Malone fired

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojYahooNBA

Sacramento has fired coach Mike Malone, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
· 32s32 seconds ago
Despite star DeMarcus Cousins missing past nine games, Malone didn't meet win-loss expectations of ownership, sources tell Yahoo.

· 4m4 minutes ago
Assistant coach Ty Corbin will take over as interim head coach, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

· 1m1 minute ago
GM Pete D'Alessandro hadn't hired Malone, and had never been strong bond between them. Still, ownership's expectations are unrealistic.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 6m6 minutes ago
No incident, from what I'm told, just no patience for a group that was doing good things but had lost its centerpiece (Cousins)since Nov. 26

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

Wow it's true

I have to assume Malone and Cousins must not have been close at all if they fired him otherwise having a upset Cousins is not a good thing.

I assume there was differences between Malone and the management.

Wow it's true

I have to assume Malone and Cousins must not have been close at all if they fired him otherwise having a upset Cousins is not a good thing.

I assume there was differences between Malone and the management.
I'm baffled by this. If you told every Kings fan that the team would be 11-13 and 9 of those games were played without DMC, they'd be ecstatic.

Either Malone did something shady, front office is being honest, or DMC is a really good liar and hates Malone.

I mean, sheesh. I don't know what PDA was expecting. Dude's nuts. Is there any way we can get Mark Jackson in here midseason? Does Vivek have a relationship with him?

What in the world. This can't be true... I mean, he hasn't been perfect but were off to our best start in YEARS. I really don't want a revolving door of coaches again. This could set us so far back.

Wow even as much as some of us had been pointing out some strange things Malone was doing, i was NOT expecting this at ALL.

was at least thinking Pete would try to fill some of the obvious holes in the roster first

I'm having sudden flashbacks to the Iggy fiasco of a few years back. This is not good. He was Vivek's first hire of his ownership, and was considered a good get.

He had to have done something wrong.
Something to do with Omri not playing cause he's "hurt?
His undying allegiance to Sessions T'ing off the front office?

I thought he was doing pretty good????