[Game] Preseason Kings @ Suns 10/12/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would of gotten blown out by the same Suns starters that lost to the 36ers? A team that is one of the worst in the Australian Basketball League, a league that is also ranked 10th in the world outside of the NBA. The Euroleague, Spanish league, Turkish League, and most of the other big European leagues are better than the Australian National Basketball League.

Stuff happens in the NBA, and sometimes those bench players will play like it's the NBA finals because it could literally be their last chance. We still won in the end, and we still blew both the Lakers and the Blazers out of the water by 30 points with their starters. But I guess they don't count.
I think we can all agree that the only minutes that count are the ones we can use to show how terrible this team is.

Hopefully this is where our new coach comes in. Last year we had Luke "sleep coaching".

Mike seems pretty quick to call a TO and lay into guys who aren't bringing it, so maybe we don't have as much of that signature Kings listlessness this upcoming season!
Yup. Luke wanted to be Phil Jackson so bad

I wonder if he's truly committed to KZ as an opener/kick-starter if we'll see Keegan replace Barnes in the starting lineup a dozen or so games in. I think coach might also just be looking at the opening 10-12 games of the season knowing we've been dealt a tough hand to start when it comes to this as well. No doubt Murray could start - but if KZ isn't just a pre-season ruse, the idea that it will be a Murray for Barnes swap makes sense long term if it doesn't insult Barnes, who I still wouldn't mind keeping if he'll sign a team friendly deal again (I think he won't but ???).
I don't think he names HB as a surefire starter, alongside Fox and Sabonis, if he's contemplating replacing him in the starting lineup.

The squad is somewhat interesting, I think the "role players" are good enough for a top 8 seed it will be interesting to see if Fox/Sabonis can take the role players that far. Roster is decently assembled only thing I would have liked is a another SF who is a fringe starter level.

Status
Not open for further replies.