VF21

The news of her passing last summer was to say we as a community were heartbroken over the news. Myself as many here wondered how she was doing before the sad news.

I should be so lucky if I am as well thought of down the line. I read this forum everyday and every time when I come here I think of her and what she meant to us kings fans.

VF would have been absolutely been heartbroken over Tyrese but by jove she probably would have gotten a tattoo of Domantas by the end of the first quarter lol.

Hope she's enjoying this game wherever she is.
She was the ultimate team player - that's why she liked Vlade so much. If I'm a player and I'm picking fans, she's my number one draft pick every time and it's not even close. RIP Christine. We love you, and may God rest your soul.

I saw this thread when it first happened and was blown away. I was a member of this board until around 2018 and had MANY interactions with VF21, some good and some her scolding me for being a little too passionate.

That being said, this place just is not the same without her. She was the best fan out of all of us. Her never ending optimism was the lay of the land around here.

You are sorely missed VF, but I'm 100 you are watching this all unfold and wearing your "It's a Good Time To Be a Kings Fan" angel necklace right now.

Much respect Christine. This year is for you friend.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan!

By the recommendation of some of my fellow Kings fans (and KingsFans.com posters), I had to venture over and peruse this thread dedicated to VF21/Christine.

I wish I had been around on these boards throughout her existence, as it most certainly seems like she was a KINGS FAN like no other.

Christine, we may have never met before, but thanks to your KingsFans.com family, I now know, very well, the impact you had on their lives (both as a member of this community, as well as their lives outside of this community - it certainly feels like you touched many lives on a more personal level).

I give you my personal guarantee that I will do my part in continuing the tradition and values that you embedded on this forum, and in its many members who were fortunate to be in your presence.

Allow me, as a dedication/tribute to your endless support of OUR Kings, to borrow one of your quotes...

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

Last edited:
Wow, I know it's been so long since I've posted here. I wasn't expecting to read this or see when it was posted. As a NY (now CT)Sac Kings fan, this was my go-to place.
Christine was as positive as one could be. I'll never forget the time somebody didn't believe I got a selfie with Vivek & Vlade and they were like pics or it didn't happen. VF and I were Twitter friends and she posted it with why does she have to lie for?. If I'm not mistaken I was one of the people she sent @Ryan DVD's to.

May she watch these games with pride!
RIP VF21

Ryan

I like turtles
Wow, I know it's been so long since I've posted here. I wasn't expecting to read this or see when it was posted. As a NY (now CT)Sac Kings fan, this was my go-to place.
Christine was as positive as one could be. I'll never forget the time somebody didn't believe I got a selfie with Vivek & Vlade and they were like pics or it didn't happen. VF and I were Twitter friends and she posted it with why does she have to lie for?. If I'm not mistaken I was one of the people she sent @Ryan DVD's to.

May she watch these games with pride!
RIP VF21
You were! It started off with 20 or so contributing members, then I think we added an additional 25.

Let me start this out by saying

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

I don't post much on here anymore. But, reading all these comments that are still continuing for my Mom has just blown me away! Our family is still heartbroken over her loss. For those that asked, she had been sick for a couple of weeks (covid) and was just not getting better. In her true stubborn self, she did not go to the Dr. I talked to her the night before she passed and she sounded good. Said she was feeling better and even said to me "Not like I am knocking on deaths door or anything".
The next morning, I got the news she passed. She passed peacefully in her sleep, with her kitties by her side. They determined the cause of death to be pneumonia and heart failure.

Now on a positive note! She has been watching all season. I feel her presence during every game. Last night I swear she was sitting right next to me on the couch.
She would have LOVED Sabonis! She probably would be DS10 now instead of VF21. LOL. She would have loved Keegan. (I am sure he would have reminded her of Kevin Martin). She would be impressed with the defense of Mitchell and I am sure she would have been sporting a Monk band aid earlier in the year. And yes, she would have already dyed her hair purple. And she would have been MAD that Foxy had to go in to the All Star game as an alternate. I am sure he would have been a starter if she would have been able to vote. haha!

To everyone at Kingsfans, thanks for honoring my Mom and giving her a place of family. We come from a very small family and I know there are many folks on her that she considered her family!

I am going to have to start popping back in from time to time, This place is ROCKING right now!

Much love, Melanie and the little princesses (who at 19 and 17 are not so little anymore)

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

I don't post much on here anymore. But, reading all these comments that are still continuing for my Mom has just blown me away! Our family is still heartbroken over her loss. For those that asked, she had been sick for a couple of weeks (covid) and was just not getting better. In her true stubborn self, she did not go to the Dr. I talked to her the night before she passed and she sounded good. Said she was feeling better and even said to me "Not like I am knocking on deaths door or anything".
The next morning, I got the news she passed. She passed peacefully in her sleep, with her kitties by her side. They determined the cause of death to be pneumonia and heart failure.

Now on a positive note! She has been watching all season. I feel her presence during every game. Last night I swear she was sitting right next to me on the couch.
She would have LOVED Sabonis! She probably would be DS10 now instead of VF21. LOL. She would have loved Keegan. (I am sure he would have reminded her of Kevin Martin). She would be impressed with the defense of Mitchell and I am sure she would have been sporting a Monk band aid earlier in the year. And yes, she would have already dyed her hair purple. And she would have been MAD that Foxy had to go in to the All Star game as an alternate. I am sure he would have been a starter if she would have been able to vote. haha!

To everyone at Kingsfans, thanks for honoring my Mom and giving her a place of family. We come from a very small family and I know there are many folks on her that she considered her family!

I am going to have to start popping back in from time to time, This place is ROCKING right now!

Much love, Melanie and the little princesses (who at 19 and 17 are not so little anymore)
All our love, thoughts, and prayers to you and the family. Thanks for sharing her with us. And thanks for this post. I think you are absolutely correct. :)

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

My goodness this made me tear up. God Bless you all

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

@Kingsgirl4 -

Being one of this forum's newest members (I joined last year), I never had the opportunity to interact with and get to know your mom. But, as I said in an earlier comment, I've learned everything that I need to know about her through others on this forum, and from reading previous messages in this thread.

It is clear as day that your mom was as passionate of a Kings fan as there was out there (maybe even the most passionate Kings fan in history). The best I can do for you, your family and, most importantly, your mom, is to give you my personal guarantee that I will do my part in continuing the tradition and values that your mom embedded on this forum, and in its many members who were fortunate to be in her presence.

Allow me, as a dedication/tribute to your mom's endless support of OUR Kings, to borrow one of her quotes...

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

While you and I never (never online, but we were good IRL) got along I am sad to see you passed. I knew you for 20 years and met you a few times. We were always friendly in person but for some reason when it came to the forum we both pretty much at each other's throats. It all started with Tyreke Evans, but the guy actually grew on me and soured for you so it was kind of funny that where were started we both did a 180 and still found a way to argue about him in the end but for opposite reasons.

We both started posting here at pretty much the same time. in the Summer of 2001 and we both were here for the great years when this place was an echo chamber of Kings love. Anyway, it's been about 4 years since I have posted but I saw you had passed and wanted to at least say something, even though we didn't like each other's forum persona but were cool IRL.

Last edited:
Wow..... I'm so sad to hear this about Christine. I was a longtime member of this forum from 1999-ish to I'm not sure.....around 2006 or 07 I'm guessing? Very active on here. Been a very long time since I last posted! But I thought I'd check in for a sec now and this is the first post I saw. Christine was the nicest lady and she and I spoke often back then. We even attended a game together with another gal on here. I'm so sorry she has passed away and I know how happy she'd be right now with our guys making the playoffs now.

I decided to visit after a long time because of how exciting it is to see the Kings winning playoff games. Watching last night, I thought about a lot of the old timers, and of course VF21 came to mind. I didn't expect to see this thread, though. Very, very sorry to read this news. VF21 was an awesome fan. My condolences to her family, physical relatives and online brethren. She is and will continue to be missed.