Pedja Is Injured!!!!!

Man what is going on. He starts the game scorching hot, nailing 4/4 threes, being agresive, 13 points. AND HE GETS INJURED! Are we cursed...and why is it ALWAYS against the STUPID LAKERS (I know, I know, ironic considering my name). "Pulled Left Hamstrain" its that groin again. *sigh* First Bobby, than Miller and now my boy Pedja. Who's next bibby?!!?

Edit: According to early reports he is out for tonight and questionable for tomorows game against the Suns. Can this get any worse, man I'm furious.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Info on groin strins... NOT Good News

• a first degree strain is damage to a few muscle fibres
  • a second degree strain is damage to a more extensive number of muscle fibres
  • a third degree strain is a complete rupture of the muscle itself
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS In the case of a grade one groin strain the signs may not be present until after the activity is over. There may be a sensation of cramp or tightness and a slight feeling of pain when the muscles are stretched or contracted.

A grade two groin strain causes immediate pain which is more severe than the pain of a grade one injury and produces pain on walking. It is confirmed by pain on stretch and contraction of the muscle. A grade two groin strain is usually sore to touch.

A grade three strain is quite rare in the adductor muscles. There is an immediate burning or stabbing pain and the athlete is unable to walk without pain. In the case of grade two and three injuries, a large bruise will appear below the injury site after a few days - this is caused by bleeding within the tissues.

TREATMENT The immediate treatment for any muscle injury consists of rest, ice, and compression (never apply ice directly to the skin). This is aimed at reducing the bleeding and damage within the muscle tissue. Resting may be the common sense approach, but it is one that is often ignored by competitive athletes. This is unwise, since it does not take much to turn a grade one strain into a grade two, or a grade two strain into a grade three. As a general rule, grade one groin strains should be rested from sporting activity for about 3 weeks, and grade two injuries for about 4 to 6 weeks.

In the case of a complete rupture, the muscle will have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation afterwards will take about 3 months.

Regardless of the level of the injury, the treatment in the first five days is the same. The injury site should be rested, with an ice pack applied for twenty minutes every two hours. This should help to limit bleeding and swelling in the tissues. After the first five days have been spent resting, more active rehabilitation can be started.

Do we ever think it's not so much "indian burial grounds" but poor trainers? Proper warm up and stretching can help avoid these problems. It always seems Peja is so fragile.

shockdoc said:
Do we ever think it's not so much "indian burial grounds" but poor trainers? Proper warm up and stretching can help avoid these problems. It always seems Peja is so fragile.
Possibly, but then you have to figure in the non-injury factors. I mean, seriously, how does that ball bounce RIGHT to Robert Horry?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
shockdoc said:
Don't be absurd; Indian Burial Ground is the only rational explanation... ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Don't be absurd; Indian Burial Ground is the only rational explanation... ;)
I'm sorry -- don't buy it.

If indian magic was that powerful they would have kicked the white man right off of their shores and invaded Europe rather than the other way around. :)

Bricklayer said:

If indian magic was that powerful they would have kicked the white man right off of their shores and invaded Europe rather than the other way around. :)
Well, they're obviously getting the last laugh ;)

Bricklayer said:

Maybe Indian magic is passive-aggressive.