Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade the 23rd pick for a veteran

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andriod_KiNg said:
Anyone see the ESPN Draft Special, they talked some about that 7 footer from France... He looked good nice hook shot, gots a Jumper too..
I think that is Petro. Very long but seems a little fragile to play C in the NBA.

Maybe a good project player.

On Grant's show yesterday he made the case that no matter who we drafted at #23 they would not be an "impact" player since they'd be hardpressed to unseat the veteran position players in front of them (he also expects Songaila and Evans to be retained by the team). However, he did say that the depth of this draft may provide us with a "contributor". So, it seems to me that all of the quality tall guys will be gone by then leaving only projects and undersized college-rep types and making the only practical choice a Euro (for now or later) or an undersized college SG OR perhaps the best choice, a good sized high school SG. Not a very encouraging scenario.

Rowdyone said:
On Grant's show yesterday he made the case that no matter who we drafted at #23 they would not be an "impact" player since they'd be hardpressed to unseat the veteran position players in front of them (he also expects Songaila and Evans to be retained by the team). However, he did say that the depth of this draft may provide us with a "contributor". So, it seems to me that all of the quality tall guys will be gone by then leaving only projects and undersized college-rep types and making the only practical choice a Euro (for now or later) or an undersized college SG OR perhaps the best choice, a good sized high school SG. Not a very encouraging scenario.
Ilic anyone?

I kinda like Turiaf out of Gonzaga. The guy plays with a mean streak and specializes in doing the dirty work down low that our big men seem to be allergic to.

There is nothing wrong with picking #23. Bobby Jackson was a former 23rd pick. What about Ricky Davis of Charlotte, Finley himself was 21, Tayshaun Prince was 23rd, and Tony Parker 28th. Those are most recent. I think GP will make the right choice and do the right moves during the offseason at least to keep us a perennial playoff team.

may all the way...hes strong and would be a perfect inside complement to miller's face-up game...not to mention, he would give the king's a much-needed toughness boost

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm going to go ahead and close this so as not to "spoil" the poll results. No other reason. So if anybody really really thinks it should be open, just PM me and I'll open it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.