Postgame thoughts 11/16

I think that we all just need to relax a little...I mean we could get back a little better and stop some of the fast break points. But you got to look at it closer...We out rebounded them 41-39...Had less Turnovers 19-20...We shot 10 more free throws (15 + pts not to mention we were on the road)...We did have 7 less assists which is just making more shots from the outside or simply getting back in trasition D...I feel we just had an off night...and hopefully I am right...I feel that Kevin needs to be more agressive in the 4th quarter...its seems to me that he kinda looks for other players which is fine but if he is getting to the line that easy than do it...its pretty much an automatic 2 points and stops the clock...

but I am on Eastern Time so its 2:20...we need to get back on the right track against the Spurs...Pretty sure we owe them something after last year...good night

Ok if I showed the game to someone who has no idea who the players are they would tell me Corliss PLAYED better. You guys are saying SAR should've gotten minutes mainly cuz he's a big name. Corliss had 1 less point and 2 more boards. They played about the same but Corliss played better.

edit: Actually I'll admit they both played about the same in the same amount of minutes. But that is what it is-they played about the same with maybe Corliss playing a bit better tonight. I'm not saying like Corliss is consistently as good or a better player, I'm just saying tonight he might've played a bit better and for sure about the same in about the same amount of minutes. The stats support that.

Last edited:
my thoughts on the game

1. butterfingers! too many damn TO's. it seemd like every time we turned it over they scored.

2. kevin martin! he continues to impress me. i liked how he got to the line as many times as he did tonight. keep that up! i i'm loving it.

3. mike looked pretty bad out there. it's coming sooner or later, but he's going to need to take some extended time off i believe if the kings have thoughts of making the postseason. his shot doesn't look right. that wrist looks like it's bothering him. it needs to be addressed, because the kings wouldn't want mike to overcompensate elswhere, or hurt it worse.

4. i was not impressed with golden state. typical don nelson ball. baron davis thinks he's steve nash ( he looked like him tonight, but i highly doubt he sustains that for long. hell i bet he's hurt before long to be honest) hell the warriors think thye are the suns. uh no. hot start, thye will come back to earth just like thye did last year. the suns they ain't. no D

5. the kings looked ridiculously small out there. having corliss play center isn't a good idea muss! it didn't work while rick was coach, why the heck would it work now? the warriors aren't a huge team and they just towered over the kings tonight. dunleavly looked like yao ming out there ( ok i'm being sarcastic on that one, but you get the idea)

i don't think this was that bad of a loss. mike was ailing, 2nd night of B2B. i'm prety sure the crowd was 20-30% kings fans. i used to go to warriors kings games and king nation shows up. i would have been there for sure if i still lived down there. our D was total garbage and we were still in the game pretty much the whole game. the O looked like crap most of the time and we were still in the game. hard to say.

the kings have some work to do, that is for sure. GO KINGS!

Ok if I showed the game to someone who has no idea who the players are they would tell me Corliss PLAYED better. You guys are saying SAR should've gotten minutes mainly cuz he's a big name. Corliss had 1 less point and 2 more boards. They played about the same but Corliss played better.

edit: Actually I'll admit they both played about the same in the same amount of minutes. But that is what it is-they played about the same with maybe Corliss playing a bit better tonight. I'm not saying like Corliss is consistently as good or a better player, I'm just saying tonight he might've played a bit better and for sure about the same in about the same amount of minutes. The stats support that.
Well, I think if you really looked at the game, Corliss looked inept on his rotations. And looked slow. Which he is; it is hard to fault the guy, but his limitations are readily apparent. He should occupy a spot next to Taylor, Douby and Potapenko.

Evenstar: I agree that I think Bibby may just have to miss games and get better. I haven't heard that they've even figured out what exactly is wrong and why it is not getting better. :( He was really playing so great before the injury. The team will lose more without him, but we really need him to be fully healed.

I also think it looks like Ron's back is bothering him. :(

Well, I think if you really looked at the game, Corliss looked inept on his rotations. And looked slow. Which he is; it is hard to fault the guy, but his limitations are readily apparent. He should occupy a spot next to Taylor, Douby and Potapenko.
Speaking of Mo Taylor isn't it comforting to see he's not getting any minutes?

Bricks grades prove otherwise.

Transition D has been the major defensive weakness so far this year.

Although I won't dispute the idea that we need, or better, could use, a shotblocker. It's pretty hard to play transition D when you commit unforced turnovers that lead the other team right to the basket.

Of course the effort has also been slacking off that last two games and in spurts during the Raptors game.

This game reminded me alot of the earlier game vs the bucks in the respect that it was hard to watch. GS couldnt miss, they were getting in the lanes for lay-up's at will, hitting 3's at any given moment while a very high percentage was dropping in their favor. It was an off night period. I held this inkling of hope because we kept it within reach for most of the game, waiting and waiting for some defensive stops so that we could run out on a break, but no...they kept falling while baron drove for lay-up's and the assists, my goodness their ball movement!

This game reminded me alot of the earlier game vs the bucks in the respect that it was hard to watch. GS couldnt miss, they were getting in the lanes for lay-up's at will, hitting 3's at any given moment while a very high percentage was dropping in their favor. It was an off night period. I held this inkling of hope because we kept it within reach for most of the game, waiting and waiting for some defensive stops so that we could run out on a break, but no...they kept falling while baron drove for lay-up's and the assists, my goodness their ball movement!
we really only kept it in reach at the end of the third quarter and the beginning of the fourth quarter. but that's the interesting thing about nellie's system. he runs and he runs and he runs and he never stops running his guys. that said, in games where it would seem that a team couldn't overcome a sizeable fourth quarter deficit, they ultimately can. nellie has never really had much of grasp on the "slow it down" concept. you slow it down in the fourth. you don't shoot so early in every shot clock, because that increases the possessions in the fourth quarter, and therefore increases your opponent's chances at coming back and winning. fortunately for nellie, his guys just plain couldn't miss, cuz for a while there i thought the kings might just be able to steal this one.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Were just 8 games into new season, new team, new coach

Being just 8 games in with so much new for everyone, I'm kinda seeing what I expected at this point. The Warrior game did embarass our "defensive" approach this year by pointing out a nearly non-existent transition defense.

Kevin and Ron were ok.

KT disappeared again and had 6 TO's in only 16 min and zero put backs.

Salmons is sorely missed.

Cisco still...... ahh, is.....emmm..... hmmm. Not ready for prime-time

Bibby is hurt and the hand needs a rest. He also forgot what he started in the new defensive effort.

SAR is hard to figure.

Corliss is dependable but a mystery in the "Run TMC" game the Warriors played. Our 4 & 5 was constantly out rebounded by more athletic types.

Maybe bringing back Justin Williams isn't such a bad idea.

Some of the fun of an 82 game season is totally overreacting to one particular game.
I agree. As crazy as it may sound, I have stated after the loss to the bucks that I have realized that this is what it's all about for me--being extremely happy over wins and overreacting to losses.:p

I love this team but i just tend to overreact to everything. I now find it "normal" and fun (in a strange way) for me to overreact.:eek:

Ups and downs of the season.. gotta love it :D

I agree. As crazy as it may sound, I have stated after the loss to the bucks that I have realized that this is what it's all about for me--being extremely happy over wins and overreacting to losses.:p

I love this team but i just tend to overreact to everything. I now find it "normal" and fun (in a strange way) for me to overreact.:eek:

Ups and downs of the season.. gotta love it :D
Yup. :D

(See Sig)

it was one game. we have a better record than dalas, miami, phoenix... there's only 2 teams in the east with a better record than us. these bad games happen. baron davis was amazing yes and we are an injured team at the moment. there is no reason to push the panic button this early. we were 8 games below .500 last february and look where we ended up. people thought that golden state would finally make the playoffs last year, look what happened. we lost so many more worse games last year than this one loss

It wasn't the loss, it was the way that it was lost. The Kings were the better team that night, but got beat by energy and enthusiasm, which the Kings lacked...