[Game] Kings vs. 76ers 10PM ET 7PM PT

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
In any case, the deal we made with Philly over the summer means we essentially have no chance of drafting Ben Simmons anyway. You need a team to do what Cleveland did with Andrew Wiggins... draft him and trade him... and that only happened because Lebron had an opt-out after 1 year and they couldn't afford to wait. Also they had just won the lottery 3 times so that #1 pick had become devalued to them in a way that it won't be for any other team. Whoever wins the lottery this year is keeping Simmons, they're not trading him for a mercurial big man with a permanent black cloud over his head.

K

KingMilz

We got two cancers in Cousins and Rudy they need to be cut out it's really that simple we lost that game cause the core group of Rondo , Cousins, Gaynget out hustled every game and there decision making is a joke.

Game was going in our favor when Acy subbed in moment he subbed out it was done from there. Best possible result losing today we saw we have guys that are not fit to build a team around.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I just listened to the Karl post game interview. When he said we have too many offensive players and not enough defensive players, he was implying that some of the players on the team only care about offense, getting their touches and making shots, and those same players don't care about the other end of the floor. When he made the comment about not wanting to run, he was mostly referring to getting back on defense. He said our transition defense is the number one priority, but still players don't get back.

K

KingMilz

I just listened to the Karl post game interview. When he said we have too many offensive players and not enough defensive players, he was implying that some of the players on the team only care about offense, getting their touches and making shots, and those same players don't care about the other end of the floor. When he made the comment about not wanting to run, he was mostly referring to getting back on defense. He said our transition defense is the number one priority, but still players don't get back.
Our main guys get out hustled every game

Two very clear and very important differences between Malone and Karl as Kings coaches:

1. Karl is most interested in getting the Kings to buy into running up and down the floor while Malone was most interested in getting them to buy in to playing tough defense.
2. Malone got the team to buy in to what he wanted.
Keep in mind that Malone got the team to buy in ... for 15 games ... after two full training camps and one whole season of more bad defense.

K

KingMilz

It's almost comical how much people have turned on DMC.

The grass ain't greener on the other side of this fence, no matter how much you try to convince yourself.
I would have more fun cherring for philly with how hard they play than i do the Kings, making the playoffs with 35 wins is a complete joke and waste of time, with Cousins we essentially tank every year but we dont tank all the way and you don't sniff being a 500. team.

Rudy Gay is about as impactful as past prime John Salmons on winning.

Well of course Cousins hasn't proved anything yet. He showed, that he can be a great offensive weapon and a very good defender. But he will never get credited for it, if his team can't win. I agree with that. I think some of the heat against DMC is fueled by the stupid media crusade against him since he got into the league and the role he has been assigned to since the start of his career, but this is only the way I see it and more sensitive persons won't agree with this.

But how you can get away from this 76ers game and say Cousins is the problem is beyond me.

Yes he had a few bad defensive plays - mainly in the first half. But he stepped up at this end in the second and was making an impact with the help of Acy out there.
Yes Noel did beat him down the floor, but that's what's gonna happen, if you turn the ball over and generally play a 6'11 270 guy versus a much lighter player, whose strength is rim running and finishing lob passes. On the other hand Cousins did a good job pinning Noel early. So I think he was on par with Noel in terms of early offense. The problem is, that we decided to not use his physical advantage as much as possible. He crushed Noel in 2 games last season, just by banging him around. Tonight we never fully commited to this strategy, although what we tried on offense was clearly not working efficiently.
I do think Cousins certainly hans't played great this season so far. But honestly - outside of some brilliant Rondo games and the historic Omri performance last night, he is still the best player of this team.
He deserves some blame, but the current attention he gets overshadows the bigger problems:

1. Perimeter DEFENSE!!!!!
2. transition DEFENSE!!!!!
3. HUSTLE!
4. lack of a wing DEFENDER!!!!
5. live ball turnovers
6. infficient half court offense

K

KingMilz

Well of course Cousins hasn't proved anything yet. He showed, that he can be a great offensive weapon and a very good defender. But he will never get credited for it, if his team can't win. I agree with that. I think some of the heat against DMC is fueled by the stupid media crusade against him since he got into the league and the role he has been assigned to since the start of his career, but this is only the way I see it and more sensitive persons won't agree with this.

But how you can get away from this 76ers game and say Cousins is the problem is beyond me.

Yes he had a few bad defensive plays - mainly in the first half. But he stepped up at this end in the second and was making an impact with the help of Acy out there.
Yes Noel did beat him down the floor, but that's what's gonna happen, if you turn the ball over and generally play a 6'11 270 guy versus a much lighter player, whose strength is rim running and finishing lob passes. On the other hand Cousins did a good job pinning Noel early. So I think he was on par with Noel in terms of early offense. The problem is, that we decided to not use his physical advantage as much as possible. He crushed Noel in 2 games last season, just by banging him around. Tonight we never fully commited to this strategy, although what we tried on offense was clearly not working efficiently.
I do think Cousins certainly hans't played great this season so far. But honestly - outside of some brilliant Rondo games and the historic Omri performance last night, he is still the best player of this team.
He deserves some blame, but the current attention he gets overshadows the bigger problems:

1. Perimeter DEFENSE!!!!!
2. transition DEFENSE!!!!!
3. HUSTLE!
4. lack of a wing DEFENDER!!!!
5. live ball turnovers
6. infficient half court offense
The entire core we are building around including the coach is the problem, but for Rondo, Gay and cuz to get outplayed by Grant/Noel and Smith are you kidding me. Cousins has been owned by Towns/Gortat/Bogut and Noel....and he's the best centre and its not even close (his words).

The 76ers even had Nik in the game for extended periods and we still lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire core we are building around including the coach is the problem, but for Rondo, Gay and cuz to get outplayed by Grant/Noel and Smith are you kidding me.
We disagree on this one and I respectfully disagree, because I understand, that people will start looking at everything with the season playing out the way it has.
But from my point of view each NBA player brings something to the table. Each player has his strengths and weaknesses. There are no scrubs in the NBA and no team you can expect to dominate. The 76ers always play hard. You certainly know that.
But tonight we played right into their strengths.
Noel is a mobile defender, but makes a living on putbacks, lobs and rim runs on offense. DMC has around 40 pounds on him. Of course Noel will beat him up the floor at times. That's what should be expected and it's up to us to cover this weakness by not turning the ball over and play efficiently on offense to allow as few rim runs as possible. We did a horrible job as a team.
With Grant and Smith it's pretty much the same. At some point our broadcasting crew asked, why Smith is available all the time. Well he is, because he is not a very good half court player. He may be the quickest guy in the league, but if you don't let him run, he won't hurt you as much.
When fans, that follow the NBA closely know those type of things - why do we as a team play right into the strengths of the 76ers? Why do we allow open looks for all their good 3 point shooters, while we cover their bad ones out on the perimeter? We have someone to make scouting reports do we?

Now I don't think DMC played well. He was impatient inside, had trouble with his FT's and had a few defensive let downs in the first half. But that doesn't cover my impression, that we didn't use him to our advantage.

Of course we can debate, if it's possible to built a team around a versatile, but groundbounded and pretty slow big guy nowadays, where everyone wants to play fast, wants to play through his guards and wings, wants to shoot 3's and uses the centerposition almost solely for defense, rebounding and dunks.
I did think the attempt to built an uptempo team able to fall back to a very good half court option sounded promising. But so far I have been proven wrong. But I'm not sure, if this is, because it was a bad idea from the start, because we did a poor job establishing it or because the players didn't buy into it.

K

KingMilz

We disagree on this one and I respectfully disagree, because I understand, that people will start looking at everything with the season playing out the way it has.
But from my point of view each NBA player brings something to the table. Each player has his strengths and weaknesses. There are no scrubs in the NBA and no team you can expect to dominate. The 76ers always play hard. You certainly know that.
But tonight we played right into their strengths.
Noel is a mobile defender, but makes a living on putbacks, lobs and rim runs on offense. DMC has around 40 pounds on him. Of course Noel will beat him up the floor at times. That's what should be expected and it's up to us to cover this weakness by not turning the ball over and play efficiently on offense to allow as few rim runs as possible. We did a horrible job as a team.
With Grant and Smith it's pretty much the same. At some point our broadcasting crew asked, why Smith is available all the time. Well he is, because he is not a very good half court player. He may be the quickest guy in the league, but if you don't let him run, he won't hurt you as much.
When fans, that follow the NBA closely know those type of things - why do we as a team play right into the strengths of the 76ers? Why do we allow open looks for all their good 3 point shooters, while we cover their bad ones out on the perimeter? We have someone to make scouting reports do we?

Now I don't think DMC played well. He was impatient inside, had trouble with his FT's and had a few defensive let downs in the first half. But that doesn't cover my impression, that we didn't use him to our advantage.

Of course we can debate, if it's possible to built a team around a versatile, but groundbounded and pretty slow big guy nowadays, where everyone wants to play fast, wants to play through his guards and wings, wants to shoot 3's and uses the centerposition almost solely for defense, rebounding and dunks.
I did think the attempt to built an uptempo team able to fall back to a very good half court option sounded promising. But so far I have been proven wrong. But I'm not sure, if this is, because it was a bad idea from the start, because we did a poor job establishing it or because the players didn't buy into it.
The Kings core is basically what Derrick Williams is as a player, talented lacking in heart and hustle but every 5 games they do enough where you think wow they might get it only for you to realise that was more luck than anything. They always do enough to reel you in but at the end of the day they are a 30 win team with a bit of flash and flair and he's a average bench player who heats up every now and than.

As fans we want guys who wear there hard hats to work and put up the men at work sign not quitters and stat padders. Not boxing out not running back and not competing.....yesh no thanks don't care how talented you are.

The Kings core is basically what Derrick Williams is as a player, talented lacking in heart and hustle but every 5 games they do enough where you think wow they might get it only for you to realise that was more luck than anything. They always do enough to reel you in but at the end of the day they are a 30 win team with a bit of flash and flair and he's a average bench player who heats up every now and than.

As fans we want guys who wear there hard hats to work and put up the men at work sign not quitters and stat padders.
I get that: But I don't agree that Cousins is a quitter and stat padder. I'm very close to give up on Rudy. Rondo makes me want to board a plane, go to a Kings practice and shake him, until he admits, that he has to focus on defensive effort and simple, low risk plays.

K

KingMilz

I couldn't read more than the last couple pages.

It's amazing how ****ing rock-dumb a lot of Kings fans are. Best fans in the league my f**king ass, they have a loyal superstar who is being misused and want to trade him. Idiocy knows no bounds.
Curry, Lebron and Durrant don't play here so we have no superstar

gunks

Hall of Famer
If we lose I'm done with the Kings.

Not that I'm expecting a loss or anything. But you never know with our lovable gang of goofs.
Well, nice knowing y'all!

I'll be back when we're in the playoffs or have a new owner. So. ... see you guys in 2 to 10 years!

(Or after a 3 game win streak, or after we beat the Lakers on the 7th. I'm still super peeved though!)

Last edited:
>cousins is practicing playing like a guard too much
>therefore post game begins to stink
>tries to rely on dribble drive
>loses ball while driving
>rudy trying to use speed advantage against 4s
>one footed off balance shots baby
>never has opportunity to use "the extension" especially in post up situations against smaller 3s
>we need someone taller than rudy that can shoot even mid range (take into account wingspan)
>rondo making it hard to make post entry pass
>pass out of double team in post to rondo
>nothing happens
>therefore our only good options become the rondo pick and roll and the belinelli turnaround jumper
>does not play to our strengths at all
>2 point guards in at once
>switches for days
>opponents posts us up for days
>even double team guys that suck at posting up
>open 3 for days

Last edited:
>cousins is practicing playing like a guard too much
>therefore post game begins to stink
>tries to rely on dribble drive
>loses ball while driving
>rudy trying to use speed advantage against 4s
>one footed off balance shots baby
>never has opportunity to use "the extension" especially in post up situations against smaller 3s
>we need someone taller than rudy that can shoot even mid range (take into account wingspan)
>rondo making it hard to make post entry pass
>pass out of double team in post to rondo
>nothing happens
>therefore our only good options become the rondo pick and roll and the belinelli turnaround jumper
>does not play to our strengths at all
>2 point guards in at once
>switches for days
>opponents posts us up for days
>even double team guys that suck at posting up
>open 3 for days
You will be better off if you log off 4chan and never visit it again. Regardless of the validity of certain points.

Don't worry, I never go there. I go to reddit and come across imgur links to 4chan posts
Reddit is good, unless you take r/nba seriously. That sub is good for seeing highlights, but in terms of analysis, only marginally better than the likes of ESPN, which isn't hard.

Thank god you're not a 4channer (or whatever you would call them) though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I get that: But I don't agree that Cousins is a quitter and stat padder. I'm very close to give up on Rudy. Rondo makes me want to board a plane, go to a Kings practice and shake him, until he admits, that he has to focus on defensive effort and simple, low risk plays.
To highlight what you said, team points allowed per 100 possessions, with Rondo on the floor is 109.5. Points allowed per 100 possessions with Rondo off the floor is 102.9. That's almost a 7 point difference. So one could argue that he more than makes up for it on the offensive side of the ball. Well, a little bit, but not as much as one would think. Points scored per 100 possessions with Rondo on the floor is 105.1. Points scored per 100 possessions with Rondo off the floor is 104.8. Not even a whole point difference. Sometimes what were seeing can be an illusion. Now I realize that these stats aren't a perfect indicator, but they do reflect a general pattern or outcome. Dispite what we think were seeing, just how important is Rondo to winning? We know he can because he has a ring on his finger. So is it him, the players he playing with, or both, in this particular situation?