OFFICIAL Free Agent Tracking Thread (MERGED)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
C Diddy said:
Might as well update Bonzi Wells- Option picked up and traded to Sac.
Oops, you're right. Missed our own guy. ;)

But since his option was picked up, I just removed his name because he really was not a FA at all.

nbrans said:
According to RealGM, a Cleveland TV station is reporting a S&T between the Cavs and the Clippers. Marko Jaric and possibly Chris Wilcox to the Cavs for Drew Gooden.

Wow, Jaric, Hughes, LeBron, Donyell, Big Z? Not bad at all.

At the same time, I'm not sure if I believe this. I know the Clippers aren't exactly known for acting rationally, but why would they make this trade??
That would have to be one of the biggest backcourts going around and its defensively monsterous on the perimeter. Hughes is All-Defensive 1st team and Jaric is a VERY good defender.

I think Jaric would be a perfect fit for the Cavs. He doesn't have to score much, he just has to play D, set up play for others and take open shots when the opportubity presents itself.

If Cavs pull this one off and add another hustler as a back up PF, they would be right up there as far as contending for the title is concerned.

sackingsgirl said:
Dose anyone know when the 2005 -2006 game schedule comes out?
Sometime in early August. It's usually after the signing date. That way the NBA can pick and televise the teams/games they think will be most marketable.

umm.. does n e 1 kno where keon clarke is hiding out

well since this is the free agent n trade thread, does n e one kno where this guy is. He worked out well for us last tyme wat do u think if hes given another shot, or another ride wth the kings??

sactown_draftpick said:
well since this is the free agent n trade thread, does n e one kno where this guy is. He worked out well for us last tyme wat do u think if hes given another shot, or another ride wth the kings??
Let me answer your question:

Stojakovic said:
Yeahhhh...let's pick up the same guy who dumped all over the franchise when we traded him.

And yeaahh...let's pick up the same guy who keeps signing contracts and never shows up to practice or play.

Great idea.

FullAB said:
keon clark is done.......probably forever

VF21 said:
He chose to bad mouth the team, the coach, and fans big time when he left.

He has failed to report TWICE for teams earlier this year, teams who could really have used him.

We are not going to get Keon Clark back. That ship has sailed, struck a big iceberg and sunk to the bottom of the sea. Just like Clark's career...
The oft-traveled and troubled shot-blocker was expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but the deal collapsed. This is the same Clark who, despite a solid season with the Kings three years ago, had issues with tardiness and later blew off rehabilitation assignments with the Utah Jazz. "Keon isn't coming," Cavaliers coach Paul Silas told reporters. "Write it down. He ain't coming."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Keon Clark was a no-show for two different teams this past season. Do I know WHERE he is? No. Can I guess what he's doing? Oh yeah... Do I want him back? Sure, right about the same time we bring OP back onto the squad.

i aint hearing nothing outta our camp for the past couple of dayz. GP supporters would say thts a good thing but seriously do n e body have n e realistic PF we could go after. I dont want to hear wat would b nice; jus realistic i hate being in the dark .......GP if u r in here under a diff name say something lol

yo i was wondering how much are we over the cap? may b we trade for tim thomas or penny hardway to get us under the cap. heyy its the knicks they would do stupid s#!t like tht.

Also didnt the knicks wanted cris webber if we had traded thm there thn we woud at least have exp contracts this year im out!!

sactown_draftpick said:
i aint hearing nothing outta our camp for the past couple of dayz. GP supporters would say thts a good thing but seriously do n e body have n e realistic PF we could go after. I dont want to hear wat would b nice; jus realistic i hate being in the dark .......GP if u r in here under a diff name say something lol
I think you're just impatient, there's still plenty of off-season left, and Petrie the last 3 years has made most of his big deals in August-after.

Reggie Evans, Eddie Griffin (I haven't read on RealGM or on InsideHoops/HoopsHype he agreed to a deal, or seen on any tickers, plus nobody can sign till next week), Antoine Walker, Othella Harrington are realistic guys for PF we could get out of FAs that are at least solid or better.

Because let's face it, Kenny Thomas won't be our starting 4 next season.

Last edited:
Antoine Walker a member of the Heat?? Hoopsworld is reporting a rumor about a three way trade involving the Grizzlies, Heat and Celtics. Jason Williams would go to the Celtics, Antoine Walker would go to the Heat in a S&T, and Michael Doleac would go to the Grizzlies.

If that's true, the Kings aren't getting a new starting 4 through free agency.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_13607.shtml

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
ESPN has summarized the following list of FA's that have not as yet agreed to sign with anyone. Not a lot there now (7/30):

Unrestricted: Dale Davis, C, Pacers; Steven Hunter, C, Suns; Kerry Kittles, SG, Clippers; Casey Jacobsen, Hornets; Kareem Rush, SG, Bobcats; Othella Harrington, F, Bulls; Juan Dixon, G, Wizards; Robert Traylor, PF/C, Cavs; Glenn Robinson, SF, Spurs; Jahidi White, C, Bobcats; Bo Outlaw, F, Grizzlies; Ervin Johnson, C, Timberwolves; Tyronn Lue, PG, Rockets; Darrell Armstrong, PG, Mavericks; Greg Buckner, G, Nuggets; Jon Barry, G, Rockets; Tom Gugliotta, F, Hawks; DeSagana Diop, C, Cavs; Dajuan Wagner, G, Cavs; Rick Brunson, PG, Clippers

Restricted: Jason Kapono, F, Bobcats; Matt Bonner, F, Raptors; Steve Blake, PG, Wizards; Chris Duhon, PG, Bulls; Maurice Evans, G/F, Kings; Damien Wilkens, G, Sonics

Other than Hunter, who would fit or be desirable?

Bricklayer

CruzDude said:
ESPN has summarized the following list of FA's that have not as yet agreed to sign with anyone. Not a lot there now (7/30):

Unrestricted: Dale Davis, C, Pacers; Steven Hunter, C, Suns; Kerry Kittles, SG, Clippers; Casey Jacobsen, Hornets; Kareem Rush, SG, Bobcats; Othella Harrington, F, Bulls; Juan Dixon, G, Wizards; Robert Traylor, PF/C, Cavs; Glenn Robinson, SF, Spurs; Jahidi White, C, Bobcats; Bo Outlaw, F, Grizzlies; Ervin Johnson, C, Timberwolves; Tyronn Lue, PG, Rockets; Darrell Armstrong, PG, Mavericks; Greg Buckner, G, Nuggets; Jon Barry, G, Rockets; Tom Gugliotta, F, Hawks; DeSagana Diop, C, Cavs; Dajuan Wagner, G, Cavs; Rick Brunson, PG, Clippers

Restricted: Jason Kapono, F, Bobcats; Matt Bonner, F, Raptors; Steve Blake, PG, Wizards; Chris Duhon, PG, Bulls; Maurice Evans, G/F, Kings; Damien Wilkens, G, Sonics

Other than Hunter, who would fit or be desirable?
Unless expn knows a LOT more than anybody else (including they themselves) is letting on, that list is woefully incomplete.

ESPN does have a knack for writing woefully inadaquate and uninformative reports, but that at least list the biggest fish around, unless I missed something. I didn't actually think about it reading it, so they could be missing something big, as usual

Eddie Griffin isn't on there, he didn't agree to a deal yet (it wasn't on tickers, realgm, or officially on insidehoops/hoopshype).

Juan Dixon should be off of there.

As far as desireable from that list, Greg Buckner (damn good defender, good 3P shooter, nothings been going on with the Nuggets for many weeks) and Jahidi White would be great for the bench.

Interesting situation with the Hawks now... they have for swingmen:

Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Marvin Williams, Al Harrington... all can start. Now, excluding Johnson of course, what are they going to do with the other four? All four can play SF too. Bench two (or three maybe) of them, or trade one or two of them away (I know about Harrington and his rumors, but still isn't definitely gonna be gone or something)? :)

I'd love to see Petrie get in on that in the coming weeks/next month...

Last edited:

Bricklayer

sauce-26 said:
What about mark blount at center to back up brad. I hear he will be available soon.
Sucks. Bad contract. Unless you are suggesting he is going to released. In which case he still sucks, but at least would come pretty cheaply. Just see no real advanatage there though. Has size, but does not score, does not board, solid defender but not much of a shotblocker. He's pretty much just empty minutes that you just throw out there if you have nobody better. Prefer Skinner, limited though he might be. Much prefer Rasho, if he is out there. Or Blount's frontcourt mate Raef.

Always figured if we ever dod do a Peja for Pierce swap that we would probably have to end up with Blount or Raef to convince Boston to do it. But otherwise, Blount is about as uninspiring a big man as there is in the league. There is a school of thought that he might work well for us because he is so fundamentally sound. But he's also so modestly talented that its hard to imagine when you would ever actually WANT him to be on the floor except to repalce a complete incompetent.

Griffin to return

The Timberwolves have agreed to terms to bring back free agent Eddie Griffin. The forward, who averaged 7.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 70 games last season, will receive a two-year contract calling for $1.8 million the first year and $2 million the second year.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/507/5544392-2.html

Dang!!! another Big bites the Dust!!!!

Better get busy GP!!!

He agreed to a deal. Not signed one. Also, I don't see this on ESPN (TV/Tickers/website) or RealGM yet.

It's not like he'd be off the market anyways because of what was reported today. Or out of our reach, as there is always trading.

Why? Minnesota wants to bring back Mo Evans, and the T'Wolves already have Dwayne Jones, Nikoloz Tshkitizviliz (did my best ;)), Mark Madsen, Olowokandi on the roster. Unsigned free-agents Ervin Johnson and John Thomas are possibilities to come back.

Last edited: