[Game] Kings vs. 76ers 10PM ET 7PM PT

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Why are you so obsessed with this magical 8th spot? Even IF we somehow pull our heads out of our asses and get the 8th spot, we are going to get annihilated by the Warriors. We aren't even close to being ready to complete in the playoffs. We have major problems that need to be addressed.
Because we haven;t been there for 10 years.

Its important for this franchise. it reestablishes us as respectable. That's critical. We've operated so low for so long its become an impediment in itself.

If we'd made #8 2 years ago it wouldn't matter nearly as much. But after a decade we need a breakthrough, even a minor one, to release pressure and return to the land of the living, competing franchises.

I

Im Still Ballin

Karl deserves better than this. Cousins deserves better than this. But mainly Karl because he has tenure, success and reputation.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, here's a good one:

James Ham ‏@James_Ham 6m6 minutes ago
"We've played 30 games and all of the sudden it's like a tug-of-war to get you to you to commit to running." -Karl on his team
Two very clear and very important differences between Malone and Karl as Kings coaches:

1. Karl is most interested in getting the Kings to buy into running up and down the floor while Malone was most interested in getting them to buy in to playing tough defense.
2. Malone got the team to buy in to what he wanted.

Because we haven;t been there for 10 years.

Its important for this franchise. it reestablishes us as respectable. That's critical. We've operated so low for so long its become an impediment in itself.

If we'd made #8 2 years ago it wouldn't matter nearly as much. But after a decade we need a breakthrough, even a minor one, to release pressure and return to the land of the living, competing franchises.
There is nothing respectful about making the playoffs with 33-37 wins. We would be the laughing stock of the league. Just look at the NFC South last year.

I think we may need a reset.
Starting to get there too. Which sucks, because I know the second we trade Cousins, he's going to kill it. But it's been 6 years now and for whatever reason you want to pick, it hasn't worked out. How long do you wait? What's even the solution now to putting a winner around Cousins? Mainly the organization's fault, but some blame has to be put on him too. You can talk about Karl's faults all you want (which there are plenty), but this roster is a clunky fit around his talents. Rudy-Rondo-Cuz is too much ball-dominance. Cuz-Koufos has been bad in the post. WCS-Cuz looked good, but we still really haven't seen enough of it to really know. DC forgot how to play off-ball and has been a horrid fit with Rondo. Ben gets left with the scraps. There's no strong wing defender.

I just don't know what solution is.

Bricklayer

Noel got whatever the hell he wanted out there. Cousins also had 5 turnovers.
Sigh. People again don't know how to watch that.

Noel got whatever he wanted because Cousins had to guard two men everytime Smith blew past our perimeter people. Cuz steps up, Noel moves to the hoop, easy dunk.

That's not primarily on your big man. Either a) your perimeter guys have to keep penetration to a minimum, or b) there has to be backside rotation to keep the big man's guy from the easy catch when he steps up.

That's the first quote that would support questions about the team tuning out Karl.

The meetings Rondo & Cousins are having with Karl has been to talk about not running as much. But Karl is still insisting for the most part.

What does Karl expect from his players, who knows the offense is not working but have to keep running it.

I want Cousins, Rudy, Rondo traded for young pieces/picks. Build around WCS/Ben/ talent we would get back. Collison, Casspi, Koufos, Bellinelli as your vets to mentor the young players. Karl can stay to finish out his contract if he wants while we look for the next coach of the next era. Get guys with high character, team players.

But being realistic and reading Karls quotes, he knows he may have coached his last game.

Sigh. People again don't know how to watch that.

Noel got whatever he wanted because Cousins had to guard two men everytime Smith blew past our perimeter people. Cuz steps up, Noel moves to the hoop, easy dunk.

That's not primarily on your big man. Either a) your perimeter guys have to keep penetration to a minimum, or b) there has to be backside rotation to keep the big man's guy from the easy catch when he steps up.
Same thing that made GORTAT look like a beast when we played them. Rondo with the matador defense equals easy assist for wall and bucket for Gortat

Why are you so obsessed with this magical 8th spot? Even IF we somehow pull our heads out of our asses and get the 8th spot, we are going to get annihilated by the Warriors. We aren't even close to being ready to complete in the playoffs. We have major problems that need to be addressed.
because even though we hate them tonight, we want the team to be successful. getting into the playoffs is the next step we need to take. we have a core. you might not like it or think it is good enough. but getting some success added to another year of chemistry can work wonders. plus we have one of the longest playoff droughts in the nba and i would like to end it.

Karl is a HOF coach from the last era. It's tough to get the old dog to adopt to the new world, no matter how hard they try. Things that are embedded in their heads that work aren't the same thing anymore but they are always the last one to realize. It's like Scorsese, you know he's one of the greatest filmmakers but his new movies are still using the old formula he thinks is (and it was) cool, but it is not so much anymore.

Bricklayer

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 3m3 minutes ago
Karl on his team running/being tired: “That’s crazy. Every team in this league runs. Our first priority in training camp was transition.”

NBA Pace Leaders

1) Sacramento
2) Golden State
3) Phoenix
4) Boston
5) Washington
6) Phoenix
7) Philadelphia

Apart from nobody forcing the issue as much as Karl's crew, not a whole bunch of success to justify "pace" as the answer to everything.