[Game] Kings @ Wizards - Monday, March 11 - 4PT/7ET

Somebody, please replace the Kings playbook with the Rockets. Just sneak in and pull the 'ol switcharoo! Dust cover says Kings but oh yeah, I'd kill to see them run that 5 spread high pick and roll with this team. Buddy Hield and Bogdan getting those set 3's would crush teams.

BOgi is becoming indefensible, just have to hope there is no permanent injury here

I'm starting to wonder if he's being worn down. We saw the Buddy stat the other night. He's right near the top in miles traveled per game yet he plays less minutes compared to his counterparts. Even that out and he's clearly on top. We are seeing more and more screen plays run just to even get Bogan the ball up top. Why? Totally unnecessary in that last instance. Senseless movement considering your half court set hasn't even started yet.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
They're pressing pretty bad. Washington doesn't even look like like they care all that much, but you still have to go out there and beat them. We seem to be searching for an identity which is typical of teams who've lost a lot of games recently but when this "slide" started it was with dominating wire-to-wire performances against elite teams that just came up short. At some point we decided we needed to change things and went away from what was working.

The starting line up needs to change.

I mostly like Joeger as a coach but he sometimes is too late making the changes that are necessary.

Mason getting minutes over Ferrell at the start of the season was another thing that annoyed me.

Anyone know where the Kings stand in mid-range offense since the break? Harrison has the ball on the baseline near the 3 and both Bjelica and Giles are right at the hoop for no reason. Spread the freaking floor and stop running so many freaking pin downs leading to mid-range looks!

As much as I am apathetic to Beli, maybe the lineup change will happen.

Though it doesn’t mean Barnes won’t be looked at as a stretch PF long term IMO

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I gotta disagree slab. I don’t think the league has figured his game out. I think he’s still having some issues related to his injuries coupled with some inconsistent play. He will be fine
Idk... I thought that for his early struggles... but it’s continued and he’s been so bad all season long. I’m afraid this is the player he is.

The starting line up needs to change.

I mostly like Joeger as a coach but he sometimes is too late making the changes that are necessary.

Mason getting minutes over Ferrell at the start of the season was another thing that annoyed me.

He's actually been not so bad changing things up lately. Last year was one of the biggest self imposed disasters I've ever seen. The scary thing is the horn set garbage trickled all the way over to this years preseason. Elston Turner had them run more pick and roll when he filled in and since then they threw away most of the two elbow high post crap.

Well, playing SF should’ve helped him defending slower players and taking them off the dribble, at least theoretically
I don't think he's been that bad defensively. Again, the Kings woes are offense. They've rarely shut teams down on their best day, they however have blown up the scoreboard. They have to know who they are before they can go anywhere. The defense they do play will look a lot better when they aren't hamstrung offensively for stretches here and there. The only complaint I do have on their defensive plan is that they rely way too heavily on guard help in the paint and run outs. The Kings already run some of the most tiring offense you can with the amount of screens they set just to get their playmakers the ball so to couple that with going over every screen and relying on running back out to the 3 point line time after time, well, it's going to test your stamina. Now he's starting to up the minutes his main guys play so this is a test beyond the test already.