[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies, 1/3 @5pm

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
No Cousins starting, for those who may not have heard. Going with the same lineup as last game.
Reke
Thornton
Salmons
Hayes
Hickson

Grizzlies are battling injuries. Randolph and Conley are both reported out for this game. Expected lineup for Memphis is
Smith
Allen
Gay
Cunningham
Gasol

Gay could be a handful, especially with a smaller, less athletic Salmons guarding him. Could be the key to the game.

Of note, from Napears twitter:
DMC first King on floor. Don't recall seeing that before. He and Hickson came over before bus left hotel. DMC working with Bobby Jackson twitter

Let's get a win! .500 here we come.

No Cousins starting, for those who may not have heard. Going with the same lineup as last game.
Reke
Thornton
Salmons
Hayes
Hickson

Grizzlies are battling injuries. Randolph and Conley are both reported out for this game. Expected lineup for Memphis is
Smith
Allen
Gay
Cunningham
Gasol

Gay could be a handful, especially with a smaller, less athletic Salmons guarding him. Could be the key to the game.

Of note, from Napears twitter:
DMC first King on floor. Don't recall seeing that before. He and Hickson came over before bus left hotel. DMC working with Bobby Jackson twitter

Let's get a win! .500 here we come.
Christ, I hate Peaches. Biggest tool in the Kings organization. I guarantee he already "knows" who's at fault. To him PW poops gold.

Now that I've got that off my chest...

Good to hear Bobby J is doing some work with him, and that he's taking the initiative. Haha I would ROFLMAO if he put up a monster game tonight.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I will say it's quite funny listening to Napear rip one NFL team after another, one NFL player after another, yet never says a single negative things about the Kings. Pretty much the definition of bias. He blasts NFL coaches and GM's all the time. Doing it right now. Yet apparently, he finds no fault in anything our organization has done.

I will say it's quite funny listening to Napear rip one NFL team after another, one NFL player after another, yet never says a single negative things about the Kings. Pretty much the definition of bias. He blasts NFL coaches and GM's all the time. Doing it right now. Yet apparently, he finds no fault in anything our organization has done.
Gotta pay the bills.

Exactly and just another reason he's been Kings TV announcer and local sports radio host WAY too long. You'd think the Kings were the New York Kings!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is a winnable game with the Kings killer Zach Randolph out. Mike Conley also out helps because he is quick and penetrates the ball really well. Cousins should be starting, he served his one game absence. Gay is going to go off so we just have to make sure we contain everyone else and we can pull a road win out. I expect Tyreke to score under 12 in this one, Tony Allen is going to lock Reke down.

Thornton will be key as well as our outside in bigs.

Reke will be less effective but hes going to do allrite.

Keep the faith

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'll disagree with this to an extent. He has stated over and over that the Kings are not as talented as many other teams in the league. He does call out players for stupid things they do. He calls out bad plays or errors.

But you are right about his lack of criticism of the organization itself. Those comments are VERY few and far between.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Don't NBA teams if not all pro teams have the right to approve of announcers? If true, this doesn't allow the announcer to be unbiased.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'll disagree with this to an extent. He has stated over and over that the Kings are not as talented as many other teams in the league. He does call out players for stupid things they do. He calls out bad plays or errors.

But you are right about his lack of criticism of the organization itself. Those comments are VERY few and far between.
Yeah, I exaggerated a little bit, but am not much imo. Even his criticisms seem heavily sugarcoated when compared to criticisms of other players/teams.

He never really said a bad word about Kev until he was traded, and since has bashed him every chance he's gotten. Why not even hint at that when he's here? Every time we trade a player away, it's always a good trade in his mind, and never fails to point out all the weaknesses of that player. Problem is, he never talks about those same weaknesses when that player wears our uniform. Happened with Beno recently. Happened with Casspi. Painted a different picture of both after they had been traded.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Why are these announcers implying Hickson/hayes is our normal frontline? Do they not realize Cousins is usually starting unless it's that time of the month for Westy?

I can't stand that Yellow Cab "Mole" commercial. Its one of the worst pieces of advertising i've ever seen. To think someone got paid to create that atrocity is disheartening.