[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 11/28/21 3pm Pacific 6pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haliburton needs to have a more consistently aggressive approach when it comes to scoring.
And the Kings need to understand what he is and could be when it comes to whatever parts of his development are still available. He's pretty much the player you expected coming out of college. Part of his lack of assertiveness is based around a lack of ability against certain defenses. He's working on his mid-range game but that's where his stroke is going to effect him a bit. Right now, I wouldn't sink a whole lot of development expectations on him becoming someone who you can count on generating individual offense from outside of step back or side step 3's and that floater. Being a star with those 3 moves ain't gonna happen, but he can be good enough with them if used right.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
4-17 from three. I swear we have seen this 15 times to start a game this season
when you have a roster that can't shoot very well and they continue to chuck them up, you end up with such results. Now someone will post that the Kings are middle of the pack in terms of 3 point percentage

And the Kings need to understand what he is and could be when it comes to whatever parts of his development are still available. He's pretty much the player you expected coming out of college. Part of his lack of assertiveness is based around a lack of ability against certain defenses. He's working on his mid-range game but that's where his stroke is going to effect him a bit. Right now, I wouldn't sink a whole lot of development expectations on him becoming someone who you can count on generating individual offense from outside of step back or side step 3's and that floater. Being a star with those 3 moves ain't gonna happen, but he can be good enough with them if used right.
He just needs to work with a shooting coach on a faster, more effective release IMO. If Lonzo Ball can do it (Hali is a better shooter than Ball was in his first two years) then anyone can do it.

Sadly one of my many fears about replacing Walton was the idea that gentry might get us into the playoffs and get a contract.
That's one of the reasons I didn't like the call of Gentry this year, and liked it last year. Making that call last year meant they were still in that window of the play in if and when they made it. Going with new blood this season meant you can still get something out of it but have upside in the interim. I mean, what are the expectations for Gentry? Play in or bust? .500 ball from here on? History was all you needed to tell you Walton wasn't sticking long term once Vlade was ousted, now they've wasted an entire offseason not doing any of what Monte should have been doing. They needed wings, he ran back what he had and traded for more bigs, then he let Walton dig a hole to start this season already. That's on Monte And if he's not in control of it then that's a whole different ball game.

when you have a roster that can't shoot very well and they continue to chuck them up, you end up with such results. Now someone will post that the Kings are middle of the pack in terms of 3 point percentage
and even if you are middle of the pack, that won’t get it done if you are back end defensively

He just needs to work with a shooting coach on a faster, more effective release IMO. If Lonzo Ball can do it (Hali is a better shooter than Ball was in his first two years) then anyone can do it.
In the end they are kind of topping out around the same area it would seem. The only difference is Haliburton is a smarter team player, Lonzo is more rugged on both ends.

When do we get Barnes and Holmes back? I forgot how much i hate our training staff and their lack of transparency. We certainly aren't good enough to be missing multiple starters

He’s a youngster that is still playing in the early stages of just his 2nd NBA season, so I definitely take that into account when evaluating his play.

I do think that he will improve his game and expand his skill set to address some of his shortcomings, but for now he needs to better recognize his own opportunities to score - like wide open 3s that he is very capable of making at a good percentage.

This Kings squad isn’t talented enough for him to defer to others as much as he does. Sometimes, the team just needs him to make a bucket - especially when the offense is sputtering (as it so often does).

I hope they at least give King more burn against the Lakers.

As much as I like Metu, he doesn’t really give us anything. He plays slightly below average defense, rebounds ok, has decent handles but stuggles finishing and is a bad 3 point shooter more times than not.

if I am Gentry I do the following:

1) start Bagley if Barnes can’t go
2) give King the start at the 3 even if it’s limited minutes
3) tell Hali to take the threes I don’t care if they are blocked. the hesitation is worse
4) give Len all of TTs minutes. Tristan’s hard work and rebounding is not worth the poor defense, terrible touch and bad free throw shooting.

Last edited:
Idk why we didn't start Bagley to begin with. I'm sick of metu already. He's taking shots likes he's Jordan, they look great coming off his hands and that's where it all ends.

Mitchells defense is disappearing and his shot from 3 is questionable at best. Not going to lie, that bs ron arrest comparison and top 5 defender is pissin me off at moment.

Buddy man Buddy. The love hate with him is the worst I've seen from a player. 50% of us winning or losing depends on if his shot is falling or not. That's crazy for anyone not named curry. He has nothing to offer but 3s and they rain. Hit or miss.

TDs family prob requesting a refund of there tix, and they didn't even pay for them.

At what point does a player need to stop taking 3's for a while, when they continue to hurt the team with their ~20% clip.

If there is one team that needs to shoot a lot less 3's, it's this current roster. Figure out some old school schemes and get closer to the basket

I hope they at least give King more burn against the Lakers.

As much as I like Metu, he doesn’t really give us anything. He plays slightly below average defense, rebounds ok, has decent handles but stuggles finishing and is a bad 3 point shooter more times than not.

if I am Gentry I do the following:

1) start Bagley if Barnes can’t go
2) give King the start at the 3 even if it’s limited minutes
3) tell Hali to take the threes I don’t care if they are blocked. the hesitation is worse
4) give Len all of TTs minutes. Tristan’s hard work and rebounding is not worth the poor defense, terrible touch and bad free throw shooting.
they never should have gotten Thompson in the first place.

you and me both brotha. But this team can’t shoot for s*** so I felt most likely that wouldn’t happen.
they are small and can’t shoot for crap. Whomever said Mitchell could guard 3 is right up there with whoever said Bagley could play 3. Oh wait. Both were our GM’s. No wonder we suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.