Superhero Draft - team write-ups and post-draft rankings to be done

I suggest that we pause the draft once Prophetess makes her first selection. That would make it fair for anyone who is joining the draft, as they would be after her anyway without taking her 1st pick thunder. I will put the names of the new recuits into the randomizer to determine their draft positons. Mad D, GGG, Larry89, and Bricklayer are all added to the draft, putting us at 14. 2 more would give the draft a full roster of 16...

So pick away Venom + Prophetess...This is really fun so far:)!

Last edited:
Looks like I've been drafted to take part in this :D (Working on someone to be a co-owner or superhero draft equivalent so it is less drafting to do if that is okay).

Welcome guys and gals. So we now have at least 4 new members. Mad D, GoGoGadget, Bricklayer, and Larry89 have agreed to join in on the fun too. I will set their draft order soon (using the randomizer for fairness purposes), but I want to see if there will be any more add-ons to bring the roster to a full 16 drafters. Venom_7 is still on the clock...

Utterly bummed ... I had a whole team built around him ... a mentor to make him "care" and everything. Seriously thought the whole "naked blue guy not giving a darn about the fate of the world" would make him slip to round 2.

Shucks.
I wasn't so much worried about that aspect since, in the Watchmen backstory, Jon Osterman had served the U.S. military and as a member of the Crimebusters team for long periods of time. It took a couple of decades for him to reach the apathetic and detached state we find him in during the post-mask present time of the story. I drafted the version that was still engaged with humanity. ;)

I suggest that we pause the draft once Prophetess makes her first selection. That would make it fair for anyone who is joining the draft, as they would be after her anyway without taking her 1st pick thunder. I will put the names of the new recuits into the randomizer to determine their draft positons. Mad D, GGG, Larry89, and Bricklayer are all added to the draft, putting us at 14. 2 more would give the draft a full roster of 16...

So pick away Venom + Prophetess...This is really fun so far:)!
Jespher - Not really sure how well I would do :eek:. But throw me in for the fun of it.

Maybe I can convince kingsnation to be my villian team's counterpart, since it doesn't seem like he is in that thread. It would keep things balanced.

So with KingsNation that brings the hero roster to 15 drafters. Just need 1 more for a full draft. Lets get the word out and fill this draft!

Here's who is up for the Superhero Draft so far:

Jespher
Spike
Vikinginferno
Prophetess
NME
Venom_7
Gerald Wallace#3
Löwenherz
bdouble013
AlexandarN

The New Recruits:

Bricklayer
GoGoGadget
Mad D
Larry89
Kingsnation

Still room for 1 person. Who will join us?

Last edited:
I had a whole team built around Dr. Manhattan, being that he can make ANY supervillian you throw at him not exist. Not kill them by any means, just erase them.

SO since NMA is living up to his name, its time for a back up plan.
Luckily, she can do the same things that Dr. Manhattan can do.

My Pick:

Pheonix [Jean Gray] - Xmen

Phoenix is an Omega-level mutant. Jean Grey-Summers is one of the most powerful mutants who ever lived. She has great control over her incredibly powerful telepathic and telekinetic abilities. After the Phoenix Force became one with its true heart and soul in the human form of Jean Grey, whose mind serves as a nexus point for all realities, Phoenix was able to tap into the vast powers from the sum of all life (the Phoenix Force); hence, her own powers were augmented to an unimaginable level and she became capable of controlling and wielding the incredible powers of the Phoenix Force. She can create and control flames at will (Cosmic Pyrokinesis), as well as control matter, energy, and thoughts completely. She also can resurrect herself after death. Please note that Phoenix is able to generate cosmic flames which are not dependent on oxygen. Her fire and flames are created either through cosmic energy or by her ability to stimulate molecules which generates heat. Therefore, Phoenix can manifest fire independent of her environment even under seemingly impossible conditions such as underwater or in the vacuum of space.

No known weaknesses.

Thing is, she's kind of nuts. Honestly though, she is unconquerable.
Also, this is not the movie version. Just an fyi.

well venom, you really are poisonous. guess I'll go with my backup:

Pre Eclipse Peter Petrelli:

To date, Peter had conclusively duplicated the abilities of:

Precognitive dreaming
Flight
Precognition
Space-time manipulation
Rapid cell regeneration
Telepathy
Invisibility
Telekinesis
Induced radioactivity
Enhanced strength
Phasing
Electric manipulation
Pyrokinesis
Intuitive aptitude
Super speed

He has the potential for more having already been exosed to them.

Plus he doesn't have to touch them, just be near them. Also no nasty personality side effect. He's also a nurse! For more: http://heroeswiki.com/Peter_Petrelli

Attachments

Last edited:
And another blow to my list:)...Peter Petrelli is a true hero as he sees the innate goodness in the world, and fights to protect those who cannot defend themselves (hospice patients, hunted heroes, etc.). His true powers come from his empathy, a very noble quality indeed...Man, what a great 1st round so far everyone! The draft is now paused, hopefully we can get one more drafter to put the draft at 16 members. Meanwhile I thought I would share my son's favorite superhero. He's 19 months old and is a big Raffi fan, and wants to watch this video over and over again...

[yt=Joshua Giraffe]zl_4FPESM8Y[/yt]

Last edited:
Full Roster

Hurray! No Bonus has offered to join this draft, making it a full roster of 16 drafters. I'm very exited:D. I set the rest of the draft order with the randomizer...and here are the results

11. Larry89
12. Bricklayer
13. GoGoGadget
14. NoBonus
15. Mad D
16. Kingsnation

I'll send a PM...Larry 89 is on the clock!

Last edited:
And another blow to my list:)...Peter Petrelli is a true hero as he sees the innate goodness in the world, and fights to protect those who cannot defend themselves (hospice patients, hunted heroes, etc.). His true powers come from his empathy, a very noble quality indeed...Man, what a great 1st round so far everyone!
And if these people are going to be on an island with me and my family, I want someone like him whom I think we'll be able to get along with. Plus, his loyalty to family and friends makes him my favorite. :D

Precognitive dreaming
Flight
Precognition
Space-time manipulation
Rapid cell regeneration
Telepathy
Invisibility
Telekinesis
Induced radioactivity
Enhanced strength
Phasing
Electric manipulation
Pyrokinesis
Intuitive aptitude
Super speed

Plus he doesn't have to touch them, just be near them. Also no nasty personality side effect. He's also a nurse! For more: http://heroeswiki.com/Peter_Petrelli
Great pick!

He was one of 2 I was considering for my 1st rounder.

I had a whole team built around Dr. Manhattan, being that he can make ANY supervillian you throw at him not exist. Not kill them by any means, just erase them.

You just took my next choice, so you can take some solace in that. :p

Luckily, she can do the same things that Dr. Manhattan can do.

My Pick:

Pheonix [Jean Gray] - Xmen

Phoenix is an Omega-level mutant. Jean Grey-Summers is one of the most powerful mutants who ever lived. She has great control over her incredibly powerful telepathic and telekinetic abilities. After the Phoenix Force became one with its true heart and soul in the human form of Jean Grey, whose mind serves as a nexus point for all realities, Phoenix was able to tap into the vast powers from the sum of all life (the Phoenix Force); hence, her own powers were augmented to an unimaginable level and she became capable of controlling and wielding the incredible powers of the Phoenix Force. She can create and control flames at will (Cosmic Pyrokinesis), as well as control matter, energy, and thoughts completely. She also can resurrect herself after death. Please note that Phoenix is able to generate cosmic flames which are not dependent on oxygen. Her fire and flames are created either through cosmic energy or by her ability to stimulate molecules which generates heat. Therefore, Phoenix can manifest fire independent of her environment even under seemingly impossible conditions such as underwater or in the vacuum of space.

No known weaknesses.

Thing is, she's kind of nuts. Honestly though, she is unconquerable.
Also, this is not the movie version. Just an fyi.
Oh, she has a weakness as a superhero...

Precognitive dreaming
Flight
Precognition
Space-time manipulation
Rapid cell regeneration
Telepathy
Invisibility
Telekinesis
Induced radioactivity
Enhanced strength
Phasing
Electric manipulation
Pyrokinesis
Intuitive aptitude
Super speed

The only power Peter Petrelli lacks is.... name recognition.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You're only a threat because I'm pretty certain you already know who my first pick is going to be.
I do?

Hrmmm...

I can think of 3 right off the top of my head that could be possible, and that's before we even take into account heroes that I would not know about because of my profound (and intentional) ignorance of comic books.

But tell ya what, if I DO figure it out I'll be sure to take them for you, k? ;)

You just took my next choice, so you can take some solace in that. :p
Seems like we were building the same team so far =]

And NoBonus, when Jean Gray is Pheonix, she can not die. Therefore, she has no weakness. Unless you are talking about some sort of emotion. I'm not talking about Xmen the movie here.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I Shall take...

Dr. Strange.

Powers
Doctor Strange is one of the most powerful sorcerers in existence. Like most sorcerers, he draws his power from three primary sources: the invocation of powerful mystic entities or objects, the manipulation of the universe's ambient magical energy, and his own psychic resources. Strange's magical repertoire includes energy projection and manipulation, matter transformation, animation of inanimate objects, teleportation, illusion-casting, mesmerism, thought projection, astral projection, dimensional travel, time travel and mental possession, to name a few. The full range of his abilities is unknown. Doctor Strange's powers are sometimes less effective against strictly science-based opponents, although he can overcome this limitation with effort.

Abilities
Doctor Strange is a skilled athlete and martial artist with substantial medical and magical knowledge. Though an expert surgeon, Strange's nerve-damaged hands prevent him from performing surgery except when supplemented by magic.

Last edited: