Buddy Hield CANNOT start.

If there is no trade before the season Buddy should absolutely not be a starter. His social media antics cannot be rewarded it would send a message that the new regime is soft and gives into role players. Buddy is a sunk cost and should be treated as such.

If there is no trade before the season Buddy should absolutely not be a starter. His social media antics cannot be rewarded it would send a message that the new regime is soft and gives into role players. Buddy is a sunk cost and should be treated as such.
Seriously? Let him build up his value and then make a decision on retaining. Benching him hurts the team more than him.

I am not a fan of his antics, but he needs to start so he can build up some trade value and we can ship him out.

I've had enough of his BS too, but if he can keep his foot out of his mouth for a few months then we can get something of value for him.

If people choose to view him as a child who should be punished or rewarded on the court depending on his off court behavior, then consider what you do with a child who is intentionally pushing your buttons. You ignore him.

We're losing our minds and I bet he's just laughing.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Well now that we've cleared up if this is pettiness or actual measured dissatisfaction with Buddy as a basketball player, I'm sorry to inform you that you are most likely going to be very unhappy with what you see a month from now.

Also, the sooner people realize that social media is not news the better off we'll all be.

I would hope that if Buddy remains on this team Haliburton eventually eclipses him but by all means, Haliburton is not ready and if we are trying to showcase the guy for a trade, giving him a big confidence boosting run for the first 3 months of the season is the way to move on.

Seriously "don't reward him".... he's already being rewarded 24 million ways this season. The least we could ask for is a return on that.

We literally went from "Keep Buddy, play Buddy to boost his value." to "Bury Buddy on the bench because of discipline reasons!" overnight.

Even by KingsFans standards, this has got to be some sort of record.
For the time being, we cleared up a clog in the system. Did it reward the "right guy"? Time will tell but ultimately I don't think either was in Monte's plans.

I was never in the first camp. Should have never signed him after his antics last off season. If he wanted to pout or cause problems it would only hurt his rfa money this year. Now your stuck with the antics and salary.

I was never in the first camp. Should have never signed him after his antics last off season. If he wanted to pout or cause problems it would only hurt his rfa money this year. Now your stuck with the antics and salary.
I think we're all in agreement that Vlade made a lot of mistakes. I think 1) Vlade would have kept Buddy and Bogi at all costs and 2) imagine trying to negotiate both of them at once. It would be a nightmare. We'd probably wind up matching offers on both, with unfriendly terms.

We did get Buddy for what we wanted to pay and in a salary structure that matched our needs.

Are we going to win a title with Buddy as our second option? No.

Are we going to make the conference finals? No

Are we going to win a playoff series? No

Are we going to win a single playoff game? No

Will we make the playoffs? No

I'm not sure how the answer to "Buddy is a malcontent" and "Buddy isn't good enough" are simply to bench him for the indefinite future. Playing him is a) the quickest way to get rid of him and b) the only way to get value on his contract.

If you hate him so much how do you reconcile making the situation even worse and plunging his trade value further?

The Kings not giving Buddy minutes or a starting role would be cutting off their nose to spite their faces. Or noses and faces. I'm not sure how that idiom works when applied to a group.

But I digress.

It seems like Buddy wants out. And I'm guessing the new FO would like to trade him.

So it behooves both sides for him to start, play well, and open up options for Buddy to go to another team and the Kings to recoup some value.

All benching him does is hurt morale and his trade value. And I highly doubt it sends him the message you're hoping for. It's just going to result in him acting out more.

The Kings not giving Buddy minutes or a starting role would be cutting off their nose to spite their faces. Or noses and faces. I'm not sure how that idiom works when applied to a group.

But I digress.

It seems like Buddy wants out. And I'm guessing the new FO would like to trade him.

So it behooves both sides for him to start, play well, and open up options for Buddy to go to another team and the Kings to recoup some value.

All benching him does is hurt morale and his trade value. And I highly doubt it sends him the message you're hoping for. It's just going to result in him acting out more.
Couldn’t have it said it any better

Or in the off-chance of us winning he/we might change his/our mind(s).

I know, crazy that the way we handle things or people's minds can be changed by our/their current situation.

:p

Use him right and all doubts go away about him being a starter or not. Then if he still wants out at least you've given the Kings a shot not let him end up like Bogdan did.

What have I missed? I don’t see anything on Buddy’s twitter acct except the same message he posts weekly.

He "liked" a meme of him not being a piece of the kings core. I dont do social media but I heard about it on the deuce and morgan podcast this morning.
It’s not the first time it’s happened from him, he’s been doing it allll summer long on IG as well as Twitter. A few months back he was liking hypothetical Hield to Phila trades on Instagram, this is not new and it’s not going to get him off our roster any quicker so he can have at it as far as I’m concerned but he’s gotta be in the starting lineup...if for no other reason besides increasing his trade value which is the only thing we should be concerned with at this point.