Predict the Opening Day Starting Line Up and Rotation

PG: Fox / Yogi / Mason.
SG: Bogi / Buddy / Ben
SF: Beli / JJ/Shumpert
PF: Bagley / Skal/ Zbo (Start Giles until Bagley is ready)
C: WCS/ Giles / KK

Fox will benefit from Beli/Bogi stretching the floor
Bogi/Beli will love playing together(on same Serbian team?)
Yogi/Buddy/Skal will light it up from 3 off bench
Bagley can help Beli on defensive assignments (Discussed in earlier threads) Skal another stretch 4
WCS is our 7 ft C
Skal and Giles off bench will run like the wind and can shoot Short/Mid/and 3pt

If we keep Willie, Our 10man Rotation can play together for 2 yrs straight

Our 5 - 3rd string players can all play if injuries pop up (3 players DEEP)
4 of the 5 3rd String Players will be gone next yr , and Mason is not guaranteed money

Cap Space this yr 20.5+1.5 Davis -6.5 Beli -3.1 Yogi = 12.4
Addl cap space 4 Enders 11.7 Zbo+11.0Shump+8.7KK+5.4Ben =36.8
2019 cap space 49.2 +any increase in total cap

I Love this Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, after the signings.

Fox/Ferrell/Mason
Bogdan/Buddy/Ben
Bjelica/Shumpert/Jackson
Randolph/Bagley/Skal
WCS/Koufos/Giles

And that's IF the team forces Bjelica into the 3 spot, which I think they kinda have to do with this group. I think all of you thinking Zbo out of the rotation are setting themselves up for disappointment. If this holds, Skal and Giles will get the short end of the stick on the big logjam, and possibly Bagley as well depending on what they do with Bjelica.

What I expect:
Fox
Bogdan
Shumpert
Z-Bo
Koufos

Mason
Buddy
Bagley
Giles
Cash Considerations
In light of the recent signings, here is my update:

What I expect:
Fox/Yogi/Mason
Bogdan/Buddy/Pizza-Guy
Bjelica/Shumpert/JJ
Z-Bo/Bagley/Skal
Koufos/WCS/Giles
Ultimate 16th man = cash considerations

What I want:
Fox (36 min)
Buddy (32 min)
Bogdan (36 min)
Bjeli (32 min)
WCS [contract year] (28 min)

Z-bo and Shumpert driving moving trucks

Okay, after the signings.

Fox/Ferrell/Mason
Bogdan/Buddy/Ben
Bjelica/Shumpert/Jackson
Randolph/Bagley/Skal
WCS/Koufos/Giles

And that's IF the team forces Bjelica into the 3 spot, which I think they kinda have to do with this group. I think all of you thinking Zbo out of the rotation are setting themselves up for disappointment. If this holds, Skal and Giles will get the short end of the stick on the big logjam, and possibly Bagley as well depending on what they do with Bjelica.
Giles is our best big in the team right now and will only get better. No way he is 3rd on the depth chart.

I really hope they don't cut Davis until we actually see him get some playing time with Z-Bo/KK both on the way out we need a mobile big body and WCS if he breaks out could become un-affordable and if he keeps on the same path or gets worse could end in a Alex Len type situation where we basically lose him for nothing and have zero intent to sign him.

I hope he gets another chance.

against teams where the Kings go big. I think you will see:

Center: Giles (Kosta and ZBo back-up)
Wing 1: Beli (Skal getting minor minutes)
Wing 2: Bagley or WCS, (Jackson getting minor minutes)
Beli will play a perimeter shooting, playmaking role on offense and guard the slower front court player on defense.
2 Guard: Bogdan, Buddy (Getting major minutes), Shumpert
Point: Fox, Bogdan

Against teams where the Kings go small you might see:
Center: Giles, WCS
Wing 1: Bagley, Beli
Wing 2: Bogdan, Jackson (getting minor minutes)
2 Guard: Buddy, Shumpert
Point: Fox, Yogi

The Keys for the Kings:
1) Fox progressing as a playmaker and his ability to collapse the defense and kick out to 3 point shooters like Bogdan, Buddy and Beli.

2) Giles ability to play the high post and pop for an open 3 point shot of the pick and roll, and his ability to hit cutters with the ball in his hands.

3) Bagley’s ability to learn how to play perimeter defense and use his length and athleticism to be a perimeter defender.

against teams where the Kings go big. I think you will see:

Center: Giles (Kosta and ZBo back-up)
Wing 1: Beli (Skal getting minor minutes)
Wing 2: Bagley or WCS, (Jackson getting minor minutes)
Beli will play a perimeter shooting, playmaking role on offense and guard the slower front court player on defense.
2 Guard: Bogdan, Buddy (Getting major minutes), Shumpert
Point: Fox, Bogdan

Against teams where the Kings go small you might see:
Center: Giles, WCS
Wing 1: Bagley, Beli
Wing 2: Bogdan, Jackson (getting minor minutes)
2 Guard: Buddy, Shumpert
Point: Fox, Yogi

The Keys for the Kings:
1) Fox progressing as a playmaker and his ability to collapse the defense and kick out to 3 point shooters like Bogdan, Buddy and Beli.

2) Giles ability to play the high post and pop for an open 3 point shot of the pick and roll, and his ability to hit cutters with the ball in his hands.

3) Bagley’s ability to learn how to play perimeter defense and use his length and athleticism to be a perimeter defender.

3ple B. BBB. thats 40+% from 3 spreading the floor. A lineup with those 3 on the floor at the same time and Fox+Big can play pick and roll with the paint completely empty. Key will be Fox improving his jumper so that the D has to go over... If that happens then its basically a layup or a kickout every time....

Giles is our best big in the team right now and will only get better. No way he is 3rd on the depth chart.
Giles is our best big, period! Putting him as 3rd string is a joke.

Willie can't do HALF of this:
Did you see where he just takes entry passes away from Ayton, again and again. His offense (rn) is head and shoulders above willie.

Did you see (in the Cleveland game) where he led the fast break? Did you see the no-look pass? (Giles thread, page 8)

Giles is a beast and a legit 2-way player.
There is no way he is 3rd string, no way.

3ple B. BBB. thats 40+% from 3 spreading the floor. A lineup with those 3 on the floor at the same time and Fox+Big can play pick and roll with the paint completely empty. Key will be Fox improving his jumper so that the D has to go over... If that happens then its basically a layup or a kickout every time....
Assuming Fox can kick it out and find the three point shooters. Boston focused on getting into the paint and kicking out to open shooters. The Kings have to be able to get this done.

Giles is our best big, period! Putting him as 3rd string is a joke.

Willie can't do HALF of this:
Did you see where he just takes entry passes away from Ayton, again and again. His offense (rn) is head and shoulders above willie.

Did you see (in the Cleveland game) where he led the fast break? Did you see the no-look pass? (Giles thread, page 8)

Giles is a beast and a legit 2-way player.
There is no way he is 3rd string, no way.
I wish you guys were right about Giles but to start the season it's almost a given he will be 3rd string.

WCS/Koufos/Giles
Bagley/Randolph/Skal

This is even if we see Bjelica at full time 3. these vets should get rest days often and by game 30 he will probably flat out DNP them. That said I have no confidence in joerger to not play his "vets" over the young talented kids.

I wish you guys were right about Giles but to start the season it's almost a given he will be 3rd string.

WCS/Koufos/Giles
Bagley/Randolph/Skal

This is even if we see Bjelica at full time 3. these vets should get rest days often and by game 30 he will probably flat out DNP them. That said I have no confidence in joerger to not play his "vets" over the young talented kids.
Giles seems more ready to start (or take on heavy minutes) than Bagley. Bagley needs to come along slowly and not be thrown into the fire.

Giles seems more ready to start (or take on heavy minutes) than Bagley. Bagley needs to come along slowly and not be thrown into the fire.
I dont think the 2nd overall pick will get no minutes to start if only that it just looks terrible for the team. We have to show we believe in our pick. FWIW I think there will be some mins for Giles and Skal is the odd man out

Fox
Buddy
Bogdan
WCS
Koufos

Unfortunately those will be the opening night bigs, but that will change by mid season

Fox/Buddy/Bogdan will be here to stay tho

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I think this thread is way too premature but whatever. Maybe as we get into late October we can actually make some predictions that might make more sense.

I do think that Zach will get some run early in the season if he is still on the team. We will be looking to showcase him for a trade. Maybe others too.

I do NOT want to see MBIII or Giles starting. Neither have the experience at this point. I bet coach will feel the same way. At least early on they will likely be coming off the bench to get their feet wet in the NBA game.

I dont think the 2nd overall pick will get no minutes to start if only that it just looks terrible for the team. We have to show we believe in our pick. FWIW I think there will be some mins for Giles and Skal is the odd man out
He's drafted. his draft position is irrelevant now. The only way Bagley starts opening night is if everyone else is hurt.

If Giles and Bagley earn solid minutes this season over the vets we have I'll be really excited. I'm hoping improved chemistry and experience is enough for the 2nd year crew to take a noticeable step forward. It may not mean competing in the West but in a could pay big dividends in a few years.

Fox
Buddy
Bogdan
WCS
Koufos

Unfortunately those will be the opening night bigs, but that will change by mid season

Fox/Buddy/Bogdan will be here to stay tho
If Joerger plans to start Koufos and Willie just fire him now.

I like this group of starters:

PG - Fox
SG - Boggy
SF - Bjelica
PF - Bagley
C - Giles (Skal)

But I highly doubt Joerger will throw Giles out there so soon. Even if he earns the starting job in training camp they will be conservative. He will come off the bench. I would love it for Skal comes to training camp a new player and with 15-20 pounds of new muscle and win the starting center job. In no certain circumstances do I see the prudence of trotting Willie out there as a starter. He's not good enough. If we can't trade him which we should be trying to do, he should be coming off the bench and limited to 15-20 MPG.

All of these different starting lineups are not good. It means that the Kings have a bunch of players with similar abilities.
I don't get all of this new found confidence in Yogi and Beli.
Any one that thinks the Kings can win 30 games with Skal and/or Willie as starters is dreaming.
Buddy cannot be overlooked.

Think of it this way, do the GS Warriors have long discussions about who their starting line-up is going to be?
There are several reasons for this, I will share a few.

#1 That is because besides Iggy there is a dramatic dropoff in talent from starters and bench.

Hhhmm who do they start draymond green or jonas jerebko??? Decisions decisions.
Steph or livingston.

#2 unlike the warriors we are looking at a lot of unknown and new-to-us players.
Is Shump healthy?
How do Yogi and Bjelly best fit?
How good are Giles and Bagley.

Thats five new rotational pieces, what did the warriors get two new centers, that anhbody with the slightest nba knowledge know.

You cannot compare a roster in flux to a proven winner.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
All of these different starting lineups are not good. It means that the Kings have a bunch of players with similar abilities.
I don't get all of this new found confidence in Yogi and Beli.
Any one that thinks the Kings can win 30 games with Skal and/or Willie as starters is dreaming.
Buddy cannot be overlooked.
It's called hope and optimism. It's also called finding something to talk about during TDOS.