[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - 2/12/13

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Start of a killer road trip. Let's see how much of the momentum of the past two games can carry over. I'm not expecting miracles but it would be nice to see passing, spacing and teamwork still a part of the plan.

Make sure you read the thread about HereWeBuy2, set for March 24 when the Kings face the 76ers. Looks like this one is well on the way to selling out pretty quickly.

GO KINGS!!!

And don't forget. If you can make a donation to Crown Downtown, you'll be helping to defer the costs they're incurring in doing their best to Keep the Kings in Sacramento. T-shirts are just the tip of the iceberg. Imagine how incredible it would be to see a sea of white "Crown Downtown" t-shirts at HWB2.

Memphis isnt playing as good as they were last time we played them, lets see if the Kings can play with the same intensity they played with the last 2 games in front of large Sac crowds

Despite two good games the Kings have been playing...this is going to be a blowout in my opinion. We just don't play well in Memphis and I can't remember the last time the Kings have won in that arena. They will stifle us with their defense and we will revert back to hero ball.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
IT is getting rave notices for his play but at the same time Tyreke doesn't get to touch the ball. Is that good? It's kind of funny that in the last game Reke had very few points and was only given 24 minutes to play yet was part of the two headed monster, Reke and Cuz, that got the passing game going early in the game thus avoiding the type of basketball people have been complaining about. We'll see tonight what happens.

I have very few complaints about IT but if IT is on a team, a guy like Tyreke has no role. He can't get the ball from IT or predict where IT will end up in his wild dribbling exercise. All Tyreke can do is stay out of IT's way. That's a waste of talent especially now that Tyreke has a much better outside shot.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
IT is getting rave notices for his play but at the same time Tyreke doesn't get to touch the ball. Is that good? It's kind of funny that in the last game Reke had very few points and was only given 24 minutes to play yet was part of the two headed monster, Reke and Cuz, that got the passing game going early in the game thus avoiding the type of basketball people have been complaining about. We'll see tonight what happens.

I have very few complaints about IT but if IT is on a team, a guy like Tyreke has no role. He can't get the ball from IT or predict where IT will end up in his wild dribbling exercise. All Tyreke can do is stay out of IT's way. That's a waste of talent especially now that Tyreke has a much better outside shot.
Outside of the last two games and Miami, IT hasn't been that good, and that's the issue. He's not good enough to take the ball out of Reke's hands every game because he won't pick up that slack every game. It's few and far between where you get a reward for IT's domination. Every once in awhile though he'll get hot and some will act like that supports the longterm strategy of him getting the ball and more shots than Reke.

Even tonight thus far, Reke is 3-3, yet IT still hasn't hit him with a pass in the half court. Everything has been transition.

Wow. Memphis's brand spanking new arena is dead.
They have been trying hard to fill it too. My friend works for them taking pictures of the sponsors + fans in the arena to try and show they are getting good exposure... looks like he might have trouble doing that tonight.

Yeah I agree with this, when IT's on the floor, play kind of just turns into him running around while Cuz and JT sets picks for him, I don't blame this on IT, that's more the coach, but it just makes Reke and Salmons camp around the perimeter, while good for Salmons, it takes away Reke's skills by turning him into a set shooter, his jumper is getting better especially his set shot, but I don't want him having to settle for that, I want him to attack.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Our two best players are playing like the best players tonight. The Fish and IT need to do a better job of getting them looks.

IT made that shot but it really was a bad play by him to take it. We get nice movement from a penetrating Tyreke to dish it out to Salmons, to hit an open IT who procedes to dribble around and play 1 on 1 vs Prince. Take the open shot IT or move the ball please.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
That's kind of the completion of a point my aging mind was trying to make. IT can get it into his head that he is "the man" while Tyreke and Cuz get ignored. The "MEN" are Tyreke and Boogie and IT will not change that. Looks like this game is Tyreke's way of reminding people that he is still a great player.

That's kind of the completion of a point my aging mind was trying to make. IT can get it into his head that he is "the man" while Tyreke and Cuz get ignored. The "MEN" are Tyreke and Boogie and IT will not change that. Looks like this game is Tyreke's way of reminding people that he is still a great player.
I am a bit scared though. I remember one game Tyreke was like 5-6 with a few assists and rebounds but then found the bench for a very long time. Anyone remember what game that was?