2019 Free Agency tracking thread

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I guess it also depends on what he's seeking but it sounds like he's hearing nothing but crickets. Injury or not, if he's just looking for a spot it's crazy.
If the Lakers don't get Leonard, I think he goes there. His relationship with AD was reported to be ok. Maybe even they do get Leonard, but then it would be at the minimum.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
And then he stepped on a bottle at the beach. Always something with Walton. I wish I could have seen him in his prime, as he is a Portland legend. Not that I had anything to do with this town prior to 15 years ago.
I did see him in his prime, both in college and with Portland in the NBA. He was an absolute phenom. His ability to rebound and outlet the ball was extraordinary. His BBIQ was off the charts. In the NCAA Finals against Memphis State he made 21 out of 22 shots. (John Wooden said to him, "I used to think you were a good player … until you missed that one shot"). And against Portland in the 1977 playoffs I truly think that Walton outplayed Jabbar.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I had originally intended for this thread to be for TRACKING free agency moves. Since I was AWOL for a few days, however, I'm not gonna split out the discussion. I may or may not update the initial post to show all the free agent agreements. It seems like there are dozens of sites that have up-to-the-minute information like that, such as THIS ONE, which has all the information listed by team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Please do not post links to Reddit. :)

1. You have no way to post JUST the link.
2. A lot of the stuff posted there is from other sites, but without proper attribution.

Or for those of how are old enough to remember Bill Walton. In his early career before the knees went he was a monster, but even with both knees shot he made the Boston Bench a problem the Lakers reserves could not get past.
Most never saw Arvydas Sabonis play before his knee issues, but there are many that believe he may have been the best big man ever. A 7’3 monster with athleticism and guard like passing skills. Dude could even shoot it well.

I remember how good he was with Portland despite lacking the athleticism he once had. I can only imagine how good he was beforehand. It’s a shame he wasn’t able to come to the NBA sooner. Think Shaq with a perimeter shot and better passing skills.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Most never saw Arvydas Sabonis play before his knee issues, but there are many that believe he may have been the best big man ever. A 7’3 monster with athleticism and guard like passing skills. Dude could even shoot it well.

I remember how good he was once with Portland despite lacking the athleticism he once had. I can only imagine how good he was beforehand. It’s a shame he wasn’t able to come to the NBA sooner. Think Shaq with a perimeter shot and better passing skills.
Quite true. Although I would say Soviet communism did more to rob the world of sabonis his talents than his later knee injuries did. He had several good years just not in the US and not unfortunately and televised games. But yes by all accounts the sabonis that played for Portland and was brilliant at passing was a shadow of the young man that devastated opponents in international play.