Potential Free agent/trade/sign tracker

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's kind like the Kris Murray being mocked to us all the time. It works, but it's pretty lazy analysis. It's just pointing to Green's history with Brown and the Kings needing a defensive lynchpin. And just something to write/talk about as there isn't another option Green would go to outside of GS
But I thought Draymond was gonna go to Dallas to form a superteam with Kyrie, Lebron, and Luka.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

CHA beat throwing this idea out there.

Little PJW S&T for HB S&T?
I have absolutely no idea why Charlotte would hamstring their own rebuild by bringing in HB while Gordon Hayward is already eating up their cap room but sure I’d do it. Maybe I’d ask for them to throw in Nick Richard or one of their half dozen young big prospects collecting dust as Mitch seems determined to draft at least two every single year while I’m at it.

I really think the guy we need to look into is Bruce Brown if Barnes doesn't come back. Slide Keegan to the 4 and play Brown at the 3. Great defender, improved shooter, much improved straight line driver and plays with a chip on his shoulder.
He would be a fantastic fit but it's hard to imagine he leaves Denver

I don't think they can afford him.

I would also think he wants to win so I think we could probably get him if we really wanted to

You're right, apparently the best the Nuggets can do is $7.7mm on a 1+1 because of CBA rules.

I'd expect him to chew into a lot of Davion's minutes. If we added Brown + Sasha + brought back HB on a reasonable deal I'd call that a successful off-season.

We'd also then have pieces with Davion Jones and Slawson to go hunting for that big defensive wing, whether this off-season or into next year.

https://milehighsports.com/nuggets-...r-option-will-become-unrestricted-free-agent/

dude12

Hall of Famer
Interesting article. All the talk about using the cap space to take on a contract in a trade rather than to sign a free agent makes me wonder if the reason the Dallas deal isn’t complete yet is because Dallas is essentially the third team in a deal between the Kings and another team that is still being worked out.
Been thinking the same thing…..John Collins

Interesting article. All the talk about using the cap space to take on a contract in a trade rather than to sign a free agent makes me wonder if the reason the Dallas deal isn’t complete yet is because Dallas is essentially the third team in a deal between the Kings and another team that is still being worked out.
Mentioned nearly the same thing in another thread. Was told Holmes hasn't taken physical. But I was also thinking in terms of keeping the Kings as a over the cap team for the duration of the transaction. Keeping the full MLE available.

I’m actually high on John Collins but l don’t know if Atlanta will unload him for cap space and second rounders or if they will hold out for a bit longer

yeah, this just really sticks out in my head. I think going to stick out in Brown and Monte's head. With this likely being our last real opportunity to acquire or sign core pieces around Fox and Domas, I don't know if we're going to make that bet on HB
I also think HB lost a noticeable step last year. He’s still a good starting Forward, but I think we’ve already seen our team’s limit with him as a core piece.

I also think HB lost a noticeable step last year. He’s still a good starting Forward, but I think we’ve already seen our team’s limit with him as a core piece.
Yeah and Keegan pretty much does everything he does already, outside of the random once every 16 game stretch where he decides he wants to go shoot 8 FTA in a game. And we're hoping that's the next step Keegan takes; having confidence in his on-ball scoring game and getting to the foul line more. Guys like Josh Hart and Bruce Brown aren't as talented of scorers, but they fill a direct needs on the team that we don't have with anyone else. Or at least reliable until we see how guys like Edwards and Jones develop.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah and Keegan pretty much does everything he does already, outside of the random once every 16 game stretch where he decides he wants to go shoot 8 FTA in a game. And we're hoping that's the next step Keegan takes; having confidence in his on-ball scoring game and getting to the foul line more. Guys like Josh Hart and Bruce Brown aren't as talented of scorers, but they fill a direct needs on the team that we don't have with anyone else. Or at least reliable until we see how guys like Edwards and Jones develop.
More importantly, they’re packageable role player pieces that could appeal to a team like the Clippers or Celtics or whoever when they decide they want to partially retool their roster and unload one of their star wings for assets while still trying to be good in the present.

I don't know how I feel about all these free agent guards/smaller wings who have questionable shooting. Josh Hart, Dillon Brooks, and Bruce Brown Jr. are all average 3pt shooters at best. I like their intangibles and everything else they bring to the table, but their lack of shooting probably means they're 2nd squad material right? Teams will probably leave them open all day to help on Fox and Sabonis instead.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on them if we decided to go that direction.