[Game] Preseason Kings vs. Suns, 10/4/21 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (Kings.com)

Hey all! Missed the game don’t have the time currently to read the the thread all I care about is how was the defense? ( if you wanna throw some O info in there I wouldn’t be mad haha )

please and thank you very much :)

hmm I’m curious if our goal is to gas out opposing guards with our depth. We could he really aggressive and then utilize our speed in the 4th

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

The most impressive thing about Davion's defense is that once his guy passes the ball away for a reset, he absolutely refuses to let him get the ball back. It's the thing that makes Kawhi perhaps the most impressive perimeter defender of this century and Davion does the same exact thing.
no love for Ron Ron? He was a menace in his Indiana days

Yeah I don't think it was as much about his on-court impact as it was his off. He honestly wasn't even that good the first part of the year just played "hard". But I distinctly remember the entire team just being flat out sad for like 2 weeks afterwards and that absolutely showed on the court.
It was his shooting that dropped off. I believe he went from something like 38% beyond the arc to around 25% once his play dropped off.

The most impressive thing about Davion's defense is that once his guy passes the ball away for a reset, he absolutely refuses to let him get the ball back. It's the thing that makes Kawhi perhaps the most impressive perimeter defender of this century and Davion does the same exact thing.
Imagine the close games we're going to win now as a result of this happening late in ball games. Between this defense, Haliburton's poised demeanor and Fox' clutch ability, we're going to be a headache for many teams.