Grizzlies @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of Bibby's forces in the fourth was because no one was open, no one had a good shot, and so he just took them. i didn't think he was ball hogging. The offense was stagnating, but I don't think it's all Mike's fault. There have been numerous times (even with the kings of old) when we'll complain about how the offense is stagnating because everyone just stands there and nobody's moving.

All i think rome is trying to say is that Bibby played a good game but he should not force up shots like he did in the fourth thats is why the gizz caught up. When he started to mix up his game with a few passes and shots again, thats when we broke away. If he just let the game come to him like the first qt he could very well avg 20 and 8 plus this season. Any way we won the game, as long as Martin, sar, and Bibby are focal points i think our offense will be great.

Bibby took a whole 3 more shots than Rahim tonight! How dare he!:eek:
Well, it's not about the shots. It's about the type of shot.

When I say that SAR should get the ball in the post, I don't mean that he should necessarily shoot the ball. I think it spreads the offense and gives us open looks.

When Bibby goes explosive, he's doing it at the exclusion of the team. That's not good.

I don't care if Bibby takes 50 shots. If they are open and within the context of the offense, than take them. I won't crucify him for missing open shots.

All i think rome is trying to say is that Bibby played a good game but he should not force up shots like he did in the fourth thats is why the gizz caught up. When he started to mix up his game with a few passes and shots again, thats when we broke away. If he just let the game come to him like the first qt he could very well avg 20 and 8 plus this season. Any way we won the game, as long as Martin, sar, and Bibby are focal points i think our offense will be great.
^Agreed

I actually agree with Roman. Overall -- great game from Mike Bibby. But there was a time when he put up some forces in the 4th Quarter, he stopped feeding Martin and Shareef, the offense stagnated, the Grizzlies made a run. Muss called a timeout, Bibby fed Martin for the 3 and things were back on track. It just goes to show that the offense is better when the ball is moving and Bibby isn't looking for his shot without first passing the ball. Not a huge deal, Kings win, everyone's happy, great game by Bibby.
Yeah tend to agree as well. Normally, the offense does tend to stagnate when Bibby is looking for his shot. I didn't catch the game, but it seems that this is very reminiscent of last season. We need everybody involved if we are to succeed on a consistent basis: offensively and defensively. That's the type of team we have.

You can disagree with factual empirical data?

Did Bibby have 9 assists at the 5 minute mark? Yes.
Did the Kings have a 10 point lead? Yes.
Did Bibby go on a shooting tear at this point? Yes.
Did the lead disappate? Yes.
Were those shots "smart shots" within the context of the offense? God I hope not.

I've said, and I'll say again, we lose this game without Bibby. He played amazing. He also played out of control for a period of time and hurt the team.

The two things aren't necessarily exclusive.

When Bibby plays that style of basketball, we play a stagnant offense. No one touches the ball. We don't distribute the ball.

He's an amazing player. He's got an amazing touch. But, those aren't good shots. Those aren't high percentage shots.
Does picking a giant nit mean anything to you?

Relax.

i dont care what bibby forced or what he didnt force, he had 32 points and 10 freakin assists to go along with it... i dont understand how you can nip pick at every little thing a player does especially when we won the damn game... just chill out please and enjoy the victory... bibby played awesome.

Yes, Bibby took shots when not necessary.. but he was the guy for this game. Okay.. everyone did a little bit of everything, and I can't ask for better.

Let's just hope our defense is at least stronger tonight. :rolleyes:

To add to the conversation, Bibby was clearly quite tired late in 4th quarter... he was still our best option on offense at that point (Kevin and Reef were close but Bibby been hot all game long) and was still contributing on that regard.

Of course some of the shots that Bibby took last night, especially late in the 4th, are usually not the kind of shots you want anyone taking. But given how hot he was last night, he still made half of them. Many-a-times I saw an off-balanced shot, thought to myself, "No!!!", only to see it go in. Given that he made half his shots, I have no complains about his shot selection last night.

The bottom line is that you can take off-balanced three pointers from the other end of the court for all I care if you have a good chance of making them. (And given that they're 3's, I'd say go ahead and take as many as you want if you can make 1/3 of them). But if you aren't making them, then you should be more selective. That's clearly not the case for Bibby last night.

The same goes for Artest really. Some of the shots he took last night were forced shots that he usually misses. Normally, I'd say that he shouldn't take those shots. But he was so hot last night that he made most of them. So I had no problem with his shot selection last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.