OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

G_M said:
I was hoping Petrie could sprinkle some pixie dust on a deal involving a resigned Mobley and change for Artest. The only catch involves convincing Bird that Mobley is actually the next Reggie Miller just waiting for the right opportunity.;)
Unless the Pacers move Stephen Jackson they are not in the market for a starting 2 guard. They should only move Artest if they can get a starting SF in return.

piksi said:
When You say "we" - You mean You - right ?

I think that You will be very disappointed when You realize that Pedja is not going anywhere.
Actually I was referring to most intelligent Kings fans.

Seems like you're satisfied with a player who rountinely disappears in the playoffs and the 4th quarter. Personally, I think it's sickening. It shows a lack of interest on Peja's part, an overall lack of focus.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Diabeticwonder said:
Unless the Pacers move Stephen Jackson they are not in the market for a starting 2 guard. They should only move Artest if they can get a starting SF in return.
Well, Jackson is actually as much a 3 as a 2 I think, and there is always the neverending Jonathon Bender experiment....Still seems unlikely, but hey, I would at least ask.

Diabeticwonder said:
Actually, Stephen Jackson has been playing SF and they seemed pretty happy with the developing James Jones at SF. Since Reggie Miller is retiring there true need is for a SG.

Also, not sure if Artest could play SG in our system just something to ponder.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
G_M said:
This is one of those times, and I've mentioned it before, where you change the damn system if a player of Artest's stature is available. Don't scrap the whole thing, but if you've got last year's Defensive Player of the Year available and waiting in the wings, and you don't get him because "he doesn't fit our system", well that's taking it too far. Systems are great and keep you organized. But if they're too rigid they can also trap you and squash your talent. The system should always just be an ends to a mean, and if you've got a major player that can help you towards that same mean, going for a lesser "system guy" would be stupid.

G_M said:
Actually, Stephen Jackson has been playing SF and they seemed pretty happy with the developing James Jones at SF. Since Reggie Miller is retiring there true need is for a SG.

He played SG at Chicago. Playing him at SG makes sense since he will face many more SG's that he needs to shut down on D or SF's that play like SG's. But, he can really play both positions equally well.

F

Fillmoe

say what yall want about Artest the boy is a hustla! i would love to see him on the Kings! BROWNSVILLE! he has that Mike Tyson blood in him... HAHAHHAHA

I have this feeling Petrie going to pull something big that no one expects (like he always does). We already knew he was pondering something with Webber's trade, but damn now it's really getting to me thinking about what could happen. This off season is going to be interesting. Go Petrie!

Artest for Mobley would be great, but I get the feeling that Larry Bird will only trade with Sacramento if they offer Peja.

so far we've had mentioned ..

Artest
Swift
Chandler
Larry Hughes
Maggette
Kevin Garnett
Magloire
Mike Miller

we ought to do a poll or something.

Last edited:
I wouldn't like to see us giving up Peja, Bibby, or Miller...

I think if we had those three to build around we would just need the "filler" type players to compliment those three.

I said Bonzi Wells earlier because I like his rebounding, and athleticism, and defense at the SG position. Plus he wouldn't come at a big price. ALTHOUGH, I do love Evans potential as the defensive type player that can hit a few shots like Christie was.

I also like Chandler because of the same reasons. He does not require the ball, and as long as he stays out of foul trouble he could net us 12-15rpg at the PF position, and defend pretty well.

Of course I would LOVE to get an AK47 from Utah to play PF, but I think it would cost us one of the three I don't want to give up.

If Phoenix wins the title this year though, you might have us going in a different dirrection than mentioned above...

Raci said:
Elton Brand is my NO'1 man,if Kings can get him and stay with Miller,Peja and Bibby that would be fullshot. :cool:
Forgot about Brand.. But yeh, if we can keep our three main guys, and somehow get him... WOW!

piksi said:
When You say "we" - You mean You - right ?

I think that You will be very disappointed when You realize that Pedja is not going anywhere.

Damn right,he is original King.
People need to show more respect. :mad:

KG to Sacto

I hope Cat resigns. I hope Tag comes back. I hope Petrie will make a strong run at KG. Heres my trade. Cuttino, Ostertag, and Kenny Thomas for Kevin Garnett and Trenton Hassel. What ya think? Salaries equal out. Now for the interest. It reminds me of the Shaq trade. Two starters, Mobley and Thomas (Odom and Butler) for Kg (Shaq) and a filler from the bench.

Last edited:
venom_7 said:
I hope Cat resigns. I hope Tag comes back. I hope Petrie will make a strong run at KG. Heres my trade. Cuttino, Ostertag, and Kenny Thomas for Kevin Garnett and Trenton Hassel. What ya think?
Don't know why the Wolves would do that one bro... Cuttino, Tag, and Thomas are weak. The trade they were talking about last night on the radio involved either Bibby and Brad, or Bibby and Peja for KG and Hassell. While I'm not sure the wolves would even do that, there have been reports they might shop him if they get two quality starters back, and we can offer just as much if not more than almost any other team in that regard.

F

Fillmoe

venom_7 said:
I hope Cat resigns. I hope Tag comes back. I hope Petrie will make a strong run at KG. Heres my trade. Cuttino, Ostertag, and Kenny Thomas for Kevin Garnett and Trenton Hassel. What ya think?
Minny laughs at you and hangs up the phone.... if your looking to get KG it would have to involve miller and peja

Gary said:
I wouldn't like to see us giving up Peja, Bibby, or Miller...

I think if we had those three to build around we would just need the "filler" type players to compliment those three.

I said Bonzi Wells earlier because I like his rebounding, and athleticism, and defense at the SG position. Plus he wouldn't come at a big price. ALTHOUGH, I do love Evans potential as the defensive type player that can hit a few shots like Christie was.

I also like Chandler because of the same reasons. He does not require the ball, and as long as he stays out of foul trouble he could net us 12-15rpg at the PF position, and defend pretty well.

Of course I would LOVE to get an AK47 from Utah to play PF, but I think it would cost us one of the three I don't want to give up.

If Phoenix wins the title this year though, you might have us going in a different dirrection than mentioned above...

I would like to see Evans potential.Maybe he may start.
Chandler are greath player but i dont know if Chi want to give him for someone in Kings.

Raci said:
I would like to see Evans potential.Maybe he may start.
Chandler are greath player but i dont know if Chi want to give him for someone in Kings.
No way Evans as a starter next if we are to regain contender status. We need more talent starting at the SG position.

KP said:
Don't know why the Wolves would do that one bro... Cuttino, Tag, and Thomas are weak. The trade they were talking about last night on the radio involved either Bibby and Brad, or Bibby and Peja for KG and Hassell. While I'm not sure the wolves would even do that, there have been reports they might shop him if they get two quality starters back, and we can offer just as much if not more than almost any other team in that regard.
Petrie will not trade Bibby or Peja. I don't think Brads got the security, But i thought the Lakers got crap for Shaq. Minny wants to rebuild.

venom_7 said:
Petrie will not trade Bibby or Peja. I don't think Brads got the security, But i thought the Lakers got crap for Shaq. Minny wants to rebuild.
For KG he would. Trust me Petrie would trade anybody, just look at the last few years...