VF21

Awwww! So sorry to hear this. Like most have commented didn’t always see eye to eye but always respected her. She was a Kings fan through and through. Felt bad that she took s generalized comment I made as a personal affront singling her out when I really didn’t mean it that way. Condolences to her family and her family of Kings fans

I haven't posted in quite some time but have been regularly lurking and also noticed her absence. She was always nice to me and tried to keep this place positive despite all that us Kings fans have had to go through. I'm saddened to hear of her passing. My thoughts are with her family and friends. Good on Carmichael Dave for honoring her with his tweet.

I heard this sad news this past weekend from my friend from KF, "6th", ( we are now friends IRL).

Christine and I are actually friends on FaceBook...though it certainly didn't start out that way. (I've been a member on here for probably 20 years, before the site crashed.)

Being a Laker fan, in Sacto. and on here, I knew I had to tread lightly, and Christine always made sure that I did. When you guys were haveing a meet up at Players, years ago, I made mention that I would like to go, you know, to put names with faces and all, and specifically to meet 6th who was going to be there from Illinois. Christine let me know that that probably wouldn't be a good idea and wouldn't really be welcome. Me, being the stubborn person I am, went anyway. I was only planning a quick stop, but.... Christine and I got to talking and by the end of the night we were taking pictures together!

In fact, she bought an extra ticket to a game for one of your Opening Night group events and she asked me to go! So I did! :)
Because of our mutual love of garlic fries and all things chocolate..I brought some chocolate sauce to the game so we could dip our garlic fries in it..AND WE DID! Neither of us thought that it was as gross as we expected. LOL

Like many others have stated, Christine and I didn't agree on many things, but we did have a mutual love of the NBA and respect for each others allegiance to our team.

RIP VF

Love, Your favorite Laker fan.

origkds

What- Me Worry?
I just came across this thread and the sad news- I feel weak. I checked in with her in January and she mentioned the loss of a friend and that she was taking a break and reassessing her priorities. I've just been waiting for her to trickle back in. We all had no idea. Even Warhawk knew nothing and he talked to her two days before she passed. KingsFans has the best Mods of any forum that I've ever been on and she was the Queen. I will miss you, Christine. Heartfelt condolences to her daughter and family.

Thank you for everything over the years VF21, like many others have expressed you have always been good to me and you will be missed so very much.

I know you will be watching Kings basketball with us throughout time and space. One of the best parts of being a Kings fan is calling you friend.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sigh.

Wow. As some have noted I do poke my head in here from time to time just to see how the place is faring, and I suppose if you do that long enough you are going to time skip around until people that you knew are gone. Just poked in and found a message, and...sigh.

There was a time here, literally decades ago, when for years VF21 and I were basically the only two active mods. This was before we recruited young whippersnappers like Slim and Warhawk and Cap'n. We conversed nearly daily, and I even wrote an op-ed for her little newspaper back in the day.

Would have been such a kindness for the Kings to have finally put together another winner for her. 15 years has punishing costs. Kids growing up have never seen them win. And how many of the most loyal fans from back in the day have been lost? My mom went last year, I still have her Bibbyduck and autographed Corliss picture. My godfather 2 years before that. Both season ticket holders in the day. Now Christine as well.

RIP VF21. Say hi to Coachie in a place where hopefully even the Kings always win.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... 15 years has punishing costs. Kids growing up have never seen them win...
VF21's elder granddaughter was born the year the Kings last won a playoff series. I don't think that the younger one has ever been alive for a winning Kings season. :(

That South Park avatar takes me back; I need to see if I can find mine, for old time's sake.

Sigh.

Wow. As some have noted I do poke my head in here from time to time just to see how the place is faring, and I suppose if you do that long enough you are going to time skip around until people that you knew are gone. Just poked in and found a message, and...sigh.

There was a time here, literally decades ago, when for years VF21 and I were basically the only two active mods. This was before we recruited young whippersnappers like Slim and Warhawk and Cap'n. We conversed nearly daily, and I even wrote an op-ed for her little newspaper back in the day.

Would have been such a kindness for the Kings to have finally put together another winner for her. 15 years has punishing costs. Kids growing up have never seen them win. And how many of the most loyal fans from back in the day have been lost? My mom went last year, I still have her Bibbyduck and autographed Corliss picture. My godfather 2 years before that. Both season ticket holders in the day. Now Christine as well.

RIP VF21. Say hi to Coachie in a place where hopefully even the Kings always win.
Coachie as in Pete Carril? He's still alive. 91 years old.

Coachie as in Pete Carril? He's still alive. 91 years old.
I assumed this and wondered if I had missed news of his passing.

Anyways, I would like to attend another KF group game sometime although I am not sure if I'll be traveling this holiday season. Anyone talked about doing so this year and would it be appropriate to recognize Christine at the game if we did?

Utterly sad news - like many have said, I truly wish the Kings could've given VF21 just one playoff appearance as a reward for her constant positivity and never-ending dedication to this site.

Also like most, I didn't know VF21 personally, but wow: what a shining example in authentic positivity. She consistently found the silver lining - and optimism - in any situation... often despite all the evidence, expert opinions and data stating otherwise. Not blind optimism, no... the real deal - silver lining in any scenario. If her work on these message boards were any indication, she must have been an amazing human being in the real world. RIP!

origkds

What- Me Worry?
Sigh.

Geeez Brick, this got me whimpering and sniveling all over again.

We're down a Mod, know anybody?

Help me, Mr. Wizard/Drizzle Drazzle Drozzle Drone, time for this one to come home

She never really slapped me on the hand, but she did message me one time about things she knew as a relative insider, which were completely relevant to the subject under discussion, but which she didn't think should be publicly posted. Putting that sort of effort into community building is something I've rarely experienced from a mod, personally educating users rather than smacking them down, and it strongly influenced me as I moderated tens of thousands of users elsewhere. It required a lot of patience and considerably more work, so it's easy to see why mods don't all go that extra mile, and if you have enough users, moderating like that can really take over your life, leaving little time for anything else. Smallish though KF may be, it amazes me how long she was able to keep it up. We lost not just our collective mom, but also a pretty unique role model.