How Ironic with Peja

Peja scores better with Webb out

Is it just me or did Peja drop 29 the other night when he played with C-Webb??? Is 1 point, against the Bobcats of all teams worth all this controversy?

#1sacfan

#1 Sac Fan said:
Is it just me or did Peja drop 29 the other night when he played with C-Webb??? Is 1 point, against the Bobcats of all teams worth all this controversy?
Its not controversy, it is just interesting. No one is saying get rid of Webber so Pedja can score 30, it was just like I said earlier interesting.

Oh and whats with the screen name??

#1sacfan said:
o man #1sacfan i dont know which one you are anymore

..if Bickerstaff didnt get the technical would we even have this thread?

I can't wait untill Pedja gets a 30+ game with Webber <OHH THE HUMANITY!!!>

Last edited:
#1sacfan said:
Its not controversy, it is just interesting. No one is saying get rid of Webber so Pedja can score 30, it was just like I said earlier interesting.

Hmmm.. looks like great minds think alike I didn't know you existed #1sacfan but it looks like you had it before me... want me to change it?

Last edited:
Oh, sweet Jebus. Sometimes I feel like I should be embarassed for Pedja how unconvincing and repetitive his boosters are. Comapring him to other real SF's (all 3 or 4 of them :) )in the league would make much better case.

What is really IRONIC is that Pedja AND Webber are the two prime candidates on this team to ever see their numbers retired by the Kings. And the best 3-4 in the league as of right now. Yet, somehow we are too believe that one is "bad" for the other!

One or the other?? I just don't get it...

bozzwell said:
Oh, sweet Jebus. Sometimes I feel like I should be embarassed for Pedja how unconvincing and repetitive his boosters are. Comapring him to other real SF's (all 3 or 4 of them :) )in the league would make much better case.

What is really IRONIC is that Pedja AND Webber are the two prime candidates on this team to ever see their numbers retired by the Kings. And the best 3-4 in the league as of right now. Yet, somehow we are too believe that one is "bad" for the other!
I know... I don't really get Kings fans that dislike/root against Webb doing good or take glee that Peja has had some bad shooting games in the playoffs when defenses are allowed to grab and hold more. But I think it is a mute point, Peja is showing he can score in more ways adding new moves/plays, getting to the free throw line, taking his man down the lane off the dribble, backuts for layups etc. and Webb is showing he can run the offense efficiently and effectively while still being able to get double doubles.. or even a triple double, and make game clinching shots(two times so far this year). Im a Kings fan! I try to give them both all the positive vibes I can.. because Im superstitious like that...

Last edited:
gixxerR6 said:
yeah he can't rebound blah blah he grabed 12 boards tonight without C-webb which he did well last season and HOW IRONIC HE SCORES 30 PTS first time since C-webbs return remember with C-webbs return peja did not score over 30 points SINCE!

anyway don't want to get flamed here that im a peja homer but there is somthing Ironic here if you see the patern.
Once again the age old fallacious arguement. Just would like to remind that we were playing the Bobcats and when we play good defensive teams Peja is going to be a lot more subdued and without Webber the team is not a championship team unless you find a player with equal or more interior presence. Brad Miller could be that, but he is not there yet. And Peja is miles away. He is a shooter, a great shooter but he is not unstoppable. And we have seen more than a few times where he has been effectively shut down by good defenses. And there is no reason to believe that it wont happen again.
As much as i appretiate Peja and him being an integral part of the Kings team, I find it completely ridiculous when people try to pin his short-comings on Webber.

#1sacfan said:

I've followed this entire thread, and I still don't know what you mean by "interesting." Enlighten me please; what do you find so interesting about it, and what difference do you think there is exactly between Peja scoring 29 and Peja scoring 30?

TheSerbianQueen said:
Why did this even turn into an argument.
I guess Pedja's people vs. Webb's people is never going to end, ha?

CAN'T WE JUST BE HAPPY WITH A WIN????
I think it is usually more like Pedja people vrs. Kings team people Most of those who end up looking like Webb supporters would also say that they love having Pedja on this team. While most people who are "Pedja supporters" would love to see Webb gone.

I agree, Heuge..We should treat all our players equally no matter who scores the most points.. although i do find it odd for peja and webb switching off with the points almost every night

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Serb_Sweetie16 said:
I agree, Heuge..We should treat all our players equally no matter who scores the most points.. although i do find it odd for peja and webb switching off with the points almost every night
What is odd about it? I do not mean to be disrespectful in ANY way, but how much basketball have you watched? Forwards are supposed to score points. It's one of their jobs. It's what they do...

:D

Heuge said:
All I am going to say is Bobcats.
If he could play well and shoot more points when he faced the top defender of oponent.

If he could help Kings win every important games in playoffs.

Paja is the top shooter in NBA

Entity

Hall of Famer
How about the fact that the game before he scored 27 with 13 less minutes in the same game as webb. He also played 45 minutes last night which is his most of the season. Peja is great and he could do that all year and wear his self out again like he did last year. Peja homers should embrace Chris Webber so he can take pressure off Peja everynight. We shouldn't have anybody on our team that has to score 30 everynight to win. I like the fact that on any given night 4 of our starting 5 can put up 30 and we have 2 bench players that can put up 20.

Peja needs Chris to take that slack as Chris needs Peja to take his slack. Same can be said for Miller and Bibby, thats why its called team. Maybe with a healthy Webber all year Peja can go into the Playoffs at full strength and show the world what he is capable of.

A

AriesMar27

umm... if peja cant score 30 against the bobcats, then i feel sorry for this team.... if it were the spurs or the twolves, i would agree. but the bobcats? c'mon now... surely you can do better than that.

G

gixxerR6

Geoff said:
I've followed this entire thread, and I still don't know what you mean by "interesting." Enlighten me please; what do you find so interesting about it, and what difference do you think there is exactly between Peja scoring 29 and Peja scoring 30?
THE DIFFERENCE IS he did not break the 30 point barrier with C-webb in line up! not saying anything about chris or the team all i sad was when Chris webber Returned peja did not had over 30 points yes, he had 29pts couple of times but he did not go over 30 i asked myself for 4 months when will peja ever hit the 30 MARK AGIAN? IRONY C- webb out of the line up.

im a kings fan all im saying are peja's individual stats thats all has nothing to do with the team

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You were sad when Chris Webber returned? Why? Because you thought it would, in the long run, hurt the team or because you were afraid Pedja wouldn't be able to be the shining star??

Who CARES if Pedja got 30 points against the Charlotte Bobcats? I'm sure that wasn't the most important thing in Pedja's mind. He wanted the TEAM to win. T-E-A-M.

You do Pedja a disservice by making it sound as though he can't play well enough to complement one of the best power forwards in the game today.

Is there a special prize for teams whose SFs are able to score 30 points against a depleted, exhausted expansion team??

:rolleyes:

The only thing that Peja has to fear is Peja himself (I know not very original :) ). The only person who can take Peja out of his game is Peja himself. He has all the abilities to score 30+ and grab more than 6 boards with or without Webber in the lineup. What has his shooting percentage been early on in the season? He took enough shots to get over 30 with ease if he wasn't rusty to start the season.

I know the whole point of message boards is to discuss things, but this topic is getting to repetitive and too old.

Peja is just fine, Webber is just fine. They play on the same team and they are obviously not trying to run up their stats, but win freaking games and get us to the championship.

If they had to worry about issues like this (for example Peja saying "Oh crap, now I'm never going to see the ball again" when Webber checks in), we wouldn't be the team that is 13-5. I guess that's all I got to say :)

#1sacfan

Geoff said:
It was interesting only because there was a thread a week or so ago saying Pedja had not scored 30 since Webber returned and then he scored 30 the first time Webb was out. No contraversy, just interesting. I hope I have enlightened you.

Oh and # 1 Sacfan, you do not have to change it if you do not want to, maybe #1kingsfan or something like that.

To sum it all:
Since Webber was injured ('03 Mavs, 2nd rd playoffs)

Pedja with C-Webb = C-Webb is the man (if W, praise Webber.. if L, blame Webber)

Pedja without C-Webb = Pedja is the man (if W, praise Pedja.. if L, blame Pedja and the "we lost because Webber was injured..." "C-Webb didn't play...")

without Pedja and C-Webb = Bibby,Bobby,Brad,etc. are the man
(when was the last time all the Kings are the man?)

This is the Sacramento Kings! Back then they were a team player, with all the chemistry and the people were talking "the Kings are fun to watch", "the Kings have chemistry on and off the court", "the Kings are the greatest team in western civilization
"... They were called TEAM! No Webber team. No Pedja team. No Webber win this. No Pedja score 30 pts without C-Webb!

Now its all about Pedja's scoring and Webber's team...

The Pedja-Webber thing should stop here...

It should be "the KINGS win this game".........

either Pedja score 0 pts or 50 pts......... with or without C-Webb........

nAj jAn™ said:
To sum it all:
Since Webber was injured ('03 Mavs, 2nd rd playoffs)

Pedja with C-Webb = C-Webb is the man (if W, praise Webber.. if L, blame Webber)

Pedja without C-Webb = Pedja is the man (if W, praise Pedja.. if L, blame Pedja and the "we lost because Webber was injured..." "C-Webb didn't play...")

without Pedja and C-Webb = Bibby,Bobby,Brad,etc. are the man
(when was the last time all the Kings are the man?)

This is the Sacramento Kings! Back then they were a team player, with all the chemistry and the people were talking "the Kings are fun to watch", "the Kings have chemistry on and off the court", "the Kings are the greatest team in western civilization
"... They were called TEAM! No Webber team. No Pedja team. No Webber win this. No Pedja score 30 pts without C-Webb!

Now its all about Pedja's scoring and Webber's team...

The Pedja-Webber thing should stop here...

It should be "the KINGS win this game".........

either Pedja score 0 pts or 50 pts......... with or without C-Webb........
Wow, great post!

VF21 said:
You do Pedja a disservice by making it sound as though he can't play well enough to complement one of the best power forwards in the game today.

Is there a special prize for teams whose SFs are able to score 30 points against a depleted, exhausted expansion team??

:rolleyes:
I'm sorry, I tried to stay out of this thread as much as I could but I must say this one made me laugh. From what I saw some the greatest praises of 'one of the best power forwards in the game' came after the win against the depleted Indiana team in which we could witness the matchup of heavyweights: Chris Webber vs. John Edwards.

sloter said:
I'm sorry, I tried to stay out of this thread as much as I could but I must say this one made me laugh. From what I saw some the greatest praises of 'one of the best power forwards in the game' came after the win against the depleted Indiana team in which we could witness the matchup of heavyweights: Chris Webber vs. John Edwards.
Whatever?!?