Sixers vs. Lakers (3/15)

Sixers put another hurtin' on the Lakers (since Lakers lost last night). AI had a marvelously efficient game. CWebb may as well be KThomas in the Sixers offense (it's a tad frustrating to me).

Sixers will certainly be cheering for the Kings tonight --- if Orlando loses tonight, Sixers are only 1/2 game out of the 8th spot (and playoffs are really all the Sixers can hope for at this point).

Kobe with another forgettable game, this time in his old stomping grounds.

I know the game is pretty much over since I just checked NBA.com, but since the game is delayed here in South California, the game is in the 2nd quarter. I usually don't want to watch any games involving the Lakers unless they're playing against the Kings, but I just want to see Chris Webber.

i watched like the first half and then tuned out after halftime...seemed like the sixers were playing pretty well

maybe all it took was for them to get EMBARASSED in Toronto the other night to shake everyone up EVEN the coach...we shall see

xrzn said:
I know the game is pretty much over since I just checked NBA.com, but since the game is delayed here in South California, the game is in the 2nd quarter. I usually don't want to watch any games involving the Lakers unless they're playing against the Kings, but I just want to see Chris Webber.
No reason to watch this game, then...you won't see much of CWebb.

captain bill said:
just looking at the stat line, im guessing webber got a few more boos tonight
Not from my understanding --- Sixers were winning, so no boos for anyone in a Philly uniform tonight. Crowd had Kobe to hate tonight, and AI's great play to cheer.

Man poor c-webb, I feal really bad for him. 5 points tonight, limited play, gets no touches due to some random ballhog (who also happens to lead the league in scoring..and shots ;)). And he's getting boo'ed!

Actually, Chris played well tonight if you watched the game....well, other than not shooting great. He created a number of shots for other people, played pretty good D and rebounded well (considering Daly eats up a lot of boards). 5 points is pretty glaring for him (he did only take 8 shots) but he did add 5 assists, a steal and 2 blocks. And I thought the 5 assist number seemed low as his passes often led to open shots or to people getting fouled close to the hoop.

Anyways, just wanted to say that Chris didn't get booed because he really played ok tonight.

Bryant said he loved playing in Philadelphia , even though he's always booed. "If I played here, they'd love it with the Philly attitude I have."

Gotta love his quote, all the money and B-Ball talent in the world; and I've got more street cred than this guy...

Gotta Run! SpongeBob is back on!

Unless maybe he means 'I too love to jack up shots, while my teammates look on helplessly.' Secretly, I pray for the day when Billy King starts swinging some serious deals and changes basketball forever...

ULTIMATE BASKETBALL! 5 Men, 5 Balls, No Passing!

PF: Webber
SF: Walker
C: Shaq
SG: Bryant
PG: Iverson

Fire Obie, and let Carmelo coach this squad.

First team to 200 points wins!

Not so fast...

APG:

AI: 7.7
KB: 6.4
C-Webb (Since Trade): 3.0
Shaq: 2.9
Walker: 2.8

All things considered it was a joke, but I simply tried to compile a list if guys who aren't altogether that effevtive without the ball in their hands + who put up almost 18-22 shots/game.

I'd be really interested to see O'Brien run the offense through Chris instead of AI, because cleary what he's doing now isn't working for them. And it's like so many people (including Webber) have said, 'It isn't like he forgot how to play basketball overnight.' I feel bad for Chris, but at the same time with each poor performance he puts up on Philly, I feel better and better about the pieces we recieved in return.

It does however, go to show that players aren't solely responsible for the way that a game is played out, it's the 'system' too. And as an aside, for all of those Adelman haters out there - You'd be hard pressed to find a better leader for the group of Kings we put out on the floor every night.

Pollardo! said:
ULTIMATE BASKETBALL! 5 Men, 5 Balls, No Passing!

PF: Webber
SF: Walker
C: Shaq
SG: Bryant
PG: Iverson

Fire Obie, and let Carmelo coach this squad.

First team to 200 points wins!
Actually, all 5 of those guys are are great passers. It's just that they are all supestars (except Walker) and need the ball to put up their points.

Does anyone know how serious AI's first quarter thumb injury is? I've heard he is now listed as day-to-day. Maybe with Iverson out it will give Webb a chance to improve? Well anyway I'm just glad the Sixers won, and CWebb had a decent game though low on the points he created some good plays and had 11 rebounds. GOOD LUCK SIXERS!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
slugking50 said:
EmKingsFan4 said:
Does anyone know how serious AI's first quarter thumb injury is? I've heard he is now listed as day-to-day. [/QUOTE]

AI has a broken pice of bone on the tip of his thumb.
He is to be fitted with a cast of some kind and is listed as day-to-day. If O'Brien has any sense, which I have not seen, he will change his offense while AI is out and run the plays through CWebb. The other players better be ready for Chris' passes though.