Are you kidding me? Robinson Traded?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Can we, the fans, file a complaint with the NBA? If the BOG needed any more evidence of what the Maloofs are doing to this team, here it is. The best thing I can say is that this just makes the Maloofs look worse and if the people who make up the BOG, have a heart, they should relieve us fans from any more suffering and reward us with a team to stay in Sacto forevermore (quoth me).

There must be a way to twist this to our advantage.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Prove it. Petrie is still the GM. He's in charge of player movement. I don't see him saying anything otherwise. Therefore, his hands are dirty as well. You can't keep protecting Petrie and blaming the Maloofs. He's just as guilty since we know absolutely nothing to delineate between the two parties. Unless you got something I don't?
Just follow the money.
Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean
Kings send about $10.3 million in reported trade to Houston & bring in $6.6 million. #NBAKings #Rockets
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Kings move was all about cutting costs and not something management enjoyed doing, a source said.

Just follow the money.
You're right. In Petrie I trust. He's gotten us to where we need to be time and time again. Of course, evil Maloofs tied Petrie in their shack and forged his signatures on everything.

As long as Petrie has the position he has, his hands are dirty. That's how it works. Everything else is conjecture. If you persecute a company, you persecute according to powers and positions.

Can someone answer this:

If the Maloofs were involved and told Geoff to make the trade, why would he oblige? He does not have to and they can't fire him with the way things are. He could have just said " No I dont want to do this trade"

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You're right. In Petrie I trust. He's gotten us to where we need to be time and time again. Of course, evil Maloofs tied Petrie in their shack and forged his signatures on everything.

As long as Petrie has the position he has, his hands are dirty. That's how it works. Everything else is conjecture. If you persecute a company, you persecute according to powers and positions.
No, I don't trust Petrie, who at this point is just riding his desk to retirement. That said, you can't let this hate for Petrie distract you from the real villains of the whole damn situation.

Entity

Hall of Famer
next years contracted player
Cousins
Thompson
Salmons
Thorton
Hayes
Outlaw
Fredette

8 players on contract for next season. team options for Thomas, player option for Brooks, restricted FA Evans and Johnson.
I doubt Brook and Johnson are retained becasue they aren't being used anyway. good news is we will see 3-5 new faces next year. Could be a building block for the new Owners/GM/coach

Cousins
Thompson
Salmons
Thorton
Hayes
Outlaw
Fredette

8 players on contract for next season. team options for Thomas, player option for Brooks, restricted FA Evans and Johnson.
I doubt Brook and Johnson are retained becasue they aren't being used anyway. good news is we will see 3-5 new faces next year. Could be a building block for the new Owners/GM/coach
Patterson is on the team regardless, his option isn't until next year if I'm doing my math right.

mike fisher @fishsports
NBA source tells me #Rockets trade for #Kings Thomas Robinson is to facilitate another Hou deal

Will be interesting to see what value they get out of him if they trade him, haha.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Cousins
Thompson
Salmons
Thorton
Hayes
Outlaw
Fredette

Would not be surprised to see one of our good players packaged with Hayes or Salmons in another salary dump.

No, I don't trust Petrie, who at this point is just riding his desk to retirement. That said, you can't let this hate for Petrie distract you from the real villains of the whole damn situation.
Oh, I hate the Maloofs a lot more than Petrie, who I am mostly just disappointed in/ashamed of. I just don't like how he gets a free pass while he does nothing more than suckle at the teet of team Maloof and sign off on these robberies.

I would like to know how player movement for at least some assets weren't restricted under the pending agreement? Hansen's got smart guys who are paid lots of money; you would assume that they would tag a few of the players as untouchable this season.

We should have a new thread collecting words that would describe the Maloofs. I have to assure VF21, I know a bunch. It might be educational especially with a few fans from the UK. I love the way they swear.
"*******" fits the description perfectly

EDIT: Profane terms, even slang expressions from across the pond, are not allowed. The term you used is offensive and has been removed. Please respect the family-friendly tone of this board. Thanks. -- VF21

Last edited by a moderator:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Can someone answer this:

If the Maloofs were involved and told Geoff to make the trade, why would he oblige? He does not have to and they can't fire him with the way things are. He could have just said " No I dont want to do this trade"
The Maloofs OWN the team. Petrie works for the Maloofs. If he doesn't want to do what the ownership tells him to do, he can quit. And yes, they certainly can fire him.

I'm sure the owners can make a trade with or without the blessing of their GM.
But this is the part I can't understand... I thought the Maloofs had left the building and completely walked away. I'm shocked there still meddling with the team like this even after signing a sale agreement.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
But this is the part I can't understand... I thought the Maloofs had left the building and completely walked away. I'm shocked there still meddling with the team like this even after signing a sale agreement.
Hey...there was still money to be made picking through the team's carcass. :p

Never underestimate a family of vultures.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I love - LOVE - being a fan of the most incompetently-run team in the world. At least in two months the pain is over either way.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
More LOL Grant: "I like the trade... Patterson a stretch four... Patterson better than T-Rob right now." Duh, so what?!

If we keep the Kings, we better not keep Napear!!
Query: in all his years as Kings talking head, has there ever been a trade Grant said he DIDN'T like?

Query: in all his years as Kings talking head, has there ever been a trade Grant said he DIDN'T like?
He's definitely loved every trade this organizations ever made. For a guy who has no problem criticizing the players and how badly it fits its funny that he avoids putting any blame on the people who actually put them together.

"*******" fits the description perfectly

EDIT: Profane terms, even slang expressions from across the pond, are not allowed. The term you used is offensive and has been removed. Please respect the family-friendly tone of this board. Thanks. -- VF21
Oh alrighty then. Doubt many found it to be offensive though considering who it was directed at, but I get it. maloofs are just such an easy target nowadays. Figured since it wasnt a George Carlin word it would be ok.

This trade is a complete sham no matter how you choose to look at it. The Kings got marginally better this season, if at all, at the expense of the future.

Patterson is an alright player, but nothing special. He doesn't make the Kings a playoff team this season, so why do it? The Kings should be building toward the next 2-3 seasons and Thomas Robinson helps you do that more than Patterson. In his 3rd season already, Patterson isn't likely to get a whole lot better while Robinson could very well do just that.

Regardless, you don't give up on a top 5 pick a mere 51 games into his rookie season. I don't care how underwhelming Robinson has been, it's just not smart. Let's not forget that part of Robinson's struggles may very well have to do with the dysfunctional franchise and clueless coach that he plays for, which can't seem to develop young players or even play them in the correct positions. As a recent example, look no further than J.J. Hickson whose value was so low after playing here for less than a full season that he was untradable and was eventually released. He since went on to Portland, rejuvenated his career and now has several teams wanting to trade for him.

If Robinson was part of a package that actually landed the Kings a borderline marquee player, I could understand moving him. But for Patrick Patterson? This move was about saving money for the Maloofs, as it didn't really make the team better for the rest of this season and it likely didn't make them better looking ahead 2-3 seasons from now.

Lastly, as if most here don't already know this, Grant Napear is a complete tool. This guy backs anything this stupid franchise does. Not only is he claiming that Patterson is worlds better than Robinson (really? What's he done?), but he's ok with the owners putting money in their pocket as a result. Seriously? Owning a pro sports team is not about making trades that directly put more money in your pocket. It's about making moves that improve your team. Doing so puts more money in your pocket indirectly as more fans want to come out and pay to see your team. If the New York Yankees did business like this, he'd be ripping them a new one. But since this is the franchise that signs his checks, he toes the line even though they won't be his bosses next season. That guy seriously needs to grow a pair.

Lastly, this organization has been making moves like the one they apparently made today for the past 8 or so years. How's that been working out?

Last edited: