Free Agency Thread - 2018

James Ennis signs 2 year deal with Houston. Oh well.
Rangy wing who can play multiple positions and hit the 3.

Its funny how much better certain organizations are than others
Wondering what our "push" consisted of. Sounds like he prioritized joining a winning team.

Ennis received interest from several teams, including a push from the Sacramento Kings in recent days, before deciding on a deal to join a Western Conference contender in Houston.
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-swingman-james-ennis-agrees-2-year-deal-rockets-214427081.html

Williams who plays for the Knicks in the SL I reckon would be a nice pick up although he did play for Joerger and Memphis and they did cut him so.......but I love his energy he's like Corey Brewer and gives it his all with insane athletic ability to back it up. But this is really reaching deep since we basically other than Hood have no options left except for a trade.

I really wish they would offer Smart a deal how can they have no interest the guy would not be competing with Fox since he can play two other positions smh.

Wondering what our "push" consisted of. Sounds like he prioritized joining a winning team.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-swingman-james-ennis-agrees-2-year-deal-rockets-214427081.html
Exactly. Just because we want someone to join the team, doesn’t mean they want to join. Vlade deserves a fair amount of criticism (as well as praise for some moves), but the most annoying complaint is to give him crap because he didn’t sign a guy, without any clue regarding the dynamics of negotiations.

Exactly. Just because we want someone to join the team, doesn’t mean they want to join. Vlade deserves a fair amount of criticism (as well as praise for some moves), but the most annoying complaint is to give him crap because he didn’t sign a guy, without any clue regarding the dynamics of negotiations.
I find it strange that a guy entering his physical/mental prime who could get plenty of playing time which he only had briefly in Memphis would choose to go somewhere that he likely again won't play as much as he could breaking out on the Kings and setting himself up for like a 10mil + a year contract. I know players want to "win" but if your a guy like Ennis in my humble opinion he would be beating the door down just to get big minutes (which he might get in Houston but doubtful).

Kevin O'Connor @KevinOConnorNBA

about 23 minutes ago

Intriguing move by the Bulls to rescind David Nwaba. I've heard their plan is to free space to absorb money (like Faried or Deng), then re-sign Nwaba using the Room MLE. They can create up to $20.6M. But I wonder if they could first try to sign a RFA (like Jabari Parker). @ringer

Gee Bulls might be using their cap space to absorb money or maybe RFA for Parker

Kings? - "Crickets"

about 23 minutes ago

Intriguing move by the Bulls to rescind David Nwaba. I've heard their plan is to free space to absorb money (like Faried or Deng), then re-sign Nwaba using the Room MLE. They can create up to $20.6M. But I wonder if they could first try to sign a RFA (like Jabari Parker). @ringer

Gee Bulls might be using their cap space to absorb money or maybe RFA for Parker

Kings? - "Crickets"
Remember all the leaks we used to have with Gerbil?

I know it is frustrating, but really at least our FO seems to be able to keep things off the radar.

about 23 minutes ago

Kings? - "Crickets"
Denver must have an agreement to take some salary off their hands because they just signed IT.

Also we could take the path the bulls dont take. They absorb a contract then we sign Parker (or vice-versa)

Denver must have an agreement to take some salary off their hands because they just signed IT.

Also we could take the path the bulls dont take. They absorb a contract then we sign Parker (or vice-versa)
TRADE for HernanGomez he can play the 3 PLEASE! He looked like he had potential before a bunch of infections/injuries.

Last edited: