Is our log jam at the guard positions going to be fixed this offseason?

Our log jam at the guard positions is a problem when it comes to rotations and the young players' development.

Guards

Isaiah Thomas
Jimmer Fredette
Marcus Thornton (PG/SG)
Tyreke Evans (PG/SG/not an SF)
Salmons (SG/ tweener SF)
Cisco (SG/tweener SF)

I know it has been mentioned a lot but we really need to unload some of our guards and turn them into starting-quality SF. Is this even happening this offseason? Or is it really a lost cause to expect some reasonable/good/great moves from our front-office/ownership?

Our log jam at the guard positions is a problem when it comes to rotations and the young players' development.

Guards

Isaiah Thomas
Jimmer Fredette
Marcus Thornton (PG/SG)
Tyreke Evans (PG/SG/not an SF)
Salmons (SG/ tweener SF)
Cisco (SG/tweener SF)

I know it has been mentioned a lot but we really need to unload some of our guards and turn them into starting-quality SF. Is this even happening this offseason? Or is it really a lost cause to expect some reasonable/good/great moves from our front-office/ownership?
Teams have to have a min 13 players on the roster. Before last year it was 12 and normally its 5 guards, 5 forwards and 2 centers. Now you can add that 13th guy anywhere. So basically anywhere you add players your going to have "too many".

Teams have to have a min 13 players on the roster. Before last year it was 12 and normally its 5 guards, 5 forwards and 2 centers. Now you can add that 13th guy anywhere. So basically anywhere you add players your going to have "too many".
I don't think the issue is "too many" as much as it is PT and the amount each of those are getting paid. I mean right away you have Reke/MT/IT and the minutes that those 3 rightfully need. Then you have the guy you've invested alot into getting - Jimmer, who as a lottery pick, needs rightful development. Then of course the overpaid, bad contracts in Cisco and Salmons who could either be spot-minute contributors or mirror Kenny Thomas in Big Contract/Zero Minutes. At least one, IMO, needs to be moved. If none of them are moved by the time the season begins, it will be disappointing. (Unless however we have moved Outlaw and/or Hayes' contracts by then :p )

Garcia has to go. No need for him on this team, he has an expiring contract and we should try to move him to a team looking to cut salary.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Garcia has to go. No need for him on this team, he has an expiring contract and we should try to move him to a team looking to cut salary.

that team would be us ;)

And as I've mentioned before, he actually has a use as THE veteran glue guy leader for al the kids. He took Reke in, took Cuz in, took Omri in under his wing. Chemsitry is important

He has also been with us from his first day in the nba and have been with us through our worst. I would like to see him as an assistant coach on our bench someday but I guess there is very little loyalty in the nba. We keep talking about taking on more money to fill our holes and we do need too but we also need to be looking at the fact that if it goes right we will already be in the position in the next year or 2 that OKC is where they are going to have to move one of their core guys cause they can't afford that many max contracts(or reducing the quality of their role players). We just drafted a PF at 5 who we hope will need a large contract in 4 years and we now have a larger hole at SF then we had last year.

Taking on bad contracts last offseason will come back to bite us in a few. At the Guard the logjam isn't as bad as it sounds. 3 main rotation of Reke MT and IT with Jimmer development minutes and the other 2 only play the guard rarely or when there is injury. Twill Cisco and Salmons can man the 3 spot. They are all similar defenders unfortunately with Twill being the best all around since salmons is slow now but cisco is still our better help defender. I still think last year we should have used greene to defend the better\longer sf in the league and just told him to play hard till he fouls out and we will promise him minutes.