Are you kidding me? Robinson Traded?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
According to Elias Sports Bureau, Robinson was the fifth top 5 draft pick in the lottery era to be traded in his rookie season. The others were Derrick Favors, Drew Gooden, Chauncey Billups and Donyell Marshall.
Derrick Favors was traded for All-Star Deron Williams.
Chauncey Billups was traded for All-Star Kenny Williams.
Donyell Marshall was traded for future All-Star Tom Gugliotta.

Sure, Drew Gooden only got Tony Battie back, so that was a pretty questionable trade.

So, in the game of top-5 draft picks traded in their rookie season, we got at best the fourth-best deal out of five, huh? Woot.

The current Sacramento Kings owners have proven time and time again that they do not care about the squad’s fans, the community that surrounds the team, and the product on the court. The Sacramento Kings owners are sniveling, conniving front-runners that do not understand the game of basketball, much less the ideals that help buttress attempts at tact, poise and reason. Also, they just traded a rookie lottery pick in order to save a few hundred thousand bucks as their final miserable season as Kings owners nears its end.
Tell us how you REALLY feel, Kelly...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-robinson-houston-rockets-040603051--nba.html

Wow I just got home to see all of this. What an absolute shame. When I first saw the headlines about getting Cole, PP and Toney - I was truly, almost surely thinking/hoping we traded AT LEAST ONE OF OUR GUARDS! Nope. We kept them all and added another. Smart must be salivating at the thought of having so many shoot-first guards.

On top of everything, we trade, in my mind the 3rd most untouchable player on our team.

There is absolute nothing else to say here except that this is the last miserable punch in the gut from the Maloofs and Geoff Petrie to the Kings Fans.

Wow I just got home to see all of this. What an absolute shame. When I first saw the headlines about getting Cole, PP and Toney - I was truly, almost surely thinking/hoping we traded AT LEAST ONE OF OUR GUARDS! Nope. We kept them all and added another. Smart must be salivating at the thought of having so many shoot-first guards.

On top of everything, we trade, in my mind the 3rd most untouchable player on our team.

There is absolute nothing else to say here except that this is the last miserable punch in the gut from the Maloofs and Geoff Petrie to the Kings Fans.
There are reports that we will make another trade! I shudder to think what it could be and I am just hoping and pray that Cousins and/or Evans are NOT involved! :(

after watching his rookie highlight, i think i'll go cry in a corner now. gosh, well at least he's on a team that would use and probably make him ten times better. good luck in the playoffs T-Rob!

man i cant believe how so many people are saying how they love the trade on grants show. and of course grant is saying how great the trade is and how much better patterson is than trob.
Grant is the Maloof-Mouthpiece. Of course he's going to "love" the trade and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they were only allowing "pro-trade" calls on the air.

Bit of a stretch? Maybe. But with the Maloofs and their cohorts, I am no longer surprised by anything.

Derrick Favors was traded for All-Star Deron Williams.
Chauncey Billups was traded for All-Star Kenny Williams.
Donyell Marshall was traded for future All-Star Tom Gugliotta.

Sure, Drew Gooden only got Tony Battie back, so that was a pretty questionable trade.

So, in the game of top-5 draft picks traded in their rookie season, we got at best the fourth-best deal out of five, huh? Woot.
Future all-stars Tony Douglas and Patrick Patterson would like to have a word with you

There are reports that we will make another trade! I shudder to think what it could be and I am just hoping and pray that Cousins and/or Evans are NOT involved! :(
The problem I have is that I WANT to see another trade. Simply for the fact that I hate having so many stupid shoot-first guards on our team and in Smart's backpocket.

However, at the same time - I share your fear as well. Knowing what we already know about our FO is that, in all likeliness, DMC and Evans could be out the door for a scrub and cash.

Remember when we were happy that we won the tiebreaker for once, and were ensured of a good pick at #5? Remember when we then passed over Drummond and Lilliard to draft TRob, which was still not too bad considering TRob was projected to go even higher? Remember when GP then decided to give his old friend Daryl Morey a parting gift for his friendship over the years?

This trade helps the city of sacramento's cause

I think that this trade gives the KJ more ammunition against the Magoofs attempt to sell to seattle group. This will remind and show the BOG that the kings demise and poor attendance was not sacramento's fault, but the magoofs fault.

It might be just the right time to remind all of the owners that these spoiled brats took their dad's hard earned money and squandered it all. hopefully, the owners will not reward the magoofs for destroying one of the most loyal fan bases in the nba.

Seeing how adamant the owners were to keep the league owned New Orleans Hornets in New Orleans when they had every opportunity to sell to the highest bidder, give me confidence they won't want the kings moved if there is a equal or better deal to keep a team in its original location.

let's hope this deal magoofs the magoofs plans!!!!

The problem I have is that I WANT to see another trade. Simply for the fact that I hate having so many stupid shoot-first guards on our team and in Smart's backpocket.

However, at the same time - I share your fear as well. Knowing what we already know about our FO is that, in all likeliness, DMC and Evans could be out the door for a scrub and cash.
I'd have to agree with you. I'm praying that Thornton or Brooks or heck IT gets moved, just to clear up the huge logjam at the PG/SG position. Now that Garcia is gone we will more or less always be undersized at at least one position on the floor.

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that this nimrod Dwyer seems to care more about the Kings than the Kings' own beat writer?
We have the worst beat writer in the league. Sam Amick, who was the best Kings beat writer of all time before he left the pathetic paper known as the Bee, writes more stories about the Kings than our own Jason Jones. Although I bet the Bee is probably thinking of firing him soon anyways. He was terrible as the Raiders beat writer and he's been terrible as the Kings.

Oh, and did I mention that he was a Lakers fan before he was chosen to write about the Kings?

Just thing guys. As Pizzed off as we are tonight. Those that weren't here should have been here the night we traded C-Webb for Corlis Willimson, Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner. This very much pales in comparrison the hatred I had that evening.
That day was the beginning of the end. Little did we know back then what the Maloofs really had in store for us.

I hope that if the Kings stay in Sacramento, the new owners get new jerseys, new front office, new players, new everything. I want to start over.
Well to me that is what will happen. You will get a fresh new start. I think this is a horrible deal and it reminds me of what other teams that have moved in other cities have done. Just get rid of good players and sell to new owners so that they can have a huge salary cap to make it their team. (if that is the case...Dont know either way what will happen at this point!) I believe this will also make KJ happy because this will show the BOG that the Kings fans are not to blame for the problems the Kings have had. It will show them that with new owners that will bring new arena and new team that the people of Sacramento will make the NBA fantastic again.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Therre apparently is another trade coming up with Atlanta and we all know it can't be right. Whoever wants another trade should think about it more correctly as it could be the ultimate disaster.

Therre apparently is another trade coming up with Atlanta and we all know it can't be right. Whoever wants another trade should think about it more correctly as it could be the ultimate disaster.
3 team trade with Houston, where they get Josh Smith and we trade Brooks to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick? lol...

From some Pacers fans over at PacersDigest:
I guess the one positive we can take from constantly and continually being screwed with by the Maloofs is that people are actually beginning to take notice and feel bad for us. This is going to help our case in keeping the team. Hopefully, the other owners are taking just as much note.

I think he is mistaken. Jason Jones said he was on his way to Atlanta and he heard about another trade in the works. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta was a trade partner.
That's what I thought of as well when I saw Glenn reference Atlanta. I was wondering if he had heard anything because as you mentioned, Atlanta would make alot of sense as far as potential trade partners.

I am still in disbelief over this. I really thought the silliness was over. I have no doubt the person who said Kings management was not happy with this and it was purely a cost saving move is correct. What is going on with this guys, they are about to get a 300mil + payday, received 30mil just weeks ago, and they still need to wring every last bit of money out of the franchise. Un-Expletive-Believable.