Are you kidding me? Robinson Traded?

jesus christ. stand pat until the sale is completed. stand pat, goddammit. only this kings regime could **** that up so royally. geoff petrie will find himself in a permanent state of unemployment on the other side of this mess...
I would love to read a tell all book from Petrie. A behind the scenes look at the Kings organization that went from one of the most exciting teams in the league to watch into a complete train wreck. You may agree or disagree with his strategy of getting bigs that like to shoot threes... but he has seemed like a decent GM to me. I want to see just how much influence the Maloof's have had on him over the past decade or so.

I would love to read a tell all book from Petrie. A behind the scenes look at the Kings organization that went from one of the most exciting teams in the league to watch into a complete train wreck. You may agree or disagree with his strategy of getting bigs that like to shoot threes... but he has seemed like a decent GM to me. I want to see just how much influence the Maloof's have had on him over the past decade or so.
this is the sticking point for me. if the maloofs have truly held that much sway over the management of the kings during these turbulent times (likely true), what the ever-living-**** is geoff petrie still doing here?! any self-respecting GM with even a passing interest in his own reputation would tell them to go **** themselves and subsequently tender his resignation rather than pull the trigger on the kinds of trades that have made this team the league's proverbial doormat while turning geoff petrie into an unemployable entity. what happened to that man's backbone??

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kelly Dwyer, talking about the Maloofs and their latest cash grab:

"...Of course, the season is nearly two-thirds over, and those full-year salaries are nearly two-thirds paid. The savings aren’t even that significant. The Kings just dealt Thomas Robinson to save 27 games worth of salary on a player that they selected eight months ago as a top five pick. These are the Sacramento Kings owners. They frost their tips, they fail at business, and they dislike Sacramento Kings fans..."

Rest here

As far as actual trade value goes - Cole Aldrich may turn out to be a fine player, but it's not going to happen with us. He is probably not going to get many more minutes than he is used to getting, and is certainly not going to develop into some sort of stud on any end of the floor with our coaching staff at the helm. Also unlikely to be kept around or used as a regular rotation guy when new coaching staff takes over. I would rather we have stuck with our #5 pick.

On the positive, idiot brother's latest cash grab can only bring more public light to what they have been doing to this Kings franchise over the last couple years. That could only benefit Sacramento and KJs case before the board of governors.

Just thinking back to what was supposed being offered for the 5 pick, and now the end result is Patrick Patterson, a jump shooting PF.
He's not a bad fit, but his D and rebounding have trended in the wrong direction, a lot like Landry except he has 3 point range. And Patterson can not play SF anymore than Trob could.

Aldrich is a 5th big. Maybe one day he'll grow up to become Greg Ostertag. No PT available to find out anyway.

Douglas is a decent prospect, but he's going to be battling Jimmer/Brooks for 4th guard minutes that don't really exist. Why did they sign Brooks again?

While I am not T-Rob fan, we just got Maloofed and hopefully for the last time. It could be worse. They could trade Tyreke and/or Cousins as a final **** you to Sacramento! Hopefully this is the last time we get Maloofed!

this is the sticking point for me. if the maloofs have truly held that much sway over the management of the kings during these turbulent times (likely true), what the ever-living-**** is geoff petrie still doing here?! any self-respecting GM with even a passing interest in his own reputation would tell them to go **** themselves and subsequently tender his resignation rather than pull the trigger on the kinds of trades that have made this team the league's proverbial doormat while turning geoff petrie into an unemployable entity. what happened to that man's backbone??
He isn't a young pup anymore, my reasoning since I like Petrie is that he is planning on retiring after this season.

You have got to be f'ing kidding me. What the F did we just turn our 5th pick last June into? I agree with Pardino, where's Petrie's backbone? No one is putting a gun to his head and forcing him to do these moves. He's made his money. Move on.

And hearing/seeing there's another move on the horizon? Are we about to do something stupid and trade Reke? Since Petrie is rumored to be willing to move Reke and he's bending over and doing whatever the Maloofs suggest, I wouldn't be surprised if Reke has played his last game for us. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him moved with a contract like Salmons to save money. I didn't think that a few mins ago but I also thought all movement for us was put on hold.

On the positive, idiot brother's latest cash grab can only bring more public light to what they have been doing to this Kings franchise over the last couple years. That could only benefit Sacramento and KJs case before the board of governors.

My thoughts exactly. In the long run, this might actually help us. Hell, I don't know just trying to fine some ray of light in this.

We'll all forget about this tomorrow when they trade Tyreke for bull****.

FTM!

You have got to be f'ing kidding me. What the F did we just turn our 5th pick last June into? I agree with Pardino, where's Petrie's backbone? No one is putting a gun to his head and forcing him to do these moves. He's made his money. Move on.

And hearing/seeing there's another move on the horizon? Are we about to do something stupid and trade Reke? Since Petrie is rumored to be willing to move Reke and he's bending over and doing whatever the Maloofs suggest, I wouldn't be surprised if Reke has played his last game for us. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him moved with a contract like Salmons to save money. I didn't think that a few mins ago but I also thought all movement for us was put on hold.
think this is a big **** you to sacramento as they ride into the sunset. shady *** mofos

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Not only did we trade a promising young PF, we also got rid of veteran leadership and locker room presence in Garcia, Garcia was not going to be on the books much longer anyways too..

Reke and some Josh Smith trade?
Actually... on paper that doesn't seem half bad....

IT/ Douglas/ Brooks
Thorton / Jimmer
Josh Smith/ Salmons/ Johnson
Jason Thompson/Patrick Patterson
Cousins/Hayes/ Aldrich

I'm not advocating for trading Reke but there could be worse outcomes. Unless Smith decided to leave because we won't pay him max... that would be bad.

What kind of organization trades the 5th pick mid-rookie year, who 1. Improved over the year and 2. Wasn't causing major locker room/off court problems. This deal is an absolute disgrace and I can't wait to see Trob be properly developed on Houston.
According to Elias Sports Bureau, Robinson was the fifth top 5 draft pick in the lottery era to be traded in his rookie season. The others were Derrick Favors, Drew Gooden, Chauncey Billups and Donyell Marshall.

ONLY the Hansen Group can save US NOW!!!

Since the Magoofs signed a binding agreement with the Hansen group and they put down a $30 miliion deposit, maybe once they catch wind of this move and realize how much they are paying the magoofs for this team, they will realize their potential team is getting the shaft in this deal and they will block the Magoofs from making this trade.

Since the Magoofs signed a binding agreement with the Hansen group and they put down a $30 miliion deposit, maybe once they catch wind of this move and realize how much they are paying the magoofs for this team, they will realize their potential team is getting the shaft in this deal and they will block the Magoofs from making this trade.
They were briefed on it. They will most likely clean house anyways so why not start now?

Whats new. Kings bleed talent to cut costs. Because we'd hate to go above the 27 spot in team salaries.

This franchise is the biggest joke in all of sports. Stern needs to step in or speak up. This is not good for the league.

I seriously think the NBA needs to appoint a guardian ad litem for the team. I honestly can imagine Gavin crawling around looking for spare change under the seats in STA, while Joe is removing all the fixtures. Meanwhile George is pulling the copper wire from the walls.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I seriously think the NBA needs to appoint a guardian ad litem for the team. I honestly can imagine Gavin crawling around looking for spare change under the seats in STA, while Joe is removing all the fixtures. Meanwhile George is pulling the copper wire from the walls.
about right. We've entered Major League territory now.