Free Agency Thread - 2018

A lot of people are weary of maxing Capela, but the guy is a beast on the glass, and runs the floor damn well, and plays defense, so I don't see why people are so weary. Capela and Bagley/Giles for years to come sounds awesome.

Erik Gundersen @Erik_Gundersen
Honestly the Lakers are the perfect example of mainstream fandom in every way and now they have to root for all these weirdos. It's perfect.

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons
Coming from a lifelong Laker hater - thank God they’re completely botching this Summer of LeBron roster, I really appreciate it. Seriously, thank you.

Janis Carr @janiscarr
The Lakers are now must-see TV. Not sure for the right reasons.

Michael Dugat @mdug
Lakers drunk signing now

Bill Oram @billoram
With Rondo the Lakers have an outside shot at the conference finals. And that is the extent of their outside shooting.

Jon Santiago @itsjonsantiago
LeBron was really funny in Trainwreck, but this new comedy he’s starring in with the Lakers is shaping up to surpass that

A. Sherrod Blakely@ASherrodblakely
Lonzo. Lance. LeBron. Luke coaching the team,, LaVar on the sidelines. That's a lot of L's ...

Dan Greenberg @StoolGreenie
Watch LeBron see all these moves and change his mind by July 6th

Twitter is attackimg these moves and I love it
Wow! The roster they are assembling around LeBron is way worse than what Cleveland had.

LeBron is going to rue the day he left the Eastern Conference for this hot mess!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow! The roster they are assembling around LeBron is way worse than what Cleveland had.

LeBron is going to rue the day he left the Eastern Conference for this hot mess!
Especially with what GSW just did. No way the Lakers can get past that lineup if healthy.

Clippers have some guards now
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Milos Teodosic, Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Jawun Evans, Jerome Robinson and now Avery Bradley.

I cannot believe Randle only got 9 mil per season that's a insane bargain that's less than Faried/Tristian Thompson.....i wonder if the Pels will play big ball with Mirotic @ SF.

I am not sure Pacific Division is a sell now. You will face KD and LBJ 8 times this season.
True but the selling point is he will start at small forward for us from day one. It would be his position to make his own. Other teams be might not be a clear cut starter or get heavy minutes. At least here he'd start and should play 30+ minutes a night. It might be just the type of opportunity to make his mark and land a bigger pay day down the line.

Sf and pg crops are dwindling
Pacers look like theyre close to 1 yr deal for tyreke.
Jeff green drawing interest from wiz.
Tony Parker is asking for 2 yr in 6-7 range and several teams showing interest.

Sf and pg crops are dwindling
Pacers look like theyre close to 1 yr deal for tyreke.
Jeff green drawing interest from wiz.
Tony Parker is asking for 2 yr in 6-7 range and several teams showing interest.
Hey that guy Miles at least in person looked ok at pg last night. Maybe we've got an internal diamond.

At this point, I think Vlade is waiting it out and being patient.

There will be some nice bargains available soon, once all the money dries up.

I think Vlade may be saving the cap space for a salary dump contract to get a serviceable small forward and get a 2019 first round pick.

No need to rush at this point. Wait it out and we will be rewarded.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If Sac goes the trade route, I’m sure Atlanta wouldn’t mind being out from the Bazemore contract. Zbo for Bazemore. Wilson Chandler is available. Probably others

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
Unsigned FAs: Clint Capela (R), Jabari Parker (R), Isaiah Thomas, Tyreke Evans, Marcus Smart (R), Zach LaVine (R), Jusuf Nurkic (R), D-Wade, Brook Lopez, Wayne Ellington, Luc Mbah a Moute, Mike Beasley, Tony Parker, Kyle O'Quinn, Trevor Booker, Jamal Crawford, Shane Larkin, etc.