Center: Giles, WCS or Kosta, ZBo
PF: WCS or Bagley, Skal
SF: Jackson or Shumpert
SG: Bogdan, Buddy,
PG: Fox, Mason or Temple

So what do we do about the hole at 3?

Offer Parker to join the Duke crowd? Target an unrestricted Hezonja? Others

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an incredible SF class of FAs. Unfortunately I don't think the Kings have a chance at the best ones.

I think Parker, Hood, Hezonja, and maybe Kyle Anderson draw interest from the Kings. All have significant concerns but still have hope. I'm expecting a trade of some sort to clear out our glut of SGs or bigs or both.

With the addition of Bagley, we're completely out of the big man market.

I still think LaVine is an interesting option. However, FO is way too high on our SGs.

I'd target Dante Exum for cheap. Maybe a 2yr contract $5million? Still potential somewhere there. I'd offer the same to Hezonja.

With the addition of Bagley, we're completely out of the big man market.

I still think LaVine is an interesting option. However, FO is way too high on our SGs.

I'd target Dante Exum for cheap. Maybe a 2yr contract $5million? Still potential somewhere there. I'd offer the same to Hezonja.
They should be high on our SGs, they are solid players. LaVine? He’s not good

Shabazz Napier would be pretty sick. I think they need more shooting from the PG spot. Napier makes up for what fox lacks.

If Teodosic declines his player option he would be an intereting vet to bring in.. he could teach Fox how to pass. Plus hes great friends with Bogi...

Clips drafted Gigglyleeus whom is a PG so its possible that Teo opts out because of the competition..

They should be high on our SGs, they are solid players. LaVine? He’s not good
He's over a year younger than Buddy, and 2 years younger than Bogdan. Much more athletic than both. Nearly averaged 19ppg in his 3rd year emerging as a better player than Wiggins...before his ACL took him out.

He just has a higher potential. He's going to cost more, but if we can get LaVine, it would make Buddy or Bogdan expendable and from that, we could get a legitimate SF.

He's over a year younger than Buddy, and 2 years younger than Bogdan. Much more athletic than both. Nearly averaged 19ppg in his 3rd year emerging as a better player than Wiggins...before his ACL took him out.

He just has a higher potential. He's going to cost more, but if we can get LaVine, it would make Buddy or Bogdan expendable and from that, we could get a legitimate SF.
He was terrible last year advanced stats wise, and someone will pay him a non significant amount. What he is post injury is a question mark

Buddy is ready to come into his own as a super efficient, better defensive/rebounding peak Reddick

We have other positions of need. Though I’d prefer Buddy/Bogdanovic get a look

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Temple still hasn't officially picked up his option, has he? His decision will affect available cap space.
Temples decision also has some effect on immediacy of need. Meaning that depending on where the coach is at Temple could be the obvious starting 3. I am not necessarily endorsing this just pointing out a potential situation. But having Temple might make Vlade less desperate.

If we can't get any big name SF's we could try get James Ennis III or Beasley as some punch off the bench. Ideally we would maybe try trade for Harris/Morris/W Chandler for some experience/size/toughness

Just give Caboclo a try this year. He had half a season to get used to the team and learn the system. He'll have training camp with the team this year to get it down. And he is still only 22 years old (2 years younger than Hield/WCS & 3 years younger than Bogdanovic).

I’m sorry but Bruno, JJ or Temple better not be the vision...unless the plan is to bring hezonja or Parker or Kyle Anderson in, the draft tonight just wouldn’t make sense. It seems like it was less about finding the next superstar and more about trusting our pieces. Which I’m fine with so long as we find a proven guy to fill our long absent hole at the 3. If signing a 3 isn’t the first thing we do, passing on doncic makes 0 sense to me, no matter how I look at it

Rotation of
Fox/Mason/Temple
Bogdan/buddy/Carter
Jabari/JJ/Shump
Bagley/Skal/Zbo
Giles/WCS/kosta
Has some real potential to compete. Hezonja is a bit of a question mark for me but I remember being high on him when he entered
Kyle Anderson would be a nice pickup too, though his scoring upside is smaller than Jabari’s.

Jabari Parker is more a 4/combo forward than a pure sf. He is also terrible defensively so if we wanted to play Bagley as a pf we should consider someone who can play defense on the wing. Tj Warren cant shoot so hard pass for a lineup that already has three non shooters. Hezonja also played his best minutes at 4 last year.

Hopefully we just play Bagley as a center and try to create modern high powered offense with a switch all defensive scheme. Or maybe both Giles and Bagley become shooters, would make things little easier

Entity

Hall of Famer
I’m sorry but Bruno, JJ or Temple better not be the vision...unless the plan is to bring hezonja or Parker or Kyle Anderson in, the draft tonight just wouldn’t make sense. It seems like it was less about finding the next superstar and more about trusting our pieces. Which I’m fine with so long as we find a proven guy to fill our long absent hole at the 3. If signing a 3 isn’t the first thing we do, passing on doncic makes 0 sense to me, no matter how I look at it

Rotation of
Fox/Mason/Temple
Bogdan/buddy/Carter
Jabari/JJ/Shump
Bagley/Skal/Zbo
Giles/WCS/kosta
Has some real potential to compete. Hezonja is a bit of a question mark for me but I remember being high on him when he entered
Kyle Anderson would be a nice pickup too, though his scoring upside is smaller than Jabari’s.
so who was the superstar that was available? if we our draft indicated we weren't looking for one

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Just give Caboclo a try this year. He had half a season to get used to the team and learn the system. He'll have training camp with the team this year to get it down. And he is still only 22 years old (2 years younger than Hield/WCS & 3 years younger than Bogdanovic).
I'm willing to half agree with you. If we can get him on a one-year extension or get him to accept a two-way contract I would let him start in Summer League and maybe even preseason with the idea sending him to Reno for development.

There is zero room for Caboclo. He will not even be on the roster come Sept. Come on. He was worthless on a perennial playoff team, Toronto. What makes you think he will so anything in Sac. He's garbage.

I think Kings will sign: One of Mcdermott, Hood, Hezonja or Parker.They are all restricted and all will be an overpay.
I also see the Kings paying Smart. His toughness and intangibles are fierce. I don't know how that affects the backcourt. But, I am sure someone will be traded if that happens.

I'm willing to half agree with you. If we can get him on a one-year extension or get him to accept a two-way contract I would let him start in Summer League and maybe even preseason with the idea sending him to Reno for development.

Rotation of
Fox/Mason/Temple
Bogdan/buddy/Carter
Jabari/JJ/Shump
Bagley/Skal/Zbo
Giles/WCS/kosta

Carter was a one year deal. He's not coming back to Sac.
Temple has until next Fri to sign the option or he's gone too.
One of Skal/WCS or both will be gone by the start of the season.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'm really not sold on the idea of throwing big money at a second-tier small forward this season. Honestly is a trade can't be worked out I would not be unhappy seeing a one year rental on somebody to fill the hole and then hitting the market next season when several very good small forwards will be available. The Kings would have upwards of 50 million to start spreading around.

Last edited:
There is zero room for Caboclo. He will not even be on the roster come Sept. Come on. He was worthless on a perennial playoff team, Toronto. What makes you think he will so anything in Sac. He's garbage.

I think Kings will sign: One of Mcdermott, Hood, Hezonja or Parker.They are all restricted and all will be an overpay.
I also see the Kings paying Smart. His toughness and intangibles are fierce. I don't know how that affects the backcourt. But, I am sure someone will be traded if that happens.
Hezonja is unrestricted.