OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

OFFICIAL trade thread. Who can get we get for Mobely(Sign and Trade)?

Post all your trade puposals here. The website below will give you the salaries of every player on every team so you can see if the salaries match up.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

also, these are players recieving votes for defensive player of the year
2004-05 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM: PositionPlayer, TeamPoints1st Team VotesCenterBen Wallace, Detroit5123ForwardKevin Garnett, Minnesota4819GuardBruce Bowen, San Antonio4823ForwardTim Duncan, San Antonio3916GuardLarry Hughes, Washington229

2004-05 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM PositionPlayer, TeamPoints1st Team VotesForwardTayshaun Prince, Detroit216CenterMarcus Camby, Denver216GuardChauncey Billups, Detroit178ForwardAndrei Kirilenko, Utah175GuardJason Kidd, New Jersey164GuardDwyane Wade, Miami166Other players receiving votes, with point totals (First Team votes in parentheses):
Shaquille O’Neal, Miami, 16 (3); Allen Iverson, Philadelphia, 14 (6); Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, 12 (3); Shawn Marion, Phoenix, 9 (4); Manu Ginobili, San Antonio, 9; Rasheed Wallace, Detroit, 8 (1); Kenyon Martin, Denver, 6; Tony Parker, San Antonio, 5 (2); Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia, 5 (2); Shane Battier, Memphis, 4; Andre Miller, Denver, 4 (1); Tyson Chandler, Chicago, 3; Trenton Hassell, Minnesota, 3 (1); Kirk Hinrich, Chicago, 3; Joe Johnson, Phoenix, 3; Earl Watson, Memphis, 3 (1); Udonis Haslem, Miami, 2; Tracy McGrady, Houston, 2; Josh Howard, Dallas, 2 (1); Joel Przybilla, Portland, 2; Desmond Mason, Milwaukee, 2; Brevin Knight, Charlotte, 2; Vince Carter, New Jersey, 1; P.J. Brown, New Orleans, 1; Mickael Pietrus, Golden State, 1; Kurt Thomas, New York, 1; Jeff Foster, Indiana, 1; Greg Buckner, Denver, 1; Gilbert Arenas, Washington, 1; Gary Payton, Boston, 1; Emeka Okafor, Charlotte, 1; Eddie Jones, Miami, 1; Clifford Robinson, New Jersey, 1; Brendan Haywood, Washington, 1; Anthony Johnson, Indiana, 1; Andres Nocioni, Chicago, 1; Amaré Stoudemire, Phoenix, 1.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hughes shoots just as much as Cat, at an even lower percentage.

Sure, he'll help the D, but he'd instantly be our new whipping boy, whenever our offense falters, cause "HE SHOOTz 2 MuCH!11!" and "He MAkES BAd DECiSIOns!@"

We should try to get Richard Jefferson somehow. I would love to see him in a Kings uni. Its probably almost impossible because of his contract though.

My ideal scenario. We sign and trade Mobley to Memphis for Swift and then trade Peja to the Clippers for Maggette straight up.

PG-Bibby/Jackson
SG-Magette/Evans
SF-Thomas/Corliss/Martin
PF-Swift/Skinner/Songaila
C-Miller/Tag

gat

G-League
Ryle said:
My ideal scenario. We sign and trade Mobley to Memphis for Swift and then trade Peja to the Clippers for Maggette straight up.

PG-Bibby/Jackson
SG-Magette/Evans
SF-Thomas/Corliss/Martin
C-Miller/Tag
Stromile would be a great addition. I'm on the "Keep Peja" bandwagon though.

This is unfortunate, but the style of play (princeton offense) has to change. It was entertaining and exceptional when we had a younger Webber, Christie, and Vlade. With the guys we have now, we can not play at a championship level with the princeton offense. That would mean that a coaching change may need to take place, since this style of offense is their strong point and they haven't been able to do much defensively.

With that in mind, how about signing and trading Mobley for Artest? We may have to add more to the deal though. I know Artest is a head case, but even if he causes problems in Sac, he will still have value since his upside (good offense and great defense) is something a lot of teams would love to have.

...and if you are willing to part with Peja, you can do the Maggette for Peja deal.

These trades would give us better defense and points in the paint since Maggette gets to the foul line very often. Ofcourse these deals do nothing about our lack of an inside presence.

Last edited:
BK_KingsFan said:
We should try to get Richard Jefferson somehow. I would love to see him in a Kings uni. Its probably almost impossible because of his contract though.
Very athletic and potentially a difference maker in PO's. However, he will be in his baseline year in 05/06 with 3 mil. kicker. Also, he can be infuriatingly incosistent in the same game.

King4Life said:
This is unfortunate, but the style of play (princeton offense) has to change. It was entertaining and exceptional when we had a younger Webber, Christie, and Vlade. With the guys we have now, we can not play at a championship level with the princeton offense. That would mean that a coaching change may need to take place, since this style of offense is their strong point and they haven't been able to do much defensively.

With that in mind, how about signing and trading Mobley for Artest? We may have to add more to the deal though. I know Artest is a head case, but even if he causes problems in Sac, he will still have value since his upside (good offense and great defense) is something a lot of teams would love to have.
I am also in get Artest at SG camp. I think that Artest is a wonderfull reclamation project in this off season and that his trade value may be bottoming out this summer. But then again, I'd be surprised if Bird doesn't think exactly the same (that Artest will stabilize).

I think the Kings have a good opportunity to move Cat (if he re-signs), Peja, and some role players to a non-playoff level team for a big name. I do not see a playoff contender wanting anything to do with either of those guys, but you never know. Also, aren't most of the Sonics free-agents this summer? Maybe we could do a sign-and-trade for one or more of those dudes... Ray Allen maybe?

Ryle said:

PG-Bibby/Jackson
SG-Magette/Evans
SF-Thomas/Corliss/Martin
C-Miller/Tag
I would love to see that lineup. I wouldn't mind seeing if we could get Elton Brand somehow either but i'm sure that's a pipe dream.

SLAB said:
Hughes shoots just as much as Cat, at an even lower percentage.

Sure, he'll help the D, but he'd instantly be our new whipping boy, whenever our offense falters, cause "HE SHOOTz 2 MuCH!11!" and "He MAkES BAd <A href="mailto:DECiSIOns!@"[/QUOTE">DECiSIOns!@"
Hughes:
PPG: 22.0
FG%: .430
RPG: 6.3
SPG: 2.89 (#1 in NBA)
APG: 4.7

Mobley:
PPG: 1702
FG%: .438
RPG: 3.5
SPG: 1.12
APG: 2.8

Sure, Mobley shoots a slighly higher percentage, but look at Hughes' other numbers. I wouldn't have a problem with Cat if all of his misses came within the context of the offensive scheme. At least 2/3 of Cat's misses are when he monopolizes the ball and goes one on one, which IMO are worse misses than if he were to miss them while playing a team game because when he monopolizes the ball and goes one on one it is infectious just as passing is and others around him start doing the same thing. Also, Hughes is a premier defender at the 2 guard and that's what we need. Assuming Ray Allen stays out west the west is loaded with 2 guards who are offensively talented: Kobe, Ray Allen, Jason Richardson, McGrady, Manu. The Kings need a perimeter defender and I would love for that to be Larry Hughes although it probably won't happen.

I would love to see us go for Jermaine O'Neal, or Gasol.

It would take Peja+another, but we need to shake things up a bit.

Mobley/Williamson/Skinner for Mike Miller/Stromile Swift. Kings exercise option on Bobby Jackson, resign Tag for the exception.

Center- Miller/Ostertag
PF - Swift/Thomas
SF - Peja/Evans
SG Miller/Evans/Martin
PG Bibby/Jackson/cheap pickup (maybe House stays for cheap)

Just wishful thinking here and a lot of things would have to happen, like Mobley exercising his option and Swift working out a sign and trade, but I think this would well for us. I think Mike Miller is the guy we wanted Mobley to be. He's much more of a team player and can't possibly be worse defensively. Swift is the athletic big man we desperately need.

Tried to work it out on Realgm, but too many gray boxes on both sides due to last years of contracts and player options. Depending on what Swift signs for, the salaries would work.

I'm not too thrilled about letting Songaila go, but I think Swift would help us in an area we need it.

Jerry West gets another big time scorer in Mobley and gets tougher with Williamson. It is known that Swift isn't happy in Memphis and is looking to get out. West gets Skinner to play behing LoWright and Pau at 4/5 and Williamson to bang around the thugs if needed.

Last edited:
I would be interested in Hughes, Maggette, and Swift for starters. Just throwing some names out for now.

Tim Legler was on 1140 and he felt the two key areas the Kings needed to address were a perimeter defender in the mold of Christie and a rebounding/shot blocking post player. No real surprises, I think he must read this board.;)

There seems to be a consensus(at least among fans) as to the weaknesses of the team. IMO it seems like Miller, Bibby, and Peja are here for at least next season and they will be the core.

bozzwell said:
I am also in get Artest at SG camp. I think that Artest is a wonderfull reclamation project in this off season and that his trade value may be bottoming out this summer. But then again, I'd be surprised if Bird doesn't think exactly the same (that Artest will stabilize).
I think we may have found an internal answer at SG last night with Evans. We need to resign him, he's got alot of promise and he'll be much cheaper than Mobley, Bojax, Artest...... just about anyone else.

Trade Peja for an inside presence, Swift im not sold on but not totally against. Gasol would be better of course. Tyson Chandler might be a good fit, although injury prone. I think we have to roll the dice and get us an athletic big man. Im intrigued by K9 at small forward. And i think we can do better than Mobley, but we have to see how that shakes out. What is Mobley going to be asking for and whose interested in his game?

Is Jamaal Magloire any good for a possible trade? He didn't play much at all this season, but he's got size, youth, and he's posted some good numbers in prior years. His salary is on the high side $8.5 million, but he's a free agent after the season.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
mbkings10 said:
I wouldn't trade Peja to somebody in our own division, and not our conference unless we really get a superstar player back.
Heh - the last human being on Earth scared of Peja.

I might trade him to a contending team out West on PURPOSE as a trojan horse. then go get Trenton Hassel.

CaminoChaos said:
take a look at the link i posted on the first thread. it has all the salaries. just pick the team u want to see and it will list all the players.
Their salary this season, however, won't be exactly their market value. Who knows? Someone may really need a scorer and will offer him $8 million a year. Or everyone may see him as selfish and one-dimensional, and someone will pick him up for the MLE. Hoopshype is helpful, don't get me wrong, and everyone should check it and realgm out before coming back here. But it's not the end all be all of next year's salaries--for free agents that is.