[Game] Kings vs. Suns, 12/27/20 6PM PST, 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you are The Effort Police! How can you sign off on such an operation? :p
My username goes back to the DMC-Rudy Gay days where a million people thought they were the premier judges of how hard a player was playing. It's ridiculing that mindset.

I didn't talk about tanking much last year even after it was a lost season because I just assumed Vlade would blow it regardless.

wow. total collapse.
Shots are short. They're toasted. Another downside of playing players short stints is you are taking their warm up from hot to cold, to hot, back to cold. They are basically on a yo yo. I can't remember which coach in the Kings carousel of the last 15 years did this but we saw this some number of years ago with similar short term success and long term burn out.

Suns pushed out on defense and got more physical in the 2H. The more aggressive team won. All good. Play another day.
The Kings were punched out and couldn't swing back. Monty started doing what any coach watching is going to do. Simply middle pick and roll, dish back out, rinse repeat. The opponents legs will go full rubber sooner and sooner each game.

Suns pushed out on defense and got more physical in the 2H. The more aggressive team won. All good. Play another day.
Yeah definitely. By all counts, this is the Kings team we didn't expect to get, even with the high hopes of our rookies and general direction our GM seems to be pushing. I like the overall effort and how disruptive they have been in the first 3 games. Gotta have short term memory as an athlete and move onto the next game.

Shots are short. They're toasted. Another downside of playing players short stints is you are taking their warm up from hot to cold, to hot, back to cold. They are basically on a yo yo. I can't remember which coach in the Kings carousel of the last 15 years did this but we saw this some number of years ago with similar short term success and long term burn out.
Just think the Suns got physical on the Kings. Gave them a taste of their own medicine and it threw off their rythm.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Some thoughts;

Haliburton is legit.

Really hope Fox can bring the consistency.

Whiteside still needs to play more.

Bagley is still disappointing.

Trade the vets and tank it!

Bench got destroyed and the Kings didn’t get a big game from any of their starters

Stretch In the third with turnovers and second chance opportunities for the Suns broke the Kings back.

Fox was tired. Rushed out of rhythm shots on fast breaks, and lost his body control sometime in the second quarter. Hopefully that’s just a result of it being the only real back to back to this point. Booker and Paul were a little slow too but Bridges and their bench had a lot of energy,

Whiteside and Bjeli seemed slow too.

Haliburton had the best game for the Kings.

Just think the Suns got physical on the Kings. Gave them a taste of their own medicine and it threw off their rythm.
Partly but Monty Williams and his staff deserve credit. They played the long game and kept the Kings on a string with the drive and dish. The Kings are relying on run outs where the only even marginal success came with them playing at an unsustainable energy level. It's like setting a land speed record. Yeah, you might get it and walk away once or twice, but go for it every day and you're going to burn up, guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.