OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

KingCookie said:
CHRIS ANDERSEN. I petitioned for him all offseason long to no avail. He would flourish here and would be an instant fan favorite.
I really wanted Andersen too; it made me a little sick when I saw how cheaply NO scooped him up while the Kings wasted money on Ostertag. I think it will be pretty tough to get him from NO at this point because of his extremely cheap contract - they like him and were playing him big minutes the 2nd half of the season. Signing Ostertag instead of Andersen/Steven Hunter/Eddie Griffin was a HUGE blunder last offseason.

Let's just say we do get KG we couldn't afford him we are already over the salary cap by a lot. But if you do make a trade for KG we will be giving up a lot as well. Toronto's GM didn't want to deal with carter and he took anything that would get rid of him. Mchale is not stupid. He wouldn't give up a superstar. Even though I like the thought of having Bibby Miller at forward and KG the center. but it's jut not realistic.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
AleksandarN said:
You really dislike Pedja don't you. I can understand your grading but this is pretty much boarding on player hating.
I don't respect him as a competitor. Talented guy of course, but the last person in the world I would ever fear if I was the other team. Take him away with pressure and the occasional trap. Physically maul him, he'll go away. This is not a player that concerns me if I trade him away. There is a book on stopping him, and he doesn't have it in him to compete and beat you to show you up.

That's a different argument than does he have value to a team. There's just not a tough, nasty, vengeful "I'll show you" bone in his body.

Bricklayer said:
I don't respect him as a competitor. Talented guy of course, but the last person in the world I would ever fear if I was the other team. Take him away with pressure and the occasional trap. Physically maul him, he'll go away. This is not a player that concerns me if I trade him away. There is a book on stopping him, and he doesn't have it in him to compete and beat you to show you up.

That's a different argument than does he have value to a team. There's just not a tough, nasty, vengeful "I'll show you" bone in his body.
OK I can understand where you are coming from. It did seem a little harsh considering that he was a competitor last night. I agree he needs to be more aggressive or aggressive period. I wish he had AI's attitude and toughness he would be the superstar we all wanted him to become.

Let's bee realistic! 99% chance that bibby, brad or peja won't be traded. Not sure for everybody else.
There are a lot of cheap guards that are free agents, that can play D. Like Marko Jaric from Clippers. Who can play at 3 positions. Can score, can rebound, can steal, can assist.... And he'll fit in Kings just fine with all unlucky inj. he had this season. :)
We need a strong PF he doesn't need to score only to rebond and block shots.

AleksandarN said:
You really dislike Pedja don't you. I can understand your grading but this is pretty much boarding on player hating.
Actually I thought what Brick said was pretty funny. I don't think that it was hating, he was just making a point about Peja's glaring weakness.

FordPerfekt said:
Let's bee realistic! 99% chance that bibby, brad or peja won't be traded. Not sure for everybody else.
There are a lot of cheap guards that are free agents, that can play D. Like Marko Jaric from Clippers. Who can play at 3 positions. Can score, can rebound, can steal, can assist.... And he'll fit in Kings just fine with all unlucky inj. he had this season. :)
We need a strong PF he doesn't need to score only to rebond and block shots.
Why do you say that? What makes you think that neither Bibby, Brad, or Peja will be traded??? Just curious as to the reasoning behind your "facts"

Point Guard : Bibby / House

I'd say we shouldn't even seek any other options at this point. Mike has proved himself to be a Star, yet human at the same time(see good days/bad days). Some may question it, but as the seasons have went on, you've seen him turn into a really good point. Flustered at times ? Yes.. think about what he's been through this year. He has many good things, and many years to offer the kings.

Eddie House is a man of his own. The speed and quickness we need as a backup, and the shot to boot. There isn't a better backup we currently have, and he fits our offense in very defining ways, moreso then his larger, older teammates.

Shooting Guard : Maurice Evans / ??? Mobley ?

I feel as if Maurice is coming into his own. It's been absolutely beautiful watching him grow at the NBA level. He lacks the experience right now... I agree, but the best part of being part of a team, is bettering yourself to fit within that team. I look forward to this guy this coming year, and I hope..he's still around. Ups, pretty good long range, rebounding, defense, offensive awareness, what more can you ask for from a SG ?

As far as the Second spot, or starting spot for that matter.. Im clueless. I like the Cat. I loved Doug... It's hard for me, because Cuttino offers alot to this team. He needs to learn patience and trust within his fellow teammates. He also needs to understand that sometimes, its better to not just take the game into your own hands. So if his **** is together after camp, I say resign him. I'd like to see the team we have now, after a 6-7 month time to grow together.

Small/Shooting Forward : (Depending on Where ya learned hoop) ;)
Peja / Thomas

I was one of those, "Pissed at Peja" type people for awhile. However I've always respected him as a player. His on/off court persona is some of the best around, and I'd hate to see him go. Sure the Webb fiasco/paper bs had me on the fence about him, but hes a King. He's proved me wrong time and time again, and honestly... we'd be some damn fools to let him go.

Kenny Thomas. What more can I really say about you I haven't been saying at the ESPN boards for I don't know how long. Iffy to some, he's always had that, "Need the Right Team" feel to me. Sort of like Ray Allen at Milwaukee..Heir apparent, he just needed the Sonics. Thomas will grow into our offense moreso then what people believe. Hes got it all, and sometimes his defensive awareness is down when frustrated. Hes got the rebounding, the Mid Range shot, and the Offensive awareness.. keep him around.

Power Forward : Brad / Darius / Skinner

Brad, in the playoffs looked to be about 75%. He was somewhat reluctant on open shots, and wasnt as perky as usual. However, I love the man to death. Perfect for this team, and has the skills needed for the position. It's tough on him at times playing Centers bigger then him, but he always finds a way (when healthy). Stick around Brad..

Darius should realize the potential he has to become a very good PF. It'll come with time, he's still young. When that happens, watch out world. Work on your lowpost in the offseason, along with your 8-14, and you're golden chief.

Skinner...I had my doubts. I still do. I think everyone deserves a chance. 25-30 games isn't really a chance. It's hard to see where he could fit into our offensive threat category, but in the defensive end... I love the shot blocking.

Center : See Below

I left the center column open, I'm basically begging and praying within myself.. that we get who I'm hoping for. Sure Brad can play the big, I'd like to see him Free'd though. We need a good center, nothing to bulky, nothing Shaq like. We need finesse. Good hands, good eyes, good team player.

People to go :

Bobby Jax = Breaks my heart saying this, but hes been basically useless to us for 2 seasons, it's time to go J.

Ostertag = We'd basically get squat for him, but saying Skinner doesn't up his game come summer time, possibly pair him up and settle for a lesser / builder.

While true, I have no trades on this post...I'd rather not see the unit split up as much as some.

Last edited:
bbb said:
Why do you say that? What makes you think that neither Bibby, Brad, or Peja will be traded??? Just curious as to the reasoning behind your "facts"
Simple. They are our best players. (so was web but...), they are young have some good playing years left. I don't think GM is going to demolish core left from the old kings. At least for the beginnig of the season. I dont think that KG is worth mike bibby+ miller. Or something like that. you can't base your team on one super star player. But then again I was wrong about doug, web and...
No need to get offended if somebody thinks different. I was just saying my opinion. I said 99% based on player stats, and performance. You can argue that bibby&peja are terrible on D. but they can score one can score clutch shots other can score a lot (not in 4th ;) q. but 22 points in 1st half is like 22 points in 2nd half, they count same).

Last edited:
I'm quite sure that peja will be on any serious trade block this summer and whoever we get in return, it will change the character and style of kings' game.....and if we keep mobley offensively we will be half court one-on-one team....+ it will affect (negatively) miller’s and biby’s game because definitely they are not good one-on-one players….but if we can get a big man with some decent passing skills (let’s say boozer and move k.thomas on SF) and trade mobley for JJ we would be able to keep our image as exceptional passing team and still run Preston offense

Bricklayer

People occasionally mention Boozer, but he's actually a bit undersized himself, took a big step backward on the glass last year, and fell out of favor in Utah in part because of his defense (I believe) after signing a mega-deal with them. He's still a good young PF with a post game, but he averaged less than 1/2 a block a game last year, and if you have him and Miller together you again have two guys maybe a little undersized and certainly a underlong -- no shotblocking, no real ability to shut down the paint to penetration.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
People occasionally mention Boozer, but he's actually a bit undersized himself, took a big step backward on the glass last year, and fell out of favor in Utah in part because of his defense (I believe) later signing a mega-deal with them. He's still a good young PF with a post game, but he averaged less than 1/2 a block a game last year, and if you have him and Miller together you again have two guys maybe a little undersized and certainly a underlong -- no shotblocking, no real ability to shut down the paint to penetration.
...according to you, mutombo will be perfect guy for kings

Bricklayer

starks said:
...according to you, mutombo will be perfect guy for kings
Not sure how to take that -- just know that you have to have SOMEBODY up front who can block a shot. Doesn't have to be the PF. Doesn't have to be the C. But SOMEBODY (and ideally multiple somebodies) have to at least be a threat or you just have no chance of ever being a strong defensive team. You might be able to be average. Maybe. With Brad and Peja you already have one of, if not the, least athletic and intimidating (as far as interior defense goes) C/SF combos in the league. That really leaves only the PF spot to get that shotblocking/intimidation from. You just can't have a whole frontcourt full of stubby guys stuck close to the ground or you end up...well, kind of like we did this year.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
Not sure how to take that -- just know that you have to have SOMEBODY up front who can block a shot. Doesn't have to be the PF. Doesn't have to be the C. But SOMEBODY (and ideally multiple somebodies) have to at least be a threat or you just have no chance of ever being a strong defensive team. You might be able to be average. Maybe. With Brad and Peja you already have one of, if not the, least ahtletic and intimdating (as far as interior defense goes) C/PF combos in the league. That really leaves only the PF spot to get that shotblocking/intimidation from. You just can't have a whole frontcourt full of stubby guys stuck close to the ground or you end up...well, kind of like we did this year.
..no disrespect to mutombo....i brought his name as example of good rebounder and shoot blocker ...but except chandler I don't see anybody else that might be available on the market…on other hand, chandler is good talent, but not offensively polished and very inconsistent

Bricklayer said:
People occasionally mention Boozer, but he's actually a bit undersized himself, took a big step backward on the glass last year, and fell out of favor in Utah in part because of his defense (I believe) after signing a mega-deal with them. He's still a good young PF with a post game, but he averaged less than 1/2 a block a game last year, and if you have him and Miller together you again have two guys maybe a little undersized and certainly a underlong -- no shotblocking, no real ability to shut down the paint to penetration.
I'd hate to have Boozer because of his little scam last year. Since I'm a Kings fan by choice, it would make it harder to support the team - kinda like if we got Steve Francis or Marbury or some joker like that.

Bricklayer

Čarolija said:
Bricklayer, what are your thoughts on Swift?????? Would he be a good fit for us??????
For our high bball IQ pass/jumpshot offense? No.

For an athletic freak to fix our weaknesses? Absolutely.

Mentioned in another thread that this is where a younger Webber was so valuable -- had the bball I.Q. and passing/shooting skills to play in our offense, while still being a very good athlete/rebounder/shotblocker and giving us what we needed in those areas as well. But that's a very rare combo, and really unless we get K.G. almost anyone we bring in is kind of going to be one or the other. Either skilled, or athletic, but not likely both. Swift has all the athletic traits we need, but you just don't get the feeling that he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

I say we take a run at Artest. It would be a gamble but it's a classic buy "low" situation. The reality is that the Kings need to add several pieces to become a true contender. Defense and rebounding are two areas that need to be addressed.

How many "great" defenders are there in the NBA? Quick, can you name more than five? Ron Artest is great defender. Is he a head case...YES! Can he change? Not sure. Would he alienate the fan base? Would he be a target of the refs?

The Kings are over the salry cap so adding free agents is not easy. If Miller, Bibby, and Peja are your core you need to add some toughness, athleticism and defense.

I think it's something to at least ponder during this LONG offseason!

Trade B-Jax and Peja to Indiana for Artest and Jeff Foster. Foster is a good rebounder/low post defender and we know what Artest brings.

Ben Wallace, KG, Tim Duncan, Brand, Bowen, Artest, Camby, Manu, Shaq, Wade, Eddie Jones, Josh Howard, Yao, Sheed, Prince, Jermaine, Ratliff, Pryzbilla (have you seen his stats), AK47, Dalem, Hughes, Marion, Iggy...there aren't a ton but there are some..Iverson is also a pretty good defender.

Bricklayer

G_M said:
I say we take a run at Artest. It would be a gamble but it's a classic buy "low" situation. The reality is that the Kings need to add several pieces to become a true contender. Defense and rebounding are two areas that need to be addressed.

How many "great" defenders are there in the NBA? Quick, can you name more than five? Ron Artest is great defender. Is he a head case...YES! Can he change? Not sure. Would he alienate the fan base? Would he be a target of the refs?

The Kings are over the salry cap so adding free agents is not easy. If Miller, Bibby, and Peja are your core you need to add some toughness, athleticism and defense.

I think it's something to at least ponder during this LONG offseason!
If we could somehow get him without giving up Brad, Mike or Peja, I would be onboard with that. Think its unlikely we could pull it off under those circumstances -- Artest is a major impact player and Bird's no dummy -- but if we could, he's a helluva talented guy with exactly the attitude we need more of (when he's not going nuts). If you can get him without breaking up your core, and have him ADD to the core, well, could be huge. Or of course could blow up in your face. But as long as you didn't give up your best talent to get him, you can survive that explosion.

Trading Peja for him? Eh... I've only been lukewarm to that idea since it wass first hatched last summer. Makes sense in a lot of ways, but just dangerous given Artest's instability. If Artest keeps his head on straight, we might really benefit. But if he implodes, then you have no Artest AND no Peja.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
If we could somehow get him without giving up Brad, Mike or Peja, I would be onboard with that. Think its unlikely we could pull it off under those circumstances -- Artest is a major impact player and Bird's no dummy -- but if we could, he's a helluva talented guy with exactly the attitude we need more of (when he's not going nuts). If you can get him without breaking up your core, and have him ADD to the core, well, could be huge. Or of course could blow up in your face. But as long as you didn't give up your best talent to get him, you can survive that explosion.

Trading Peja for him? Eh... I've only been lukewarm to that idea since it wass first hatched last summer. Makes sense in a lot of ways, but just dangerous given Artest's instability. If Artest keeps his head on straight, we might really benefit. But if he implodes, then you have no Artest AND no Peja.
In regards to tradind Peja for him, I've think we've all grown tired of Peja's act. We've pretty much seen the best that we're going to get from him. Why not bring in a lock-down defender like Artest and see what happens?

Bricklayer

Team Dime said:
In regards to tradind Peja for him, I've think we've all grown tired of Peja's act. We've pretty much seen the best that we're going to get from him. Why not bring in a lock-down defender like Artest and see what happens?
If you said bring in Kirilenko or bring in Prince, sure, absolutely. Stable, tremendous defenders with good enough offensive skills to keep the falloff from being too shocking. But the problem with Artest is that he could literally (well, not quite LITERALLY) blow up in your face. He could get banned from the league. He could decide tommorow to quit the league to become a rap star.

Peja has many limitations, but he's still 20ppg. There are numerous people I think you could tade him for, Artest among them. But under no circumstances do you want to give up such a talented player and get nothing in return. And that's the risk with Artest. Maybe a fairly small risk. But if he goes off, he can really mess up the franchise (as Indiana found out).

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
Team Dime said:
When You say "we" - You mean You - right ?

I think that You will be very disappointed when You realize that Pedja is not going anywhere.

Bricklayer said:
If we could somehow get him without giving up Brad, Mike or Peja, I would be onboard with that.
I was hoping Petrie could sprinkle some pixie dust on a deal involving a resigned Mobley and change for Artest. The only catch involves convincing Bird that Mobley is actually the next Reggie Miller just waiting for the right opportunity.;)

G_M said:
I was hoping Petrie could sprinkle some pixie dust on a deal involving a resigned Mobley and change for Artest. The only catch involves convincing Bird that Mobley is actually the next Reggie Miller just waiting for the right opportunity.;)
I think Bird would want Peja for Artest. I think Bird could really help Peja develop into a much more well rounded player.