OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Free Agent

I dont know if this is already said but why dont we try to get Samuel Dalembert from the Philadelphia 76ers. He's a young athletic player who can improve his offensive skills with us. He plays good defense and is a great rebounder. I dont know if he's is a free agent this summer or not.

CDiddy, I love your idea..

But at the same time I REALLY would love to build around Miller, Bibby, and Peja. We need to get the pieves to fit around those three players. Mainly rebounding and defense..

Trade Jackson, and Williamson to the Bulls for Chandler...

Trade Mobley and Skinner OR Thomas + draft pick or one more player to the Grizzlies for Wells, and Swift.

Trade Thomas or Skinner and a draft pick for DOUG CHRISTIE!

Pick up Donyell Marshal as a FA, and resign House.

C Miller/Swift/Tag
PF Chandler/Swift/Marshall
SF Peja/Marshall
SG Wells/Christie
PG Bibby/House/Christie

After Christie was gone I realized that he brought a lot of pluses to the team. He did not require his shots either. I think it would be a good idea to bring hims back as a bench player, to bring some energy, and defensive presense.

Last edited:
Here is the best senerio I can realistically see happen.
Trade 1

Bobby Jackson and Kenny thomas and a pick for Ron Artest and cap filler.

Trade 2

Tag and Cuttino Mobley(ofcourse if he does not opt out) a 1 number pick for a resign Big Z(Cavs)

This could be our lineup

PG:Bibby/House
SG:Artest/Evans
SF:pedja/Corliss
PF:Brad Miller/Corliss/D-Song
C:BigZ/Skinner

Last edited:
I would love to get Chandler to start at PF.. This guy on the Kings if he gets more than 30 minutes (w/o getting into foul trouble) and if he just concentrates on defense, and rebounding could avg 15rpg!!!

See what he did for the Bulls in the last couple months? When playing over 30 minutes he averages about 16 RPG!!!! and 2 blocks! This is something we need.

AleksandarN said:
Trade 1

Trade 2

Tag and Cuttino Mobley(ofcourse if he does not opt out) a 1 number pick for a resign Big Z(Cavs)

This could be our lineup

PF:Brad Miller/Corliss/Skinner
Where is Darius Songaila?

Gary said:
CDiddy, I love your idea..

But at the same time I REALLY would love to build around Miller, Bibby, and Peja. We need to get the pieves to fit around those three players. Mainly rebounding and defense..

Trade Jackson, and Williamson to the Bulls for Chandler...

Trade Mobley and Skinner OR Thomas + draft pick or one more player to the Grizzlies for Wells, and Swift.

Trade Thomas or Skinner and a draft pick for DOUG CHRISTIE!

Pick up Donyell Marshal as a FA, and resign House.

C Miller/Swift/Tag
PF Chandler/Swift/Marshall
SF Peja/Marshall
SG Wells/Christie
PG Bibby/House/Christie

After Christie was gone I realized that he brought a lot of pluses to the team. He did not require his shots either. I think it would be a good idea to bring hims back as a bench player, to bring some energy, and defensive presense.
The Bulls are not gonna part with Chandler. It's not gonna happen. They like him a lot. They want to build around Chandler, Hinrich and Gordon.

Wells is a poor fit for this team. Bad locker room guy, poor attitude, doesn't respect authority. Perfect for Portland, but even they tired of him after a while.

The trade idea I suggested allows us to keep Miller, Bibby and Peja and put a team oriented scorer and athletic defender around them. Mike Miller has a great jumper and with the looks Miller and Peja can get him, he's solid 50% FG and 12-14 points a night. He would basically be everything we wanted Mobley to be but more team oriented and wouldn't jack up long jumpers without making a pass. Stromile Swift needs a team that fits his style of play. He doesn't want to be the main guy. He wants to play low, scrap, get rebounds and block/alter some shots. He feels they aren't giving him the right opportunities in Memphis.

Doug, unfortunately, has a serious foot ailment and will never be 100% again. He no longer can offer anything to our team unless he fully recovers from his surgery, which might take half a season.

I won't speculate on any trades other than to say this: Petrie made some benign comment last year about not making any major moves, and look what happened. Nobody saw the Brad Miller trade coming, nobody really saw the Christie trade coming, and nobody saw the Webb trade coming. People had suspicions, but it was managed in a real low profile way. Petrie would make a great spy/black ops leader. I would not want to play poker with him.

There's no telling what will happen, and I think it would be a big stroke of luck to guess anywhere near how it will finally shake out. So here's to Petire - work that voodo that you do.

PejaHoops16 said:
Peja, Kenny, and Darius for KG and two other not so good wolves players.

Cuttino for artest

Corliss and skinner/or otag for any decent sf, you decide

PG Mike and Bobby
SG Artest and Evans
SF the one u decided, and draft pick
PF Carlos Boozer (free agent) and Skinner/or Otag
C KG and Miller

Wow.
Now why would the wolves do this trade. They would rither have to be high on something or just plain stupid. And having Artest, Boozer, and KG is not a reality. Keep dreaming.

Burrito06 said:
Now why would the wolves do this trade. They would rither have to be high on something or just plain stupid. And having Artest, Boozer, and KG is not a reality. Keep dreaming.
Is there ANY way to pry KG from the Wolves? He's on an entirely mediocre team, and he's getting older... and he'd be the ultimate player for us. Who knows what the Minny brass are thinking. Did we ever think that Vince Carter could be traded for two pinto beans and a side of rice pilaf?

There must be a way.

Chandler would be extremely difficult to grab because Eddy Curry's injury is totally inflating Chandler's numbers. He will be very expensive, pricewise and tradevalue wise.

however, a darkhorse we should go after who could become cheaper is NENE!

Big strong guy with athletism, still very raw. not good shooter, but very good upside, and decent passing touch

Bricklayer said:
Heh - the last human being on Earth scared of Peja.

I might trade him to a contending team out West on PURPOSE as a trojan horse. then go get Trenton Hassel.
You really dislike Pedja don't you. I can understand your grading but this is pretty much boarding on player hating.

bbb said:
Larry Hughes is not a great one-on-one defender. He is, though, a tremendous help defender and plays passing lanes very well. All his steals are off of playing the passing lanes, which would be something new to the kings :) However, he is not as good a one-on-one defender. I would still love to have him on the Kings. He can fit into our system very well but still be able to take his man to the rim (again, something new to the kings).

i like hughes alot...the more i watch him play the more i can see him being a king..i wouldnt mind that at all...

A

AriesMar27

PejaHoops16 said:
Peja, Kenny, and Darius for KG and two other not so good wolves players.

Cuttino for artest

Corliss and skinner/or otag for any decent sf, you decide

PG Mike and Bobby
SG Artest and Evans
SF the one u decided, and draft pick
PF Carlos Boozer (free agent) and Skinner/or Otag
C KG and Miller

Wow.
why the hell would kg be our srting center? miller is better than boozer and knows the system i doubt adelman would make him come off of the bench.... and why didnt you just put kg at sf? thats what he really is.... he and dirk are tall azz sf's.... but minny wouldnt do that trade....

Ok guys, Chandler and Hughes, much as I'd love to have them, will go back to their teams.

The Bulls and the Wiz are the teams of the future in the East, and the'yre actually developing a nice rivalry.

CDiddy's Memphis idea is interesting, but I think I'd rather pick up Battier than Miller, as we would still have no perimeter D. And Miller seems to have injury issues.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I'll give it a try. So far some of the trades posted have looked pretty realistic. Others, no.

#1 Sign and trade Cuttino Mobley and send him to Memphis for Bonzi Wells.

Bonzi is on the outs with Memphis and is going to go so this could easily work. First Memphis picks up the option on his contract for next season and we sign Cat and trade him. Bonzi has the stigma of the stereotypical Portland Jailblazer but would give us strength, defense, and serious slasher that can throw it down on people.

#2 Trade Bobby Jackson, Corliss Williamson, and Darius Songaila to Utah for Carlos Boozer.

We obviously need to find a strong rebounding PF that will fit into our system. I don't think any HUGE names (Brand, KG, etc.) are in our realm of possibility but one that may be is Carlos Boozer. He just hasn't fit in with Utah and would be perfect for the Kings. Boozer is a pretty good post presence, strong rebounder, and is a pretty good passer as well.

#3 Sign Matt Barnes to league minumum.

#4 Draft Wayne Simien or another serviceable big.

#5 Sign Zeljko Rebracca with one of our exceptions via free agency for some added size.

I really noticed this season when we played the Clippers that this guys game has seriously improved and could be a great backup C coming off the bench.

Our line-up:

PG: Bibby / House
SG: Wells / Evans / Martin
SF: Peja / Barnes
PF: Boozer / Thomas / Simien
C: Miller/ Rebracca / Skinner

Bonzi have a reputation(didn't see him playing much personally) of being very selfish, something we are trying to get rid of in Cat.
Maybe it just piling up its value but Utah president said Boozer is going nowhere.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Gilles said:
Bonzi have a reputation(didn't see him playing much personally) of being very selfish, something we are trying to get rid of in Cat.
Maybe it just piling up its value but Utah president said Boozer is going nowhere.
At least Bonzi ventures into the paint once in awhile.

Dump Corliss and Mobley to get anyone big and decent.
Of course, it would take another Petrie miracle to make this one work...

AleksandarN said:
Trade 1

Trade 2

This could be our lineup

PF:Brad Miller/Corliss/D-Song
That would be a very slow front court, but Z get give us some shot blocking and post presence. Plus we experimented with Vlade and Brad last year and it worked out well. Big Z would cost us some money to get though.

Ryan

I like turtles
SacTownKid said:
PG: Bibby / House
SG: Wells / Evans / Martin
SF: Peja / Barnes
PF: Boozer / Thomas / Simien
C: Miller/ Rebracca / Skinner
I don't know. For some reason I could se Wells not showing up to the first day of practice. He's kind of a problem child, but then again so was Webber before he came to Sac

well, I guess we're all being crazy and rediculous, so I'll try an offseason re-work. Im gonna try to be as realistic as possible, so please feel free to call me on any of my ideas if they are as unrealistic as many posted here.

Trade#1:
Kings Trade - Brad Miller, Mike Bibby
Kings Receive Kevin Garnett, Ndubi Ebi

I don't know if KG is tradeable, but if he is, this is a package that would get him. Its rough parting with Mike, but the Wolves clearly aren't winning with the team they have, and the same is true of the Kings. Big trades take trading big players, and its tough to pull the trigger for both sides on this one. (RealGM accepts)

Trade #2 - (this one is a little nuts)
Kings Trade - Peja Stojakovic, Kenny Thomas, Cuttino Mobely, Corliss Williamson
Kings Receive - Stromile Swift, James Posey, Mike Miller, Jason Williams, Dahntay Jones

This works assuming Mobely and Swift sign similar deals in a sign and trade. If not some tinkering is involved. Memphis gets Peja to go with Gasol and suddenly has a tremendous inside outside punch with Wells and Cat slashing. Kenny Thomas gives them a nice change of pace 4.

Lineup after trades

PG - Jason Williams / Bobby Jackson
SG - Mike Miller / Kevin Martin / Dahntay Jones
SF - James Posey / Maurice Evans
PF/ C - Kevin Garnett / Brian Skinner / Ndubi Ebi
PF / C - Stromile Swift / Greg Ostertag

This leaves us with an interesting lineup. The first thing that will Raise eyebrows is Jwill coming back. BUT its the perfect team for him to be a guard for. Extremely athletic, with two fast bigs who will run the court, and a 2 guard that can really shoot the 3. Playing towards the Phoenix strategy here with 2 PFs playing on the frontline instead of a true center, but really its what we're doing now anyways since Brad is a high post player who isn't a defensive presence (how many real 5's are there in the league anyways?). I'm not sure if either trade is feasable, but I think both are at least enough to raise the other teams eyebrows.

mbkings10 said:
That would be a very slow front court, but Z get give us some shot blocking and post presence. Plus we experimented with Vlade and Brad last year and it worked out well. Big Z would cost us some money to get though.
Yes it is a very slow front court but the thing is that we would have good perimeter defense to limit penetration and with the size of our front we would not have much of a rebounding problem.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
ovrush said:
well, I guess we're all being crazy and rediculous, so I'll try an offseason re-work. Im gonna try to be as realistic as possible, so please feel free to call me on any of my ideas if they are as unrealistic as many posted here.

Trade#1:
Kings Trade - Brad Miller, Mike Bibby
Kings Receive Kevin Garnett, Ndubi Ebi

I don't know if KG is tradeable, but if he is, this is a package that would get him. Its rough parting with Mike, but the Wolves clearly aren't winning with the team they have, and the same is true of the Kings. Big trades take trading big players, and its tough to pull the trigger for both sides on this one. (RealGM accepts)

Trade #2 - (this one is a little nuts)
Kings Trade - Peja Stojakovic, Kenny Thomas, Cuttino Mobely, Corliss Williamson
Kings Receive - Stromile Swift, James Posey, Mike Miller, Jason Williams, Dahntay Jones

This works assuming Mobely and Swift sign similar deals in a sign and trade. If not some tinkering is involved. Memphis gets Peja to go with Gasol and suddenly has a tremendous inside outside punch with Wells and Cat slashing. Kenny Thomas gives them a nice change of pace 4.

Lineup after trades

PG - Jason Williams / Bobby Jackson
SG - Mike Miller / Kevin Martin / Dahntay Jones
SF - James Posey / Maurice Evans
PF/ C - Kevin Garnett / Brian Skinner / Ndubi Ebi
PF / C - Stromile Swift / Greg Ostertag

This leaves us with an interesting lineup. The first thing that will Raise eyebrows is Jwill coming back. BUT its the perfect team for him to be a guard for. Extremely athletic, with two fast bigs who will run the court, and a 2 guard that can really shoot the 3. Playing towards the Phoenix strategy here with 2 PFs playing on the frontline instead of a true center, but really its what we're doing now anyways since Brad is a high post player who isn't a defensive presence (how many real 5's are there in the league anyways?). I'm not sure if either trade is feasable, but I think both are at least enough to raise the other teams eyebrows.
Woah, now that would be absolutly insane!

--Huge Jason Williams fan, here. Fans would be happy to see him, but deffinatly a big (If not huge) step-down from Mike...The new team would fit his old-school running game he had, before Hubie got his hands on him...BAcked up by Jackson, and we all know his game.

--Mike Miller can hit threes, but outside of that, I don't know much on his game...He's still relativly young, which is also a huge plus...Now the back-up situation worries me...Kevin isn't ready yet, although he showed some improvment at the end of the year. According to Hoopshype, though, Dahntay is a good defender, good offensive rebounder, and will block shots...IS that right?

--James Posey would be a good addition. Plays good defence, and can hit his shot. Definatly something this team could use. And Mo Evans proved his worth to me in game 5. He's a keeper.

--I'm also a huge Stromile Swift fan. A Swift/Garnett look would be great down in the paint. Stromile down low, with Garnett doing everything, it's a great combination. Then hopefully a "good" Brian Skinner shows up next year, and I love the combination.

--Kevin Garnett...The guy would be leadership/rebounding/defense...He's everything. I don't care what the price is, at all. If we can fill in the voids respectivly for what we lost, pull the trigger.

However, the chances of this are zero to none...I like it though!

LPKingsFan said:
Ok guys, Chandler and Hughes, much as I'd love to have them, will go back to their teams.

The Bulls and the Wiz are the teams of the future in the East, and the'yre actually developing a nice rivalry.

CDiddy's Memphis idea is interesting, but I think I'd rather pick up Battier than Miller, as we would still have no perimeter D. And Miller seems to have injury issues.
Perimeter D isn't as much of an issue if we weren't so weak inside. Our perimeter guys could play much tighter on the outside if we had a solid presence in the middle. Also, Mike Miller played in 76 games this year, which is more then 12 of our 14 guy roster. He averages about 66 games a year his last 3 years, which is comparable to Bobby, Brad, Peja, and Bibby. I don't think he is more injury prone then the guys we already have and in many cases, less prone. Mike Miller is a great spot shooter, much like a Fred Hoiberg or a Wally Szcerbiak. He can flat out stroke it. Shot 50% this year from the field. Fits in our system well. Could easily develop into a Doug Christie type player for the Kings with less defensive ability but a MUCH better jumper. Everyone knows players gain assists when coming to the Kings because of our system and he would be no exception. He would be a 12-14ppg and 4.5assist guy in our system. Swift would work well for us down low, blocking shots and actually having a big man who could play above the rim would be very refreshing. I really can't see any downside for us in this trade. Sure we could get better defensively on the perimeter, but defense works inside-out and inside is our biggest weakness.