Free Agency Thread - 2018

Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42
With Indiana using cap space to sign Tyreke Evans, we are now down to four teams that have significant room: Atlanta ($21M), Chicago ($23M), Philadelphia ($15M) and Sacramento ($18M). This is not an easy market to be a restricted free agent.

Smart for 10 mill would work in my 3 guard theory. I think Smart wants to stay in Boston though. A S&T of Temple for Smart would be rather... smart.

I think something to consider with SF is that with Fox, Bagley, Bogie and Buddy, there's going to be less shots to go around. You aren't looking for much offense from your 3/wing spot and prioritizing a defensive stud might be better.

A 2nd rounder and a 2nd round swap apparently
I dont think Denver was ever considering dumping chandler for a 1st

They was talking about it before the draft dumping Faried for their 1st

They are still over the luxury cap by about 10 mil

If they offer 2019 1st and faried for 13.7 in cap space they can even sign several min contracts and stay out of Lux tax

Is 14 mil in cap space worth a 1st next yr?

Only we would pass on a dominant defender like Smart for a player like Hood.

Plenty of room here for Smart with his versatility.
Indeed. There'd be a lot of questionable shooters in Sacramento, but goddamn it would be fun to watch a team full of high energy, tough, versatile players. Smart, Bagley, and Giles all have that take-no-s***, give-no-f***s kind of attitude that I love.

I dont think Denver was ever considering dumping chandler for a 1st

They was talking about it before the draft dumping Faried for their 1st

They are still over the luxury cap by about 10 mil

If they offer 2019 1st and faried for 13.7 in cap space they can even sign several min contracts and stay out of Lux tax

Is 14 mil in cap space worth a 1st next yr?
Depends on the opportunity costs. I don't mind that deal in a vacuum, but it's probably a last resort

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Only we would pass on a dominant defender like Smart for a player like Hood.

Plenty of room here for Smart with his versatility.
I'd pass on him. I love the D, but his shooting is pathetic. His FG% is 36% and his 3 pt. shooting percentage is 30%. YIKES! And he shows no signs of improvement. He is surrounded with great shooting in Boston, which offsets his weakness, and that's just not the Kings right now. With a 53% FG% and a 33% 3 pt shooting percentage, Anderson looks like an absolute marksman compared to Smart.

I'm all for anyone that can D up on the wing. I love what @Sac.Kings said about the bulldog mentality. Giles absolutely has it and the idea of adding another dog would bring a toughness Kings fans have only seen from Doug Christie. This team is still developing so I'm not worried about the shooting. Mental toughness is an attribute that translates best come playoff time. We aren't there yet but that kind of intensity if infectious!

I'm all for anyone that can D up on the wing. I love what @Sac.Kings said about the bulldog mentality. Giles absolutely has it and the idea of adding another dog would bring a toughness Kings fans have only seen from Doug Christie. This team is still developing so I'm not worried about the shooting. Mental toughness is an attribute that translates best come playoff time. We aren't there yet but that kind of intensity if infectious!
I loved Smart in the playoffs. He's the Boston Celtics personified. He has a never say die attitude and fights until the end. He's a glue guy and a ferocious defender all in one.

Shooting would be a weakness but that's something that can be addressed at a later date. We have to find ourselves as a team first and a bulldog mentality is one I'd love to see. I'll never forget 2006 with Bonzie and Artest where we sucker punched the Spurs of all teams in the first round. Unfortunately we didn't have the experience and the cohesion they did and lost the series 4-2, but there was talk of us potentially being one of the best 8 seed teams in history. Best of all was that we were gritty and tough to the bone. You shoved us and we would curb stomp you. Loved it.