Are you kidding me? Robinson Traded?

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Sacramento has traded forward Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y Sports.

The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

From Sam Amick:

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/304395886937636865
Kings send T. Robinson, F. Garcia, T. Honeycutt to Houston for Toney Douglas, Cole Aldrich, Patrick Patterson & cash, USAT has learned.

Something tells me the Maloofs are still around.

Last edited:
The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

Robinson, Garcia and Honeycutt traded

From Sam Amick:

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/304395886937636865
Kings send T. Robinson, F. Garcia, T. Honeycutt to Houston for Toney Douglas, Cole Aldrich, Patrick Patterson & cash, USAT has learned.
Edit: and a 2nd round pick (via Adrian Wojnarowski):

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/304396852424482816
Along with a second-round pick, the Kings will send Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets, sources tell Y!

Last edited:
This is so goddamn strange. Doesn't make sense on any level.

And I say this as someone who doesn't think Robinson was any sort of a lock to make it in this league. Patterson is better than him right now, but good lord, you should be able to get more than that.

Aldrich is a physical center and he blocks shot. Patterson is decent and has upside. Douglas is inconsistent but he can be of some use.

I know it's an underwhelming trade knowing we could have had Drummond or Lillard but it is what it is. The thing though, there is no guarantee that TRob is going to be better than Patterson. And I think Patterson and Aldrich's game fits this team better than TRob.

I'm most excited about Aldrich, finally a big guy who can protect the rim. He is probably nothing more than 8pts, 8rebs and 2blocks type of center but desperately needed nonetheless.

Assuming of course, that this trade is legit.

also love the fact that we just picked up ANOTHER mediocre PG, and didnt unload any of the ones we already had. cant wait to see a IT/Brooks/Douglas/MT/Reke lineup

We get a TOP 5 pick, get an athletic rebounding power forward WHO HAS SHOWN that he is coachable and WILLING to be a team player and HAS GOTTEN BETTER over his rookie season for a spot up stretch power forward who can't rebound plus ANOTHER back up PG. Wtf is wrong with the front office. Might as well trade next years lottery pick. I'm so pissed right now.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Aldrich is a physical center and he blocks shot. Patterson is decent and has upside. Douglas is inconsistent but he can be of some use.

I know it's an underwhelming trade knowing we could have had Drummond or Lillard but it is what it is. The thing though, there is no guarantee that TRob is going to be better than Patterson. And I think Patterson and Aldrich's game fits this team better than TRob.

I'm most excited about Aldrich, finally a big guy who can protect the rim. He is probably nothing more than 8pts, 8rebs and 2blocks type of center but desperately needed nonetheless.

Aldrich is terrible defensively, and is definitely not a shotblocker, maybe a 3rd string center at best.

Toney Douglas is a pg guard sized chucking sg.

Patterson is.. i dont even... a undersized PF who shoots threes?

This is so incredibly underwhelming, but i have some of the same thoughts.

I didn't believe in Trob.

Patterson is better than him. I liked Aldrich coming out of the draft, although his career to this point has been terrible. Toney Douglas is a good defender.

Still, how the hell is this all we can get for Robinson? And as a team so far away from being competing.... gahhhh.

Awful. **** the Maloofs and **** Petrie. We're done.