Pacers v. Pistons Brawl (MERGED)

oh man- that fight definitely rivaled any hockey game. artest will definitely be gone for the rest of the season. all athletes are held on a higher standard and he's finally going to pay for his hot head.

who wants to trade peja for artest now?? hahahaha

on a side note, is it bad that i was hoping hamilton or prince were NOT involved with the melee because i have them on my fantasy?

peja16 said:
In my opinion, the answer should be "nothing".

It's not as if the players went into the crowd looking for a brawl.
Actually, that's exactly what happened. Artest went looking for a brawl after he got a beer thrown at him. Artest was clearly not in harm's way, and aside from his fragile ego, he was not injured in any way.

Had he not gone into the stands, none of this would have happened.

A

AriesMar27

o'neill, jackson and artest are oficially my 3 favorite players now.... JO socked the hell out of that one dude, so did jackson.... artest... well, he's already too gangsta for the nba. we need to trade peja now....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
unscratched said:
oh man- that fight definitely rivaled any hockey game. artest will definitely be gone for the rest of the season. all athletes are held on a higher standard and he's finally going to pay for his hot head.

who wants to trade peja for artest now?? hahahaha

on a side note, is it bad that i was hoping hamilton or prince were NOT involved with the melee because i have them on my fantasy?
Artest won't be gone for the season, but it will be a hefty suspension of some sort. He actually got attacked twice -- once by Wallace and once by the fan, before he lost it. That will be taken into account I'm sure, although I am jsut as sure the NBA league office will issue a pretty damn stern condemnation.

BTW, early grade here: an "F" for the security guards.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Actualy Artest did not go into the stadsuntill AFTER the moron threw the object at his head. During Ben's Blow up he was laying on the scores table enjoying Wallace's show. Not sure that excuses Artests reaction or Steven Jackson who also clocked a fan, but it is part of the situation. Depending on what Detroit provided in terms of security and what they did, the Pallce may be sued by the Pacers. Fans could be and should be charged and yes some Pacers will defiantly be suspended and at leat Artest and Jackson may face criminal charges... ugly sight. Breaks my heart.

BigWaxer said:
I think I just seen a clip were J Oneal clocked some dood in the face that was on the court.
Man, that guy withstood a combination from Artest, then O'Neal (or was it Jackson) tried to go Kermit Washington on him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BTW guys, have a request in to merge the threads, and am going to merge this one with the three over in the NBA forum (which I already merged). The merged thread will be over in that forum.

Bartking said:
At first I thought Artest's foul wasn't that bad...but watch the replay. Doesn't it look like Artest followed through unnecessarily with BOTH arms on Wallace?

Also, the guy that Artest attacked..wasn't he holding a drink...therefore...was he the right guy????
They showed replay on espn. Artest got the wrong guy!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Artest won't be gone for the season, but it will be a hefty suspension of some sort. He actually got attacked twice -- once by Wallace and once by the fan, before he lost it. That will be taken into account I'm sure, although I am jsut as sure the NBA league office will issue a pretty damn stern condemnation.

BTW, early grade here: an "F" for the security guards.
Amen worst security since the Stones at Atalmont Speedway ;)

im freakin disgusted at both the players and fans involved in the brawl.... is just so freakin stupid... the fights were horrible sights.... just plain disgusted its just not on....

They said on ESPN that Artest went after the wrong guy and while he was fighting the wrong guy, the right guy kept punching Artest.

While he was on the table, trying to stay out of it, Wallace threw a towel at him.

Crazy.

Not Only Sore Losers

Unbelievable ... I'm watching this thing in shock and amazement. There were some pretty good punches landed ... that chair came out of nowhere.

Those Piston fans along the walkway don't realize it, but they're all on video. Those fans that came out on the court and same with those fans throwing punches ... especially the one that hit Artest from behind ... all on video.

We'll all see what the NBA is going to do .... fans and players DEFINITELY will understand the word CONSEQUENCE.

UNBELIEVABLE ...

Here's a question to ponder when you think about what Artest did:
In all the NBA altercations/ejections you've seen, when has a player ever "turned the other cheek" after being hit with a drink and doused with beer? It's unfortunate that nobody could hold Artest back and try to calm the situation down (which the Pistons were doing nothing to help - Thanks Guys!) but I don't care about a fans feelings if he/she is going to start throwing things. If you don't want it, don't start it.

Secondly, Ben Wallace deserves most (if not all) of the blame for this. What do you think would've happened if he just acted like a normal human being, went to the free throw line, took his 2 and then played out the last 55 seconds? Even if he would've cooled it after the initial shove, things would've gone smoothly. But no, he wanted to "prove something" because someone stopped him from a wide open layup. With the way the Pistons bullied their way to the title last season, they should be THE LAST team to get mad over a foul that wasn't even close to being flagrant.