Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Not enough sacrifices to the basketball gods

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Vivek thinks four steps ahead

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Life is meaningless.

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Whats this probably stuff? Vivek was quoted as saying Ben and Nik were going to be like "Curry and Klay"

Yeah...Ok Mr. Ranadive. I wonder who he's going to draft with our top 10 pick this year? The next Kobe? The next Wilt?

Nah...Probably the next Bogut. And maybe he'll anoint Coach Mullin the next Kerr.
Lol. Does Nik even have 37 pts total on the year?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This team is making me sick. Whenever I tell ppl I'm a kings fan I used to say it was some dignity but now it's different. There's no more pride with this team, I don't care about the games, sick of these low iq players, poopoo coaching, poopoo defense. Do you know how hard it is to score that many points in a quarter???
Didn't look that hard to me!

I just can't get over what a joke we've become in just over a month.

we went from competing every night with a coach that would be utterly disgusted if his team gave up 30+ points in a quarter to a team, to a team getting run off the floor almost every night with a coach that watches a SINGLE PLAYER go for 37 in a quarter and just stands there like he doesn't even care.

im just disgusted as a fan

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This moron coach thought it was a good idea to throw Nik freakin Stauskas on Thompson after he was on fire....

not double teaming, not fouling, not our best defender. Nik Stauskas, one on one. Watch the Klay video. a lot of his shots are just one on one over Stauskas

I'm done caring about this team for a while.
Well, McLemore wasn't having much success guarding him, and Stauskas is taller, so I can only guess that Corbin just wanted to see if it made any difference. Of course then he went to McCallum, who is shorter, which made no sense. Lest people don't know, Thompson is 6'7" which is tall for a SG. Personally, I don't think it would have mattered who guarded him last night. He was on fire and sometimes, short of tackling him, there's not much you can do.

Well, McLemore wasn't having much success guarding him, and Stauskas is taller, so I can only guess that Corbin just wanted to see if it made any difference. Of course then he went to McCallum, who is shorter, which made no sense. Lest people don't know, Thompson is 6'7" which is tall for a SG. Personally, I don't think it would have mattered who guarded him last night. He was on fire and sometimes, short of tackling him, there's not much you can do.
Then you tackle him

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It's because we don't have better players. Ray would be lucky to play in practice on most teams. The kid is NOT a PG in any sense besides height. Selfish, turnover prone, and not even a very good defender. Not to mention I can shoot better than he can.
I realize that your angry, but I think your exaggerating just a tad. I suspect the might win in a game of horse, but who knows. However, his per 36 numbers are 4.6 assists, and 1.6 turnovers. While I'll admit, that the 4.6 assists are nothing to rave about, one does have to consider that in general he's playing with the 2nd unit, which has struggled to score. And, his 1.6 turnovers is pretty dammed good. In fact, one the things that got scouts attention in college was that he hardly turned the ball over. Ray, contrary to your opinion, is one of the best defenders on the Kings. Again, that might not be saying much, but if your gong to pick on someone, it probably shouldn't be him. Especially in last nights game when he was giving up 4 to 5 inches in height to Thompson.

Now there is an idea;)

I realize that your angry, but I think your exaggerating just a tad. I suspect the might win in a game of horse, but who knows. However, his per 36 numbers are 4.6 assists, and 1.6 turnovers. While I'll admit, that the 4.6 assists are nothing to rave about, one does have to consider that in general he's playing with the 2nd unit, which has struggled to score. And, his 1.6 turnovers is pretty dammed good. In fact, one the things that got scouts attention in college was that he hardly turned the ball over. Ray, contrary to your opinion, is one of the best defenders on the Kings. Again, that might not be saying much, but if your gong to pick on someone, it probably shouldn't be him. Especially in last nights game when he was giving up 4 to 5 inches in height to Thompson.
At this point I think Ray, Nik, Quincy should get lots of minutes off the bench and plenty of chances to touch the ball. Any chance at the postseason is lost so lets see some development. That might be the most entertaining product the Kings can put on the floor IMO.

With Ray, I wasn't even referring to last night's game. He had no business being on Klay, just too much of a disadvantage for him and quite unfair. However, I did watch a lot of other games, and for me he hasn't done anything noteworthy. He has had many opportunities to show something, even anything, and hasn't. He may be a decent defender, but a good one? Maybe he looks like a good defender in comparison to our roster. However, I can live with all of that, the one thing that drives me nuts is his over dribbling and inability to run the 2nd/3rd unit.

Please keep in mind that as everything has come crashing down in epic fashion, most people (I am clearly no exception) change their opinions to negative about many things. Being a natural pessimist, the odds are against me to see things positively, as things stand right now.

At this point I think Ray, Nik, Quincy should get lots of minutes off the bench and plenty of chances to touch the ball. Any chance at the postseason is lost so lets see some development. That might be the most entertaining product the Kings can put on the floor IMO.
With all due respect, if I saw extensive minutes for Ray and Nik, I might have to gouge my eyes out. I would like to see Nik get minutes... in the D-League. He cannot hang with real competition right now and needs to gain confidence. Might as well go to the chuckfest in Reno, it fits him perfectly as a shooter.

With all due respect, if I saw extensive minutes for Ray and Nik, I might have to gouge my eyes out. I would like to see Nik get minutes... in the D-League. He cannot hang with real competition right now and needs to gain confidence. Might as well go to the chuckfest in Reno, it fits him perfectly as a shooter.
Sure it could get ugly. The Kings have lost 6 in a row and are lottery bound, we might as well make the best of it. One of that three might develop into a player given the minutes.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
With Ray, I wasn't even referring to last night's game. He had no business being on Klay, just too much of a disadvantage for him and quite unfair. However, I did watch a lot of other games, and for me he hasn't done anything noteworthy. He has had many opportunities to show something, even anything, and hasn't. He may be a decent defender, but a good one? Maybe he looks like a good defender in comparison to our roster. However, I can live with all of that, the one thing that drives me nuts is his over dribbling and inability to run the 2nd/3rd unit.

Please keep in mind that as everything has come crashing down in epic fashion, most people (I am clearly no exception) change their opinions to negative about many things. Being a natural pessimist, the odds are against me to see things positively, as things stand right now.
I agree with you on the over dribbling and going iso to often. I'm not a fan of iso basketball or ball movement through dribbling. However, I take Ray for what he is, and the learning process he's going through. I guess what always amazes me, is how after a bad loss, or series of losses, fans tend to pick on players that aren't even relevant to what's happening. Neither Stauskas or McCallum have been the cause of our current state. So why go after them.

To criticize McCallum for turnovers, when Gay and Cousins are trying to set records for turnovers in a game just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know what motivates people, but I think that most know, that if they criticize a Stauskas or a McCallum, there will be little or no blow back. Not saying that's your motivation, just generalizing.

There's a lot wrong with this team right now. Too many things to even list. Enough that I might be able to write a book. I'll save that for another time. Doing research at the moment.

Last edited:
"To allow them to score 39 points... I can't get over that, it's like the Atlanta game -- 39 points. You how hard that is? That-- you know how hard it is to give up 39 points in a quarter? That is embarrassing. I'm embarrassed. I don't know if anyone in that locker room is embarrassed, but I'm embarrassed." - Michael Malone, 12-23-2013

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think in Stauskas case, (and yes I'm a fan of Stauskas) you might be surprised how good he can be if he were used in a way that played to his strengths as a player. At Michigan, he was excellent at running the pick and roll. How many times have you seen him run the pick and roll for the Kings? I can remember off hand maybe 4 times, and they all resulted in a basket for either him, or one of his teammates. He's also excellent coming off a screen, stopping on a dime and shooting. How often have you seen him involved in that play? They ran it for him in summer league but it's been non-existent during the season. It appears that all they want him to do is stand in the corner and wait for a ball that never comes his way. People want to criticize his shooting, but when he does shoot the ball well, he gets no credit.

Last night he went 4 for 5 from the floor, and his one miss was a forced shot with the clock running down. Twice he put the ball on the floor, took his man off the dribble, got to the basket and scored. The Warriors announcers were amazed when he did it, saying that they didn't know he had that capability. My point is, he has some skills that could help the team if used properly. By no means is he close to being as good as he can be. He's has holes in his game. He has a lot to learn on the defensive side of the ball. But he has high BBIQ, and is unselfish, which right now, on this team, is hurting him. You want him to stand out? Then he should just demand the ball, and every time he gets the ball, he should just say screw everyone else and shoot the ball. That's what everyone else on this team does. OK, not everyone, but too many. I'll close with this. Please, I beg you, anyone, PLEASE! Find a way to rid this team of Sessions!!!!!! See, I can be critical....:rolleyes:

I think in Stauskas case, (and yes I'm a fan of Stauskas) you might be surprised how good he can be if he were used in a way that played to his strengths as a player. At Michigan, he was excellent at running the pick and roll. How many times have you seen him run the pick and roll for the Kings? I can remember off hand maybe 4 times, and they all resulted in a basket for either him, or one of his teammates. He's also excellent coming off a screen, stopping on a dime and shooting. How often have you seen him involved in that play? They ran it for him in summer league but it's been non-existent during the season. It appears that all they want him to do is stand in the corner and wait for a ball that never comes his way. People want to criticize his shooting, but when he does shoot the ball well, he gets no credit.

Last night he went 4 for 5 from the floor, and his one miss was a forced shot with the clock running down. Twice he put the ball on the floor, took his man off the dribble, got to the basket and scored. The Warriors announcers were amazed when he did it, saying that they didn't know he had that capability. My point is, he has some skills that could help the team if used properly. By no means is he close to being as good as he can be. He's has holes in his game. He has a lot to learn on the defensive side of the ball. But he has high BBIQ, and is unselfish, which right now, on this team, is hurting him. You want him to stand out? Then he should just demand the ball, and every time he gets the ball, he should just say screw everyone else and shoot the ball. That's what everyone else on this team does. OK, not everyone, but too many. I'll close with this. Please, I beg you, anyone, PLEASE! Find a way to rid this team of Sessions!!!!!! See, I can be critical....:rolleyes:
I love shooters, always have, and that's why I like Nik. Not to mention I also thought he had a well rounded game. Please don't misunderstand me, I am happy when he does well (I may not say it, but it's probably because I'm off criticizing someone/something else :) ). We generally aren't very creative on the offensive end, in fact I would say we are rather quite predictable. It's either give the ball to Cousins, or give the ball to Rudy, leaving everyone else to scrap for the leftovers. If we were to give him minutes, to utilize him like you suggested... well how about backup PG? It pins Sessions to the bench (which you would enjoy) and allows Nik to develop into something other than "just a shooter."

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I love shooters, always have, and that's why I like Nik. Not to mention I also thought he had a well rounded game. Please don't misunderstand me, I am happy when he does well (I may not say it, but it's probably because I'm off criticizing someone/something else :) ). We generally aren't very creative on the offensive end, in fact I would say we are rather quite predictable. It's either give the ball to Cousins, or give the ball to Rudy, leaving everyone else to scrap for the leftovers. If we were to give him minutes, to utilize him like you suggested... well how about backup PG? It pins Sessions to the bench (which you would enjoy) and allows Nik to develop into something other than "just a shooter."
Maybe he could play some point in the future. While he's a good ball handler, good enough for the SG position, and in my opinion, a better ball handler than McLemore is right now, I'm not sure he handles the ball well enough to play the point. But yeah, with some tweaking, I could see him running the offense on occasion. At least I know that's what he would be doing. At Michigan, everything Nik did, seemed to have purpose. He didn't dribble the ball around just to be dribbling the ball around. If it came to him, and there was nothing there, he moved the ball. He does the same thing here, but in this case, if he moves the ball, he never see's it again.

I don't think you have to move him to the point to get him involved in the offense. Just call some plays for him. Get the ball in his hands and maybe he can get Collison some open shots. He'll make some mistakes, but the way the rest of the team is turning the ball over, he should fit right in. Defensively, as painfull as it may be at times, the best way to learn is by making mistakes and learning from them. He seems to have quick enough feet, and stays in front of his man if he can get past the initial dribble move. However he strays too far from his man more often than I like. Not sure what defensive scheme their running, but I seriously doubt that it includes playing 15 feet off Klay Thompson, which he did in the first half, and fortunately Klay missed that one. He did make a couple of good plays on Klay, both in the first half. Did a good job of contesting Klay's drive, and pullup in the lane, causing him to miss. And Caused Klay to turn the ball over on the left baseline by cutting him off. But the bad plays outnumbered the good one's. Point is, he's capable of making good defensive plays, so the bad one's can be corrected. Give him another year, and we should have a pretty good player.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sure it could get ugly. The Kings have lost 6 in a row and are lottery bound, we might as well make the best of it. One of that three might develop into a player given the minutes.
Just not important enough. Ray McCallum might one day be a backup PG for somebody. Yay. That's not worth losing over. Nik might one day be a useful roleplaying guard. But not on our team where Ben has, or at least had, already started turning a corner. You waste time on Wiggins. You odn't waste time on MLE or less talents when you could jsut sign guys like that every summer. Not when your stars are in their prime and ready, even desperate to win now.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Just not important enough. Ray McCallum might one day be a backup PG for somebody. Yay. That's not worth losing over. Nik might one day be a useful roleplaying guard. But not on our team where Ben has, or at least had, already started turning a corner. You waste time on Wiggins. You odn't waste time on MLE or less talents when you could jsut sign guys like that every summer. Not when your stars are in their prime and ready, even desperate to win now.
I know one person's time we're wasting.. and he's the best center in the NBA

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I somehow got blocked by her, which is odd because I never followed or tweeted at her. Which means she's been on Kingsfans.com and apparently isn't a fan of me or my occasional writing.

There go those press passes for me the next time I'm back in Sacramento. (Not that I'm going to be back there for a while.)
She took her account back to private. It shows to you as if it's been blocked.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. So "Pace" was Leslie Moore.

And she got her feelings hurt when she was banned from here, so she goes and bans prominent members the exact same day from her Kings PR twitter feed.

Wow. Just wow.
People are taking things way too far on too little reliable info.

We do not know nor will we ever know who Pace was. Pace is gone, banned for extended violation of the prime rule around here - Don't be a jerk.

As far as Leslie goes, she took her Twitter account private. From what I've been told by other active Tweeps, this can result in you seeing a message that you've been blocked.

I know conspiracy theories and all that are a lot of fun but this is just getting silly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm glad you posted this. It is exactly how I felt while it was happening, and everybody was acting awe-struck on twitter while the Kings were playing like third graders - including Kings fans and Kings employees.
The two things aren't mutually exclusive, my friend. You can watch and appreciate an incredible performance by Thompson as it happens and then, once it's over, focus on the fact it was due, at least in part, in the Kings' total lack of anything remotely resembling defense. I chose to focus on Thompson's record-setting accomplishment before having to accept that ONCE AGAIN nobody on the Kings seemed to want to do what they should be doing. But, in all honesty, I'm not sure how much good they could have done. Klay was hitting everything. I would have loved to see him take more of those shots from the stripe, but I'm not going to diminish his performance by pretending to say our juggernaut defenders could have locked him down should they have just chosen to do so.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm curious. Someone earlier posted pictures of PDA along with members of Crown Downtown on a bus going to the game. If you're here and went on that bus, how was the ride back? How was PDA and what did he have to say? He looked talkative in the pictures, was he still?

Just curious in a morbid way.
It was never planned for him to come back on the bus. Word was he would be traveling back east with the team.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
She took her account back to private. It shows to you as if it's been blocked.
It would seem that her blocking me predates her taking her account private though (the format of which is also different enough from the default blocked window). Not that it matters.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It would seem that her blocking me predates her taking her account private though (the format of which is also different enough from the default blocked window). Not that it matters.
Don't know what to tell you other than I seriously doubt if she's coming here and blocking people who have made negative comments or chastized her or Vivek. If that were in fact the case I would have been blocked weeks ago. ;)

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, my friend. You can watch and appreciate an incredible performance by Thompson as it happens and then, once it's over, focus on the fact it was due, at least in part, in the Kings' total lack of anything remotely resembling defense. I chose to focus on Thompson's record-setting accomplishment before having to accept that ONCE AGAIN nobody on the Kings seemed to want to do what they should be doing. But, in all honesty, I'm not sure how much good they could have done. Klay was hitting everything. I would have loved to see him take more of those shots from the stripe, but I'm not going to diminish his performance by pretending to say our juggernaut defenders could have locked him down should they have just chosen to do so.
Some people can, and some people can't (appreciate a wonderful performance by an opponent against them). I don't like seeing my team let it happen to them. If Peyton Manning throws for 600 yards against the Raiders - I'm pissed that the Raiders let it happen to them. If a guy breaks a single game RBI record against the Giants - I'm pissed that the Giants let it happen to them. If a guy scores a dozen points in a quarter, and then my team lets him score another 25 on top of that... I'm beyond pissed that my team didn't adjust. We can all respect each others' right to look at it differently. I respect yours.

I agree on McCallum but not Nik. Not claiming he should take Mac's minutes, only that he should be getting more minutes and get more integrated into the offense; let's him use and develop (and showcase?) the skills he does have, work toward a comfortable rhythm. I would not make this argument if we were winning, but we really need to see what we have here on an NBA level. He could be an outstanding and even competent role player, which is precisely what we need more of.

Last edited:
Some people can, and some people can't (appreciate a wonderful performance by an opponent against them). I don't like seeing my team let it happen to them. If Peyton Manning throws for 600 yards against the Raiders - I'm pissed that the Raiders let it happen to them. If a guy breaks a single game RBI record against the Giants - I'm pissed that the Giants let it happen to them. If a guy scores a dozen points in a quarter, and then my team lets him score another 25 on top of that... I'm beyond pissed that my team didn't adjust. We can all respect each others' right to look at it differently. I respect yours.
So if you were at the game where Chamberlain scored over 100 points, and you were a die heart fan of the team he did it against, you would not have appreciated the opportunity to see that performance?