[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 1/4/2020, 7PM PST, 10PM EST

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
*Fell asleep last night (which is like six hours ago for me) before I could actually write anything.*

Suffice to say, nothing would help correct the narrative of the last couple days like a nice resounding win over the Warriors. Go Kings

Awards Time!

Tony Delk Memorial Award - Sterling Brown.

Jason Hart-Andres Nocioni - Cory Joseph

Shariff Abdur-Rahim - The Kings 2010 draft class.

Luke Walton Vacuum Cleaner Award - Luke Walton.

WTF Moment of the Game - The tweet.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Well... Curry just dropped.... 62?

Wouldn’t be surprised if he murders us tonight, but that doesn’t guarantee a W for the Ws!

Go Kings!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
No Haliburton, no hope.

Tanks in command for a night.

30+ minutes for CoJo. Bagley sits another 4th quarter. I scream about Whiteside not playing any minutes.

If Tyrese was healthy, it would be easy to start the small lineup, reward Ty and punish Marvin at the same time.

Walton could "say", he was playing the matchup game and Marvin would be playing (backup) center exclusively tonight and not power forward.

Without Haliburton, there may be no way to do this and Walton will look weak for pretending it is business as usual.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Another small ball test. You would think the Kings come out with some fire after that last game embarrassment. This Warriors squad is more talented than the Harden-less Rox but they are far less physical so that should work in the Kings favor with their big lineup. The problem for the Kings is the last game in preseason they stretched the Kings out and put them in the grinder on swing passes obliterating the offense while they waited to get their second wind.

Kings win this.
Why?
#kangz, that's why.

Steph only goes for 30, because his arm falls off at the half. Grant Napear phones in to talk about Klay Thompson.
I hear talk there was a certain legendary feat that happened in a basketball quarter, but I can't remember the details and I need a refresher.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don’t know why I’m rooting for a win because I want the great draft pick but leettttttttt’s gooooooo.

Pretty sure I’ll be disgusted later when Cojo is killing us with his ball pounding

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don’t know why I’m rooting for a win because I want the great draft pick but leettttttttt’s gooooooo.

Pretty sure I’ll be disgusted later when Cojo is killing us with his ball pounding
I’m all for tanking, but shutting up smug W’s fans is better for the night. We can lose any other game.