Key to beating Seattle

Only recently I learned what it will take the Kings to win. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon these ancient posters. Most of the text is written in a language now forgotten, but notice that the most important message that the authors felt they needed to pass onto generations is actually in english!

stoyak said:
Only recently I learned what it will take the Kings to win. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon these ancient posters. Most of the text is written in a language now forgotten, but notice that the most important message that the authors felt they needed to pass onto generations is actually in english!
Russian is a forgotten language now? I guess you haven't hung around Rancho Cordova lately.

For about a year I live in northern Florida, and before I spent 6 years in Baltimore. So yes, I haven't hung around Rancho Cordova lately :)

stoyak said:
For about a year I live in northern Florida, and before I spent 6 years in Baltimore. So yes, I haven't hung around Rancho Cordova lately :)
Sorry, that's a local Sacramento area reference. Rancho Cordova has many Russian immigrants, one family rents a house from my Dad.

The second poster is actually russian classic from around 1917, if there are any russian fans on this board I am sure they will appreciate it :) The russian text can be roughly translated as "Have you volunteered ?" The fist poster has a hilarious text (just below STOP FINLEY!) but my english is not good enough to adequately translate it. Any volunteers ? :)

I remember back in the day when the Kings finally made the playoffs with Mitch, Michael "the animal" Smith, BrianGrant? not sure. But the Bee made some "Rattle Seattle" cards in the paper. We took a game in Seattle and then one here at home and I think forced a game five. Best of five back then. Mitch twisted his ankle I think and of course we lost the series, but hey, RATTLE SEATTLE!!

Hi,
Sorry for the OT: but does anyone know how to get tickets for tuesday's game at key arena... Ray Allen34??? Anyone??? I am a kings fan and have moved to seattle (2 years ago) and would like to go to a playoff game if it is still available. PM or email me for details. TIA

-Thomas
GO KINGS

Good Posters! :)

Volunteering to fight in the Soviet army? Hard to believe, but I guess a lot of Russians did. :confused:

I think West Sacramento is actually Little Russia. The other town is Rancho Cambodia.

Finley is truly a "World Problem."

Went to the Sonics site. There's a post in the ESPN Insider thread that really punks Kings fans. I'm thinking, "Who the heck are you talking about?"

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
piksi said:
this thread is featured on http://www.sonicscentral.com/

BTW - the site sucks
Think they're just getting started or something. In any case I'm sure that Sonics boards have been coming off a few lean years here recently, so its good for them just to have this series and build a little enthuisiasm. I'm hardly going to begrudge them that (that montana buffoon over there aside) -- we've been lucky here to have a great fanbase and be of the league's elite teams for years and ears. That's not the situation for fans of every team.

And let's not be too hard on them. They were very complimentary to King's fans & their websites. :)

General comment: "My brief note: The Kings seem to have the most internet-savvy fans of any team. The overall quality of Kings sites/message boards is remarkably impressive to me."

About Kingsfans.com: "KingsFans: Basically just a message board, but very active and intelligent. Kings fans, for the most part, know their hoops.

Step back and compare these come-lately Sonics fans with the hordes of rude Laker and Mavericks fans that have plagued KingsFans.com in the past. So far, the Sonics people have been very reasonable and articulate.

Anyone notice that the annual plague of Laker fans has dissapated substantially this year? I guess it's just another positive aspect of a great team descending into the ranks of common lottery losers. Laker fans are a lot like locusts, only they are immune to flocks of hungry seagulls.

piksi said:
this thread is featured on http://www.sonicscentral.com/

BTW - the site sucks
The one cool thing about the site is the sticky thread showing the best message board sites for each team and a description of each. I always liked to check out RealGms team sites to get an idea of what the opposition is saying but sometimes they would suck. It would be cool to have that kind of a permanant but updateable thread in here instead of having to search for a good site for our opponents everytime. BTW we(Kingsfans.com) are routinely bashed and quoted on www.phxsuns.net, maybe thats why I hate the Suns so much this year... Sonics fans seem pretty cool. I wonder how many games into the series that will last??

Last edited:
Kings fans get bashed on a lot of other fan team sites. Mavs are really bad, too. I've seen Kings fans called rude, arrogant and stupid idiots who know nothing about the game, not to mention things not fit for decent company. Also said we were as bad as Lakers fan (not even!). I guess its perspective. What I found funny about Mavs fans, is that they were accusing Kings fans of exactly the behavior they were exhibiting in their posts. (*Shock*gasp!*:rolleyes: )

KP said:
The one cool thing about the site is the sticky thread showing the best message board sites for each team and a description of each. I always liked to check out RealGms team sites to get an idea of what the opposition is saying but sometimes they would suck. It would be cool to have that kind of a permanant but updateable thread in here instead of having to search for a good site for our opponents everytime. BTW we(Kingsfans.com) are routinely bashed and quoted on www.phxsuns.net, maybe thats why I hate the Suns so much this year... Sonics fans seem pretty cool. I wonder how many games into the series that will last??
Just check out forum madness on the bleachermob site. It has almost all of the forums on the internet that deal with basketball.

The thing about this matchup is that I can't draw too much from the regular season. The first 3 games were during the first half of the season and that was a totally different Kings team. The last matchup was against a beat up Sonics team. I think this current Kings team is better built to play against the Sonics than the old Kings.

Will be here win or lose

No matter what happens in the playoffs I'm proud of our guys the way they have proved everyone wrong and battled through all the problems from injures to player contract talks to playing time....As a fan though having homecourt makes me believe we will win the series.

well to be honest I don't know why I care about much homecourt we had the 3rd best road record this season. Only phoenix and Dallas had better records on the road this year. We can win anywhere.

stoyak

stoyak] [/QUOTE]

nice pictures u got there ,fit right for today and the rest of playoff season

EDITED by VF21 - English only, folks...

Last edited by a moderator:
stoyak said:
The second poster is actually russian classic from around 1917, if there are any russian fans on this board I am sure they will appreciate it :) The russian text can be roughly translated as "Have you volunteered ?" The fist poster has a hilarious text (just below STOP FINLEY!) but my english is not good enough to adequately translate it. Any volunteers ? :)

first poster is about 1942-1945 it was drawn in lenningrad in WW2 era when the city was under 3 years seage by nacis . second is 1919-1924 the first civil war in russia the meaning of second is are u voulontered for red army..
meaning of first islook around otherway nacis will toast u :D

Bibby will take luke to school , the question is about our front line vs theirs. We have to have a rebounding edge to win this series w/o a doubt . We need peja and bibby to set the tone on offense along with cat and bjax .

It's mental!

I think that so much of this game is mental. If we had stolen this game away from Seattle tonight, the series would have been ours. Just like the A's - Dodgers in 1988 (yes I'm that old) - the A's led the whole first game and lost on that freaky Kirk Gibson home run off Eck, and they never recovered from the shock.

We still can win - but this was a great opportunity wasted. Yes, we have to do the physical things, but we have to play the mental game too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think you're right about the game being mental, Pejasdabomb, but I think you're wrong about a great opportunity wasted.

The Sonics saw Mike Bibby play the worst game of his professional career, with very little from Bobby, limited minutes from Brad and not much from Thomas or House. And what else did they see? They almost saw themselves lose. If anything, I think the message from tonight for the Sonics was a lot scarier than that for the Kings. After all, we know we can do a LOT better and if we do, the Sonics are toast.

VF21 said:
I think you're right about the game being mental, Pejasdabomb, but I think you're wrong about a great opportunity wasted.

The Sonics saw Mike Bibby play the worst game of his professional career, with very little from Bobby, limited minutes from Brad and not much from Thomas or House. And what else did they see? They almost saw themselves lose. If anything, I think the message from tonight for the Sonics was a lot scarier than that for the Kings. After all, we know we can do a LOT better and if we do, the Sonics are toast.

couldn't have said it better myself!