Malone fired

I must say that I am surprised that this thread is still blowing up and posters are really this upset. It is now more the 2K posts of venom. Not a single person knows that this was a bad move. Posters only "think" that it was a bad move. It will be at least a year before we know the outcome of this move. If the team falls apart over the next 1-3 years or makes no progress, I could understand the upset at that point. Additionally, I find it highly unfair to Vivek and the FO to be so critical when the outcome is still TBD. For all that they have done for us in such a short time I think that they at least deserve a little bit of patience of the part of the fanbase as we wait and see the outcome.
It is true that the Kings could end up with a better coach when the smoke clears. Maybe. This team might battle for the 8 spot now - and make the playoffs in their first year in the new arena as planned. ok

But nobody will be able to prove that it was due to this move rather than "in spite of it".

None of that will vindicate this tasteless firing of Malone. Just for the timing and Pete's web of lies as to motivation (wins? style? wins? style?.... how about "butthurt egomaniac exec mad that the coach won't showcase his high jumper Derrick Williams and his fast runner Ramon Sessions, and his dumbass 4 on 5 defense").

D'Alessandro showed his ass big time here and I'm so glad the people of Sacramento are not letting him off the hook for it. It was complete betrayal - absence of common decency. Sacramento people don't like seeing a hard working guy like Malone get done like that. Trying to recruit an assistant with the promise that the head coach job would be his soon?! Using the DMC injury to create a false "results-based" pretense to fire the coach?! These crimes don't go away if the team succeeds under the next coach. The team had a dream November - Michael Malone coached this team to a freaking dream November... and Pete D'Alessandro inexplicably, desperately, deviously, used DMC's injury as a bogus excuse to fire the coach. Every single observer has seen through this except a very very very few die-hard PDA/Vivek supporters here. No reasonable person has articulated a case that Coach Malone DESERVED to be fired on merit at this point in this season. The idea that this roster "should be doing better if not for a coach deficiency" is madness to me (matter of opinion). The team was blowing away any realistic expectation. How people deny this is beyond me.

To me, it won't be over till D'Alessandro is gone. But at least for most people it can be over as soon as he hires a hall of fame coach to replace the terrific young coach he just screwed over. But I do not trust or like this GM after this episode. Even the way he is leaking this Deron Williams crap is more evidence that he thinks the fans are stupid sheep.

If they had replaced Malone in the off season (with whoever...) then what you say would be true I think - they would deserve some benefit of the doubt.

But they didn't.

There is a big difference of firing Malone in the off-season and firing Malone 24 games into the season. The players are disheartened. They may be able to pull it together and right the ship but why did the FO have to do this? They really ****ed this up on so many fronts.
Oh, don't worry about the players being disheartened because I think they have been constantly disheartened already every time we lose those winnable games that we're supposed to have won if not for Malone's poor in-game adjustments. I am pretty sure nobody among the players would want to say it out of respect of their coach. We know it (and it was recorded on game threads).

Last edited:
I must say that I am surprised that this thread is still blowing up and posters are really this upset. It is now more the 2K posts of venom. Not a single person knows that this was a bad move. Posters only "think" that it was a bad move. It will be at least a year before we know the outcome of this move. If the team falls apart over the next 1-3 years or makes no progress, I could understand the upset at that point. Additionally, I find it highly unfair to Vivek and the FO to be so critical when the outcome is still TBD. For all that they have done for us in such a short time I think that they at least deserve a little bit of patience of the part of the fanbase as we wait and see the outcome.
Exactly.

Oh, don't worry about the players being disheartened because I think they have been constantly disheartened already every time we lose those winnable games that we're supposed to have won if not for Malone's poor in-game adjustments. I am pretty sure nobody among the players would want to say it out of respect of their coach. We know it (and it was recorded on game threads).
Here's a different perspective. Those games were only winnable BECAUSE of Coach Malone. Because of the defense played on his watch, and the team chemistry.

Take Malone away, what's left? I guess we will see. So far, 0-2.

Can we stop with this bullsh$%? There were a few players "recommended" to him to find playing time for.

#totalspeculation. And I think, Terrence Williams workouts and his certainty about getting back to NBA was another part of this power struggle with Malone pointing, what kind of seasons, especially defensively, rookie SGs usually produce with obvious example from last year. But in the end response was "Stauskas? Stauskas? I think, we go with Stauskas!". Oh, BTW Williams can play backup PG as well, so there goes Ramon. Double "No!" from PDA. Maybe relations deteriorated in the summer already, and it was as simple as "You want another guy, who plays defense? Ha-ha, no!"

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Can we stop with this bullsh$%? There were a few players "recommended" to him to find playing time for.

#totalspeculation. And I think, Terrence Williams workouts and his certainty about getting back to NBA was another part of this power struggle with Malone pointing, what kind of seasons, especially defensively, rookie SGs usually produce with obvious example from last year. But in the end response was "Stauskas? Stauskas? I think, we go with Stauskas!". Oh, BTW Williams can play backup PG as well, so there goes Ramon. Double "No!" from PDA. Maybe relations deteriorated in the summer already, and it was as simple as "You want another guy, who plays defense? Ha-ha, no!"
I don't know about TWill, but I will say that the timing of all this is highly suspicious, and notably just as soon as we fire him all of a sudden our name pops back up on the trade market. Remember all summer long we were waiting for that extra move that just seemed to be in the works? The one more big move that never came? Well maybe just maybe if you are trying to oust the coach you don't quite make that move and let him just struggle along with what he has until you can depose him. THEN you pick up the phones again.

It is true that the Kings could end up with a better coach when the smoke clears. Maybe. This team might battle for the 8 spot now - and make the playoffs in their first year in the new arena as planned. ok

But nobody will be able to prove that it was due to this move rather than "in spite of it".

None of that will vindicate this tasteless firing of Malone. Just for the timing and Pete's web of lies as to motivation (wins? style? wins? style?.... how about "butthurt egomaniac exec mad that the coach won't showcase his high jumper Derrick Williams and his fast runner Ramon Sessions, and his dumbass 4 on 5 defense").

D'Alessandro showed his ass big time here and I'm so glad the people of Sacramento are not letting him off the hook for it. It was complete betrayal - absence of common decency. Sacramento people don't like seeing a hard working guy like Malone get done like that. Trying to recruit an assistant with the promise that the head coach job would be his soon?! Using the DMC injury to create a false "results-based" pretense to fire the coach?! These crimes don't go away if the team succeeds under the next coach. The team had a dream November - Michael Malone coached this team to a freaking dream November... and Pete D'Alessandro inexplicably, desperately, deviously, used DMC's injury as a bogus excuse to fire the coach. Every single observer has seen through this except a very very very few die-hard PDA/Vivek supporters here. No reasonable person has articulated a case that Coach Malone DESERVED to be fired on merit at this point in this season. The idea that this roster "should be doing better if not for a coach deficiency" is madness to me (matter of opinion). The team was blowing away any realistic expectation. How people deny this is beyond me.

To me, it won't be over till D'Alessandro is gone. But at least for most people it can be over as soon as he hires a hall of fame coach to replace the terrific young coach he just screwed over. But I do not trust or like this GM after this episode. Even the way he is leaking this Deron Williams crap is more evidence that he thinks the fans are stupid sheep.

If they had replaced Malone in the off season (with whoever...) then what you say would be true I think - they would deserve some benefit of the doubt.

But they didn't.
is this on the same level as the magoofs sabotaging attendance so they could reference to why they want to move?

The players really valued Malone, even if Malone made adjustment mistakes. He is a young head coach that's learning during his second year; he can fix these tangibles with time and experience very easily. But intangibles such as trust and respect can't be learned -- barring change in personality. Even if we get a really good head coach -- sure, the tangibles (e.g. wise rotations, better plays) might be there, but its uncertain whether or not the team gets the benefit of the intangibles. In effect, the team potential hits a ceiling, held back by the intangibles.

I don't know about TWill, but I will say that the timing of all this is highly suspicious, and notably just as soon as we fire him all of a sudden our name pops back up on the trade market. Remember all summer long we were waiting for that extra move that just seemed to be in the works? The one more big move that never came? Well maybe just maybe if you are trying to oust the coach you don't quite make that move and let him just struggle along with what he has until you can depose him. THEN you pick up the phones again.
Another option is that coach opposed those "big moves", and now when he is gone there is no obstacle in the way.
That might explain the front office's logic behind timing of the firing (beginning of the trading season).

The goal of the venomous posts shouldn't be meant to criticize the move itself or what has happened in the past; instead, these venomous posts should be used in order to change the future, i.e. to give hades to those in the front office so they think twice before making any move as ridiculous as this... or to even give the idea to the front office that rehiring Malone might be in the best interest of the team, even if it is a stretch in terms of possibilities.