[Game] Shriek-ramento Kings @ Charlotte Horror-nets 10/31/2022 4pm Western, 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refs still targeting Sabonis for every small infraction they can.

Hope Fox is OK. Nice to see us come together without him but we aren't going anywhere if he misses extended time. Dude on the board recently calling for him to be hurt makes this all the worse.

Glad Lyles is still showing his level of contribution, I am a fan and believe he is a long term piece.

Happy for Davion beginning his breakout of a slump.

Barnes hit them FTs and keep being aggressive and it will work out.

Keegan with an off shooting night but still finding ways to contribute is Slim Duncan status.

Apparently we unleashed the please homie don't Huerter, cuz wtf was Atl doing wrong with that guy? The hell man, red velvet isn't even smooth enough for homie. Dude is like vanilla cake batter, smooth and sweet and ready to rise up when the heat is on.

Davion's 3 point percentage on the season jumped from .167 to .389 tonight

Get the feeling he's gonna be (continue to be?) one of the more polarizing players on this roster

But man seeing him close out the game on both ends of the court was a thing of beauty
If he plays even 3/4 of tonight offensively I doubt it.

Refs still targeting Sabonis for every small infraction they can.

Dude on the board recently calling for him to be hurt makes this all the worse.
HAHAHAHAHHA seriously? Did you actually read my reply? Well you must have because you replied to it, but then after replying to it you come here and lie?

In case you had trouble reading my previous post, which it looks like because you just spewed the same nonsense lie here, then I will post it again.

"I did not hope for an injury. Give me a break dude. :rolleyes: I just think that Fox has had an injury problem and it's stupid to build a team around someone who has injury problems."

You good now? You going to stop lying DUDE? Because it's kind of a cruddy thing to do when you were told already what I meant and then responded to the post.

EDIT: If you need to clear anything else up or if you didn't understand even after this post then send me a PM. There is no real reason to argue here. Cool?

Last edited:
Whew, ok I’m glad it’s not too serious. And stop that! Lol Fox has been really great so far IMO. So much more poised
No doubt, I'm saying without him the Kings don't really have anyone that can do what he does so their team scheme of finding screeners and cutters better start firing on all cylinders.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Ask and you shall receive. I asked for a lot better shooting Mitchell, and voila!, I got it. He looked great out there. It looked like Brown or some other coach gave him the confidence to jack up shots and not think about it so much. He quickly and confidently shot the ball. I hope this game gets him over the hump and we continue to see confident Mitchell out there.

The first half was frustrating and disappointing because of the lazy effort. I thought Fox didn't come out with the concentration, effort and fire needed against one of the lesser teams. He still seems to have a bad habit of playing down to his competition. Hopefully, Fox's injury is not serious and he will be back soon. The second half was a joy to watch - gritty, tough, and competitive. There's a team you feel proud to route for.

We have yet to see the elite performance that Sabonis is capable of, in part because he and the refs haven't really come to an agreement on what he can and cannot do. It's hard enough playing the game, but playing against the other team and the refs is extremely difficult. Hopefully, this issue can be resolved very soon.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
And he's lost confidence in the shot, so he's passing up 3's he'd normally be firing and driving into traffic. At least the FT problem looked better tonight 8-8, including the clutch FT's at the end of the game to ice it.

Huerter and Keegan have been carrying the spacing by themselves, but we're going to need Barnes/Monk/Davion (great start for him)/T.Davis/Lyles to start coming along too. Regression is coming for Huerter, he's not going to keep hitting 60% from 3 every game.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:D

Man, if Barnes can get out of his shooting funk, the spacing we have would be pretty crazy. Fox has also been getting more spot up/catch and shoot threes, something he is good at. Just need to figure out why the refs hate Sabonis so much.

The last 10 years, we lose this game by 25 pts with how we played and 1 star going down and the other one riding the bench all night. Well coached and key contributions feom "next guys up"
Just saw this stat:

Since moving to SAC, the KINGS were 12-296 when trailing by 15+ at half and had lost 24 consecutive such games.

So much for history and streaks……

Sabonis was killing the heat. I’m still mad the refs took him outta that rhythm. Hopefully whatever new trainers we have can help Fox out. In the Walton era, we had guys missing weeks on end for what seemed to be minor injuries.

You think Cam Johnson doesn't have shooting slumps?

The biggest problem w/HB offensively right now isn't that he's in a shooting slump. The biggest problem is that he's been passing up open looks. Opponents won't slack off him at the 3-ppt line because he's slumping - they know he's a very good shooter and that, like all good shooters, he can get over his slump in an instant. But they might start sagging off him if he keeps passing up open looks. And THAT would pose a problem for the rest of the guys.

Tonight he passed up an open corner 3 to feed Davion for an open but longer 3. Davion hit it. Maybe an acceptable play since Davion had already hit a 3 at that point and HB wanted to stoke his confidence. But, as a rule, HB-corner-3 >>>> Davion longer-3 pretty much every time.
Everybody has off nights shooting the ball. Nobody is saying that doesn’t happen. However, shooting 11% from 3 over 6 games is pretty darn bad. Looking at Cam Johnson’s game logs, he never shot that poorly in a 6 game stretch the entirety of last year.

Barnes has had a horrible start shooting the ball especially by his standards as someone who’s consistently been a 38%-40% 3PT shooter for his career.

Everybody has off nights shooting the ball. Nobody is saying that doesn’t happen. However, shooting 11% from 3 over 6 games is pretty darn bad. Looking at Cam Johnson’s game logs, he never shot that poorly in a 6 game stretch the entirety of last year.

Barnes has had a horrible start shooting the ball especially by his standards as someone who’s consistently been a 38%-40% 3PT shooter for his career.
My suspicion is he is playing with an injury. He isnt as crisp as usual. His shot is also flatter. I dont think it will last. Also good to see that just because the outside shot is not falling, doesnt eliminate him from being an offensive threat. I think people forget just how strong this dude is. He straight up can out muscles and out position people on drives and in the paint. He is extremely crafty. It shows his IQ that he knows how to bring other parts of what is a pretty solid overall offensive repertoire to bare.

Good point last night BTW by Mark Jones that at the end (after sabonis fouled out), Mike brown had only high IQ players out there, rather than going with Len or Holmes.

Mitchell
Huerter/Delly (flipping)
Murray
Barnes
Lyles

I'm not a fan of white people with dreads but I certainly feel like if you make it as a pro athlete and get that FU money you are entitled to all the goofy hairstyles and face tattoos your heart desires.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I’ll continue to say that Queta may be the backup piece we are looking for. I think he’s a good passer, had the shot blocker reputation in college but not sure he’s demonstrated in the pros but he’s also got to play more to show he can do that, has shown the ability to knock down the 3, moves his feet on D and is a big body. I believe if given the chance, he can show what he’s capable of. I also think he’s going to foul a lot but if he’s not given time, he’s not going to learn.

What I’m hoping is that Holmes and Len are being given their shots to either show up or get replaced. I think Holmes has been given enough rope to be replaced.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I’ll continue to say that Queta may be the backup piece we are looking for. I think he’s a good passer, had the shot blocker reputation in college but not sure he’s demonstrated in the pros but he’s also got to play more to show he can do that, has shown the ability to knock down the 3, moves his feet on D and is a big body. I believe if given the chance, he can show what he’s capable of. I also think he’s going to foul a lot but if he’s not given time, he’s not going to learn.

What I’m hoping is that Holmes and Len are being given their shots to either show up or get replaced. I think Holmes has been given enough rope to be replaced.
Queta can't rebound; doesn't react to the ball very well. If he gets one rebound every four minutes it's a surprise. I think our backup center is probably playing for another team right now.

Queta can't rebound; doesn't react to the ball very well. If he gets one rebound every four minutes it's a surprise. I think our backup center is probably playing for another team right now.
Youre missing the point here, were not 30th in RPG allowed, but we are 30th in FG% allowed and 27th in BPG, and i believe a 7ft 250lbs shot blocker might help those numbers a bit.

Youre missing the point here, were not 30th in RPG allowed, but we are 30th in FG% allowed and 27th in BPG, and i believe a 7ft 250lbs shot blocker might help those numbers a bit.
he’s not even that bad if a rebounder, he averaged 8 in 27 min in the league, which is 10 per 36. But he also brings 2.5 blocks per game as well 21 points with 60% shooting. Yeah, he fouls a lot, and makes mistakes, but he brings a lot of things that we need.

I rewatched the game last night and the rest this morning. I was definitely too hard on Keegan’s defense. He had a couple of bad plays but played solid overall . Good to know that’s probably his floor

I trust Brown that Queta isn't ready.

I really like watching Queta as well and he's going to get a highlight block or two and hit a random three and blow by a good defensive center for a finish at the rim that you wouldn't think he was capable of......but.....in between all that he is going to get lost on offense and defense multiple times and more than likely cost the team more than he's going to give.

I'd like to see him get some spot minutes here and there but I highly doubt he's going to come in and change the tone defensively. I have enough trust in Brown at this point that he probably isn't playing him for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.