Tony Delk, anyone?

Definitely. I like Delk's game. I had him on my list of guys I wanted the Kings to trade for, but scrapped that because the deadline passed. Hart just hasn't worked out.

Why would you pass on Delk, Mitch? Too bad for the "TDM award" just change it to the KK (Kings Killer) award. :)

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sure, why not? We know him, he knows us.

But its not really much of a difference making move. Right now actually our backup PG is Cisco. And we'll have to see here because the Lakers wised up and starting really pressing and trapping us, but he had been doing fine there when teamed with Artest to give us another ballhandler.

BTW, we can't just drop Hart because he's signed through next year. We'd probably just move Price to the inactive list and Hart to the 12th man spot.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
loopymitch said:
Then we'd have to change the name of the TDM! I'll pass.
Actually, we wouldnt have to change the name.

Even though he'd be a King, it wouldnt change the fact he dropped 52 on us.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Sure, why not? We know him, he knows us.

But its not really much of a difference making move. Right now actually our backup PG is Cisco. And we'll have to see here because the Lakers wised up and starting really pressing and trapping us, but he had been doing fine there when teamed with Artest to give us another ballhandler.

BTW, we can't just drop Hart because he's signed through next year. We'd probably just move Price to the inactive list and Hart to the 12th man spot.
You think Hart will pick up his option? I think he can get a better deal than that on the market.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
SacTownKid said:
You think Hart will pick up his option? I think he can get a better deal than that on the market.
What team in their right mind would give Jason Hart anything over the veteran minimum?

Honestly, now.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SLAB said:
What team in their right mind would give Jason Hart anything over the veteran minimum?

Honestly, now.
There are teams out there who are obviously not in their right mind.....coughKnickscough. :p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
6th said:
There are teams out there who are obviously not in their right mind.....coughKnickscough. :p
I almost thought about throwing an Isiah Thomas refrence in there...But there's a few things that don't qualify Hart to be a Knick.

One: He's not a superstar well past his prime, is rapidly declining in skill level, but can still demand the whole mid-level exception.

Two: He hasn't shown any reason that he is going to change his ways, ala Jerome James' four best games of his career against us.

Three: He's not already being hideously overpaid...New York is the land of the dumped contract.

Kings113 said:
Why? People who are against getting Delk, at least explain why instead of just "No.".
Because getting him serves NO purpose. I would rather give back up PG minutes to Garcia and have Hart as the 3rd PG and address the issue in summer. Getting crappy scrap pieces like Delk serves no purpose. He doesn't make us better. He doesn't have any impact on our fortunes but we spend the money on him.

I would rather give the kids a go than get a below average veteran who is not an impact player. I would rather play Price than get Delk.

We already have more players than we are willing to play so why get another player that we would likely sit on the inactive list. It makes no sense what so ever.

How is Delk a "crap scrap piece" (LOL)? How does he serve no purpose? How can you say he wouldn't help us, if he hasn't played with us? It'd cost the vet. mininum. He'd help our bench scoring and give us experience, along with being solid defensively. Hart wouldn't play or would be placed on the inactive list.

There'd still be a bunch of minutes for Garcia, Rick wouldn't play Price unless it's GT or the ball-handling guards are totally sucking. Rick wouldn't sit Delk on the inactive list because he's a vet and has proven he can play in the league, plus he would of just been signed to a contract.

I still say he'd be worth a spot on the roster and minutes, better than Hart. Who I even defended because he was new with the team and was patient with him, but has only shown something a handful of times on the season. Disappointing.

Last edited:
If he is so bloody good then can either of you tell me why was he rotting away on the inactive list for a team that crying out for any sort of PG. And I really mean CRYING out for anything resembling a PG.

Fact is he is not good and he doesn't make any sort of difference. If we are contemplating picking up Delk then we are well and truly ****ed.

seems like he's best available point guard we can get so yeah why not...

he played here before, id say go for him but i doubt we'd get him.. but yeah who knows?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He's not good enough for the Kings...

He's not good enough for the Hawks...

Yet he's expected to be the newest member of the 40+ win Pistons...Pretty good for a worthless scrap piece.

Pistons Expected To Add Delk25th February, 2006 - 12:01 pm
MLive.com - Joe Dumars, is expected to add another player, ex-Atlanta Hawks guard Tony Delk.

Delk, who was waived by the Hawks on Friday, has to remain on the waiver wire for two days before the Pistons can claim him. If no team claims him by then, he can then sign with any team he wants - with the Pistons appearing to be his most likely choice.

The only thing that might stand in the way of the 32-year-old Delk becoming a Piston is if one of the teams far enough under the salary cap, or one with a large enough trade exception, chooses to pick up Delk - and the remainder of his $2.925 million contract this season -within the next two business days. Only two teams (Atlanta and Charlotte) are far enough under the cap to pick up Delk's contract, andthe Bobcats have no interest in acquiring him. [READ]
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39348/20060225/pistons_expected_to_add_delk/

if we know and RA knows we aren't going to make the PO. adelman should play the kids at least 1 full quarter. garcia, kmart, monya and price. i haven't seen price play at all....

SLAB said:
He's not good enough for the Kings...

He's not good enough for the Hawks...

Yet he's expected to be the newest member of the 40+ win Pistons...Pretty good for a worthless scrap piece.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39348/20060225/pistons_expected_to_add_delk/
You mean worthless crap scrap piece. ;)

I thought of the Pistons last night, having only Lindsey Hunter and a couple other ball-handlers... and now will be picking him up, it seems. Well, he'd definitely be a solid signing for them, could fill that spot like they had with Mike James (another combo guard) in 2004 for their title run. Shame that we probably don't go after him, he would be a nice addition for our bench and PG spot.

BTW Mitch, the Hawks didn't play him because he was injured the first month 1/2 of the season, then got healthy and in shape, and still wasn't played because he didn't fit into their rotation and plans (the youth).

Price played in the past two games, both in garbage-time. We'll know whether we're still in the hunt for the playoffs of any kind, after this road-trip.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Tony Delk last year:

23.9min 11.9pts (.416 .356 .757) 2.3reb 1.9ast 0.8stl 0.1blk

Delk is what he's been -- solid combo guard vet. Good pickup for the Pistons if they get him. Didn't play for the Hawks this year because he seemed to have developed an attitude about the direction of the Hawks franchise. Imagine that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Along with the fact that, contrary to BMiller52's opinion, he's not actually a point guard... Delk is an undersized SG, and the Hawks have enough trouble finding minutes for the players that are ahead of Delk at that position. Delk can defend most PGs, but he can't play PG on offense, because he doesn't think like a PG.