[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 11/28/21 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wonder if it's a confidence thing now that defenders are closing in on him faster and he doesn't think he'll shoot the same rate or something? But Hali is far and away the 2nd best shooter on the team behind Buddy and on a team with a Fox/Holmes (non/inconsistent spacers), he needs to be launching these open shots and not trying to create all the time. The irony is that once he starts launching a bit, it'll give him a more clear path to the rim where he can create easy shots.

We don't need him launching 10 3's a game like Buddy, but he should pretty consistently be in the 6- 8 range every game. T. Davis for gods sakes, who's played 450 less minutes, only has 24 less 3's taken Hali. Hali is 5th on total 3PA on the team. He's got to be more selfish and take on that spacer role if the starting lineup wants to remain successful
It's not even as if I'm expecting him to take pull up 3s in transition or come off screens for a shot. Literally just take the open kick out 3 that everyone else on the team takes consistently, be it Bagley or Mo or Barnes or Davion or Buddy (well Buddy doesn't get many of such looks) or even Alex frikin Len. No, he swings it to a player who already has a player on them instead or drives into a crowded paint.

It's not even as if I'm expecting him to take pull up 3s in transition or come off screens for a shot. Literally just take the open kick out 3 that everyone else on the team takes consistently, be it Bagley or Mo or Barnes or Davion or Buddy (well Buddy doesn't get many of such looks) or even Alex frikin Len. No, he swings it to a player who already has a player on them instead or drives into a crowded paint.
Why doesn't he just take a regular layup with a chance for foul? Always a floater or a pass, do a regular layup for goodness sake. He never gets to the line. We also need some highlight dunkers on the team. Fox use to surprise us from time to time

He's been like this all year....even when they started off hot.
I mean we started off hot in Kangz standards but we weren’t beating teams soundly. We were just out working them. That’s unsustainable and I get it. The outlook still sucks cause it’s not gonna be a winning season with that. I’ve been in that situation and it truly is deflating.
Now do I agree what Fox is doing as a professional with his attitude and on-court effort? No but it is what it is. Kangz baby~~~~~ #Tank #Tankathon #DraftPick #BasketballHell #Iloveit

Kingster

Hall of Famer
All great points. I've noticed this as well. Last year, I really thought he had that killer instinct, will to win type attitude. This year it's completely different. Yesterday when they got down like 11 really early, I saw him laughing with one of the Memphis players. I feel like true competitors would never do that in that moment. They'd be pissed at their horrible start and be focused.

He's really looking like he's going through the motions, collecting his money now. I just feel like something is off....maybe it's personal? More likely, he's realized he's in "basketball hell" and he's depressed!
It's a great cop-out. Yeah, the basketball hell in which they win against Portland and the Lakers consecutively:rolleyes:. I think the "basketball hell" excuse is just that. I don't buy it. It's a great excuse for laziness, for lacking mental toughness, for the lack of competitiveness, the lack of killer instinct, etc., etc. I think he's got his contract and he just doesn't want to work hard every night. He's the passive victim to his own team's demise. Bottom line: He's dogging it!

It looks like "it's not worth it" for Fox to play hard according to one analyst on 1320. That's the way one analyst on 1320 explains Fox attitude. This analyst says the same thing I've said: Just once I'd like to see Fox get a defensive rebound and try to beat the opposing team up the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.