Grizzlies @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not defending their teeny line-up very well. And Kevin isn't getting many shots after that quick start.

I could hardly believe Mike got that shot off so quick, let alone hit it. That guy is always aware of the clock. He must have a stopwatch in his head. ;) Nice deflection by Kev to give Bibby the chance.

All in all, I can't believe the 1-5, Pau-less Grizz are doing this to us, at home. :( Not liking it.....at all.

They need to be going to Martin a lot more.

I mean c'mon, the team's leading scorer, and hes got like 4 touches...
He's getting touches, but he's not taking advantage of them. He's settling for 3s. 5 shots, 4 of them 3s.

You can't force shots on a player like KMoney. He's not that type of player yet. We've got three guys that can legitimately create their own shots on any given play - Bibby, SAR and Artest.

Money gets his points through the flow. He's quiet. He'll get his, don't worry.

We need to stop turning the ball over.
The TOs are a little inflated.

You've got a couple bad passes, a terrible charging call and a suspect travel call.

Corliss had a few bad passes, SAR had a bad pass ... but most of our TOs aren't bad TOs. You take out the BLATANTLY bad charge and the *new* and *improved* travel calls ... and we've got 7 TOs.

I'm not too worried.

Eh, I don't think there would be anything to "redeem" if that stupid offensive charge wasn't called.

That's 2 (+1) off the board and a HUGE momentum boost. It also took out our hottest player.

I'm just stupified at the call. Even more stupified that the ref that was closest to the ball (and the one that made the initial call) was overruled.
Grant and Jerry explained that the restricted circle isn't in play in that situation due to where the ball was caught. So defender's feet in or out of the circle doesn't matter. However, they felt the call still could've been a blocking foul. Altho, they are homers. ;)

Grant and Jerry explained that the restricted circle isn't in play in that situation due to where the ball was caught. So defender's feet in or out of the circle doesn't matter. However, they felt the call still could've been a blocking foul. Altho, they are homers. ;)
I've never heard about the "restricted circle" being not in play, regardless of where you catch the ball. That's the point of the circle, so you can't "camp out" under the basket.

Also, if you watch the call, the guy doesn't have position.

It was a really, really, really bad call.

10 times out of 10 Kobe gets that call.

What's truly bad about it was that the call was made as an "and 1" and then it was overruled by a backcourt judge ... like he had any view on it?

PS - They ARE homers. I almost can't listen to them when they are on they are so bad.

Entity

Hall of Famer
What sucks is the one game SAR could have a HUGE impact on and Memphis decides to play small ball and we counter. I guess thats why they did it so SAR would't score anytime he wanted.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I've never heard about the "restricted circle" being not in play, regardless of where you catch the ball. That's the point of the circle, so you can't "camp out" under the basket.

Also, if you watch the call, the guy doesn't have position.

It was a really, really, really bad call.

10 times out of 10 Kobe gets that call.

What's truly bad about it was that the call was made as an "and 1" and then it was overruled by a backcourt judge ... like he had any view on it?

PS - They ARE homers. I almost can't listen to them when they are on they are so bad.
more like 12 times out of 10 Kobe gets the call

Roman: While it still may be a questionable call, here's the rule

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket as stated in nba basketball rules.

EXCEPTION: Any player may be legally positioned within the "restricted area" if the offensive player receives the ball within the Lower Defensive Box.

The mere fact that contact occurs on these type of plays, or any other similar play, does not necessarily mean that a personal foul has been committed. The officials must decide whether the contact is negligible and/or incidental, judging each situation separately.
http://www.betterbasketball.com/basketball-rules/nba-basketball-rules.html

Status
Not open for further replies.