**PRAYER THREAD** (merged)

My thoughts go out to you and your co-workers 6th... It will never make sense because nothing senseless ever does, but hopefully the collective thoughts and prayers and strength of everyone can help everyone get through this difficult time.

:(

I'd like to ask for prayers for my bil's grandfather. He's currently in the hospital in very serious condition. His daughter/my bil's mom can't make it out here until tomorrow. I'm praying the emergency surgery they're doing today can help him either get well or hang on until his daughter can see him. :(

My father had a heart attack and passed away last Thursday. He was only 57 years young. It was unexpected and nothing can ever prepare one for something like this.

I'm not too concerned for my self (I'm an emotional mess, but I have to be strong for my little ones), but if you could send a prayer his way and one for my mom that would be great.

I love my KF.com family, the best bunch of people on the internet.

My heart goes out to you vj9999. I will, of course, send prayers out for your entire family. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

I was a wreck a couple months ago when my father had a sudden quadruple bypass op. I can not fathom what you are going through.

I agree, KF is special.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
That is so sad, vj9999, and my condolences go out to you and all who grieve because of this loss. Prayers of comfort for your mom and all who loved him, and may he rest in peace.

Thanks Everyone. One good thing about all this is to see how much people care. People that you don'see regulary, not even on a yearly basis are making themsleves available and trying to help anyway they can.

I just found out today that my great-aunt has breast cancer. (You remember her, 6th?) She's 86 and probably won't undergo treatment. She already said that she will not have any chemo as she saw how hard it was on her sister (my grandma). She's going to have a body scan to see if it's anywhere else before making any decision.

She's at peace with whatever is to come, so for that I am grateful. She lives up here in Carmichael in an assisted living home and I go see her every weekend. I would also appreciate prayers for me so I can help her in whatever she decides to do and for my family as they are down south and feeling a bit helpless. Since my mom went through this a few years ago she has been talking to the doctors and will be coming up here to help when needed.

Thanks.

(Well...since it's on both sides of my family, I better get myself checked out, huh?)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
First to answer the getting checked out part. HECK YES!! BTW - Pat was just released by her cancer surgeon. She has now passed the magic 5 year mark.

Yes, hoopsie, I do remember meeting your aunt. Sorry to hear of her cancer. I will not be surprised if, at 86 years of age, she decides to forego treatment. It certainly can be very hard on anyone, but moreso on the elderly.

I pray that she makes the right decision for herself, and that you (and the rest of your family) have the courage to support her, no matter what she chooses. You are in my prayers, friend.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My heartfelt prayers for you and your aunt, hoopsie. You know you have friends here if you need someone to talk to.

Thoughts and prayers for your Aunt, Hoops. For you and your family, too.

Do get checked regularly. My grandmother, mother and two aunts had breast cancer later in life. Fortunately, none of them died of breast cancer. I get regular mammograms, tho.

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of my coworker Ed. He lost his battle with cancer on Sunday. Please pray for his family. Ed was a Veteran.