Key to beating Seattle

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
I think you're right about the game being mental, Pejasdabomb, but I think you're wrong about a great opportunity wasted.

The Sonics saw Mike Bibby play the worst game of his professional career, with very little from Bobby, limited minutes from Brad and not much from Thomas or House. And what else did they see? They almost saw themselves lose. If anything, I think the message from tonight for the Sonics was a lot scarier than that for the Kings. After all, we know we can do a LOT better and if we do, the Sonics are toast.
All true, but the Sonics also got nothing out of Ridnour, Radmonovic, Fortson, Collison, foul trouble limited Lewis' minutes etc. and still pulled it out. So they have to feel like there is plenty of room for improvement from their own side too. Should be an interesting series.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
N.U.F.A.N. said:
I dont think Tag and Brad in at the same time is a good idea either...
?

Seemed like a pretty good one tonight. Against teams with mobile PFs with outside shots, maybe not. But the Sonics just try to pound you into dust with their bashers, so the bigger/stronger your frontline, the better you match up.

VF21 said:
I think you're right about the game being mental, Pejasdabomb, but I think you're wrong about a great opportunity wasted.

The Sonics saw Mike Bibby play the worst game of his professional career, with very little from Bobby, limited minutes from Brad and not much from Thomas or House. And what else did they see? They almost saw themselves lose. If anything, I think the message from tonight for the Sonics was a lot scarier than that for the Kings. After all, we know we can do a LOT better and if we do, the Sonics are toast.
While Luke, Vlad and Fortson gave us completely nothing. We can play alot better than we did last night. Just because it was close with Bibby playing badly doesn't mean the Kings have some kind of advantage heading into the ret of the series.

I'm with Brick on this....

N.U.F.A.N. said:
Defensive rebounds.... thats another thing that really killed us tonight. I dont think Tag and Brad in at the same time is a good idea either...
I'm with Brick on this one..... Using Tag and Brad together completely reversed the rebound edge the Sonics had mainatained the whole game. I kept waiting for them to put their big guys back in, but they waited until Brad sat down. Tag still did a great job in the 4th.

My vote would be for Tag to start Game 2 and relieve him with Brad. I think Skinner is hurt more than they've let on. Obviously, he also is no physical match for JJ. Brad should start game 3.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ray Allen34 said:
While Luke, Vlad and Fortson gave us completely nothing. We can play alot better than we did last night. Just because it was close with Bibby playing badly doesn't mean the Kings have some kind of advantage heading into the ret of the series.
It wasn't just Bibby.

And I've already told you I'm not going to argue about this series with a Sonics fan. I come here, quite frankly, to talk about my team with other Kings fans. I respect you but I am not going to engage in arguments about our respective teams any more than I would argue with some of our resident Laker fans about their teams.

As far as I'm concerned, my KINGS do have an advantage heading into the rest of the series.

Homer approach? Perhaps, but I'm a Kings homer...