**PRAYER THREAD** (merged)

My prayers are with them all. Is her sister able to help her her out any?

They were talking on the phone while we were driving home yesterday and they were able to piece some things together. It's all very surreal. There are many holes that need to be filled in. Once she can get his phone charged up ...maybe she can find out more.

Thanks for the prayers and concern everyone.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd like to ask for prayers for my mom as she goes through a tough time emotionally. I know she could use the strength of your prayers.

Thank you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
UPDATE: Without going into a lot of details, I'll simply report that the power of prayer worked. Things are going to be fine for my mom...and I firmly believe your thoughts and prayers had something to do with it.

Bless you all.

I'm asking for prayers for my father. He's been in the hospital since Friday and is scheduled for a quadruple bypass this week. I knew it was serious when he called the doctor, as he's one of those, "it's just heartburn" kind of guys.

I will be heading down Wednesday morning...for, I don't know how long. I know my mom is scared, no matter how strong she tries to be on the phone.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You have my sincere thoughts and prayers also, hoopsie. I've known three people in the past year or so who've gone through multiple-bypass surgery and they're all doing extremely well. I'm praying your dad's results are just as good.

We just found out last night that my mother in law is going in for surgery. The found something on one of her scans, and they have to biopsy. We're hoping it's not cancerous. Please add her to your prayers.

Just an update on my dad...

He had his surgery (quadruple bypass) this morning and came through it just fine. There was some excessive bleeding, but he had been on blood thinners all week because the blockages were so severe...but he's doing well. We got to go in and see him in ICU. He's on a ventilator and hooked up to all sorts of machines...but his color looked real good and his vitals were good and stable. His nurse said they should have him up and in a chair tomorrow when we go back to see him.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. It means a lot.

I've been up since 3:30 this morning and I'm pretty beat...so, I'll be turning in early tonight. Thanks again.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
That's great, hoopsie. Prayers for total healing will continue for him.

Proph, prayers also continue for your mother-in-law. How is she doing?

She came through the procedure great yesterday, we won't know until next Friday what the results are.

Hoops- I'm glad your dad came through ok. I'll continue with my prayers.

Excellent news, Proph!! Thanks for the update.

Update on my dad:

He went home Wednesday. He's doing pretty good and getting his appitite back slowly. Everything he does is exhausting to him, but he's definately on the mend. :)
I've been calling daily since I returned home...checking on both my dad and my mom. I think last night was her first good night's sleep in about 2 weeks. At least she doesn't have to drive back and forth to the hospital anymore. (It's an hour each way)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Update on my dad:

He went home Wednesday. He's doing pretty good and getting his appitite back slowly. Everything he does is exhausting to him, but he's definately on the mend. :)
I've been calling daily since I returned home...checking on both my dad and my mom. I think last night was her first good night's sleep in about 2 weeks. At least she doesn't have to drive back and forth to the hospital anymore. (It's an hour each way)