings113, I was just wondering why you were talking to yourself in this thread about the Lakers/Clippers game. There is a thread going in the NBA forum. ;)
lol

To answer your question, I was watching the game (not browsing around) and just made a couple posts before I found out about that thread later on (hence the time of my post in that thread). Not like I was intending to turn it into a discussion about the game.

Last edited:
BigWaxer said:
Sorry to spoil the fun... we are not making the playoffs.

Well the only way is one of the teams above us completely colapse. We wont catch them based on road our play.
Making the playoffs or not will be determined after the road-trip. That is what will totally define that.

Checking one day, Lakers fans on the RealGM board have been saying they won't be able to hold onto their 8th spot. Also everyone is still talking about Houston (24-31), despite T-Mac being in a funk and off the court happenings.

Last edited:
Tonight:

Hornets at Jazz - either has a good chance to win. Be nice for the Hornets to win after the loss at home wednesday, and to give the Jazz another loss ;). Kirk Snyder has a good game against his old team.

Warriors at Spurs - both played last night, but Spurs still win. Probably in blow-out fashion.

swisshh said:
If a team drops out of the top 8 and the Kings get in, I actually expect it to be the Hornets and not the Lakers. They're the only team in the top 8 to have a negative point differential. They're young and rely on a rookie. They kind of remind me of the Cavs of last year.
That is one reason to hope for the Jazz to win, keeps the Hornets in range of the pack. The Jazz can crumble the game after.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Hornets play Portland tomorrow. So lets hope the utah game goes into triple OT so maybe Portland can take them then we get Portland off a back to back Monday

Hornets beat Jazz in a dog-fight, great game. My boy Linton Johnson finally getting time in his young career (Bulls, released, Spurs, injured, released, Nets, barely played, traded), and showed off with 17 pts and 11 boards. Think he's gonna be another steal, like Kirk Snyder's become. Paul/Brown/Butler were also big. Paul played like a vet. down the stretch.

As expected, Warriors got blown out.

Kings113 said:
Making the playoffs or not will be determined after the road-trip. That is what will totally define that.

Checking one day, Lakers fans on the RealGM board have been saying they won't be able to hold onto their 8th spot. Also everyone is still talking about Houston (24-31), despite T-Mac being in a funk and off the court happenings.

And the Houston Rockets win again today.....they have won 9 out of their last 11 games.....and they do it with a 50-60% T-Mac and a Yao who just came out from a huge toe surgery and haven't fully recover yet...

They are really a lot hotter than us right now...but according to a Houston Rocket fan site, of the 29 teams, they have the toughest remaining schedule (3 times against the Spurs and 2 times against Dallas, 2 times against the Suns)

But anyways, if they don't give up, why should we?

Rockets won against Magic, still not quite to our area, but got a bit closer. They'll lose to the Suns next game. Hornets could well lose, playing in a tough game last night, and still on the road.

I'd say either Celts/Lakers can win their game... hopefully Celts. :)

Entity

Hall of Famer
Lebron james is banged up a little bit by taking a kick to the shen. And Vince carter left the game earlier with a hamstring injury. These injuries could be important to our road trip. Both slowed a little with Ron Artest on them could not be the ingredients for them to have good games

Kings113 said:
Rockets won against Magic, still not quite to our area, but got a bit closer. They'll lose to the Suns next game. Hornets could well lose, playing in a tough game last night, and still on the road.

I'd say either Celts/Lakers can win their game... hopefully Celts. :)

it's 50/50 between Celtics/Lakers so far, the Blazers...I don't think they are good enough to beat any .500+ teams...

And the good thing about the Rockets is, I am sure no one wants to play this team at the 1st round....so you can expect Spurs/Dallas/Suns try everything they can to knock the Rockets out of playoff run...

I think we need to worry more about our own games though...no point talking about playoff if we can't win on the road.

Well, the reason I'm still talking about other teams is because we aren't out of it yet and like to keep taps on the other teams. It adds to following the game sometimes.

I agree about the Rockets, and good point Entity.

piksi said:
what difference does it make when we can't beat them
if we can beat the Blazers tomorrow, we are 1-1 the last 2 games including the loss to the Lakers.

the Lakers, including the win VS us, are 1-2 the last 3 games.

So the difference is, they lose 1 more game than we do (assuming we win tomorrow)..so that our playoff hope is still there.

Enough to make you feel better?

Tonight:

Jazz at Warriors - Don't care who wins... just hope it's a blow-out. ;)

Suns at Rockets - Suns win. Plus Rockets on second of a back-to-back.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Rockets are a serious threat. 8-2 or 9-1 in their last 10, and running down all of us middling teams stuggling to put 2 wins together. They finally got healthy.

The one advanatage I think we have vis a vis them is that they haven't played that many division games yet I don't think, and so could run into Dallas, San Antonio, Memphis etc. quite a bit down the stretch. Haven't checked the schedule for exact details.

Bricklayer said:
Rockets are a serious threat. 8-2 or 9-1 in their last 10, and running down all of us middling teams stuggling to put 2 wins together. They finally got healthy.

The one advanatage I think we have vis a vis them is that they haven't played that many division games yet I don't think, and so could run into Dallas, San Antonio, Memphis etc. quite a bit down the stretch. Haven't checked the schedule for exact details.
Yeah they play SA 3 times, DAL twice and MEM once.